Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've just bought some Quinoderm 5 cream, and having only just put it on, I am just wondering whether I need to moisturise really... my skin doesn't feel as though it is burning or sore, and feels very supple.

Also - how much Quinoderm should I use? More or less than the BP Gel instructions? Or the same amount?

I'm also using the face wash - is this any good?

Tom,

You absolutely MUST MUST MUST MUST moisturise. Even if your skin feels supple now, you will regret it later. Start immediately.

The face wash seems to be good, but is immensely drying. I wouldn't recommend using it together with the cream. Get Johnson and Johnson PH Balanced wash - it's great!

You need to use about 1 - 1.5 fingers of Quinoderm for your entire face. If this is not enough however to clear you, bump it up to 2.

Good luck!

http://www.westons.com/acatalog/Online_Cat...oderm_2850.html

Pharmacy2U sell it but you actually have to put in a search for 'Quinoderm' in the search bar. It doesn't appear under the normal 'treatments' or 'washes' sections for some reason.

It smells sort of plasticy - reminds me of that plastic stuff you could blow up with a straw that you buy from toy shops (I know what I mean!!) and it's blue. The consistency is quite good - it doesn't foam and has an antibacterial agent in. AFAIK, not a BP wash.

Mr Keys, I'm only using about half a finger of Quinoderm at the moment, so that is probably why I'm not burning up or anything. Also, I have been on PanOxyl Aquagel for the past 3 months so I think my face is just about resistant to anything!!

Though I appreciate the advice - and am going to start lightly moisturising and perhaps increasing the dose - think it's important to remember everyone's different, so what dries for some will not for others, I guess!

To be honest, I would avoid all PanOxyl products like the plague.

The 5 cream is the least drying, but the consistency is terrible and it doesn't absorb well at all.

The Gels are all a disaster - they really dry out the skin to the point of pain. I wasn't even using that much and I once woke with my face so dry that when I stretched my skin slightly I actually saw it crack and bleed.

It could just be me, but I'd stick with Quinoderm or the BP Gel from now on.

skunk, I ordered Quinoderm facewash from Tesco. It took them a while to get it in, but I've just started using it again and it's great. No bullshit, just gets rid of all the shit on your face. Try it!

hi i've just joined and i just wanted to know what the rutine is at the moment im washing my face with simple face wash for men and then applying quinoderm cream and was just woundering if you could tell me what i should do in order to get rid of my acne what procedure should i follow.