Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Is this a cyst or a papule?

my goodness! its hard to tell from the picture as it is a tad blurry.. but that is some crazy severe cystic acne there. can you please tell me everything you use on your face?

FIRST thing i would do acne_battle is drop Aczone IMMEDIATLY... from your regimin.. i have no doubts you will see improvement once you do this.

I like the aczone. First of all, my acne isnt severe; its moderate. Second of all, I rarely ever get cysts. I mostly get pustules, third of all, I only get them on my chin and jawline, and lastly, my regimen is in my signature.

well i hope this changes your mind on aczone:

http://www.rxlist.com/aczone-gel-drug.htm

the only thing wrong i see in your regimin is aczone, i really hope you consider dropping it completely. im just trying to help out.

Why would the prescribing information change her mind? Aczone works nicely for many.

You simply just don't like prescriptions; that's all. And what moisturizer are you using now, anyway? It changes every week or so. (rhetorical, no need to answer)

I couldn't exactly tell which one you're referring to, but they look more like papules to me. How badly does it hurt? Does it feel like a marble under your skin? If hurts a lot and feels like a shooter marble or larger, I'd say it's a cyst.

the only thing wrong i see in your regimin is aczone, i really hope you consider dropping it completely. im just trying to help out.

Why would the prescribing information change her mind? Aczone works nicely for many.

You simply just don't like prescriptions; that's all. And what moisturizer are you using now, anyway? It changes every week or so. (rhetorical, no need to answer)

No, i don't like things that HURT people... like BP and Aczone etc... why dont you read that link i posted it has tons of scientific analysis and tests performed on people that put their skin in a horrible state. What do you mean i change moisturizers every week???? I have been using triceram for a long time now, why do you care?

I read that link too and Im like and, whats your point? All it says is what the prescription is.

my goodness! its hard to tell from the picture as it is a tad blurry.. but that is some crazy severe cystic acne there. can you please tell me everything you use on your face?

She has nothing close to severe, cystic acne. It looks like a large papule or possibly small nodule.

She has nothing close to severe, cystic acne. It looks like a large papule or possibly small nodule.

Really? I always thought my acne is moderate to severe. Its definitely not mild. I know its not severe but its on the end of moderate if that makes sense

Hi Molly =]

Well it's a tad hard to tell, but my cysts are usually bright red, but this one looks like it has a white middle-ish part. I think it just might be a nodule! Is it just whiteish looking because you were icing it? It looks like you have a lot of hyperpigmentation, but not severe acne for sure! Ice Ice baby! Have you taken some advil or ibruprofin along with icing it? Good luck Molly, hope it goes away very soon!

IT is hard to tell cyst or nodule..But i wonder witch one takes longer to go away?

your using way too much products...... for that type of skin

thats not good

why arent you on accutane

use cetaphil stuff

and dont use make up.

I couldn't exactly tell which one you're referring to, but they look more like papules to me. How badly does it hurt? Does it feel like a marble under your skin? If hurts a lot and feels like a shooter marble or larger, I'd say it's a cyst.

It hurts slightly. Ive been through much worse pain in my life. At the age or seven, I broke my two front teeth up to the root and now I have a root canal, at 16, I had an appendectomy, and at eighteen I think, I had pylonydol cyst surgery (cyst on my tailbone).

Hi Molly =]

Well it's a tad hard to tell, but my cysts are usually bright red, but this one looks like it has a white middle-ish part. I think it just might be a nodule! Is it just whiteish looking because you were icing it? It looks like you have a lot of hyperpigmentation, but not severe acne for sure! Ice Ice baby! Have you taken some advil or ibruprofin along with icing it? Good luck Molly, hope it goes away very soon!

Hi. Thank you for the smile and your kindess. That makes me happy!

I am actually allergic to advil. It gives me severe diarrhea and a stomach ache. The reason I said severe is because I break out everyday and I have a lot of redmarks.

your using way too much products...... for that type of skin

thats not good

why arent you on accutane

use cetaphil stuff

and dont use make up.

How am I using too much products? I wash my face twice a day, use aczone twice a day, and I use epiduo every other day only on my nose and I moisturize once a day, sometimes twice, depending on how dry I am.

I hate Cetaphil. It leaves a white film on my face and it gives me red bumps all over my face. I took Accutane twice. You dont know my horror story? Nothing is wrong with make up as long as it isnt oil based.

Hi Molly =]

I am actually allergic to advil. It gives me severe diarrhea and a stomach ache. The reason I said severe is because I break out everyday and I have a lot of redmarks.

Aww well I'm glad that I made you happy!! =) Oh man! Well, I hardly ever have advil in the house, so I usually just ice the crap out of it and just that alone brings down the pain and swelling. Damn cysts/papules! Grr... I HATE BREAKOUTS everyday. I feel like when an old cyst is just about to wrap up its life, and bring new one comes to take its place (THANKS.!!!) Well, keep icing that sucker, I'm sitting here icing one too! . =[

Hi Molly =]

Aww well I'm glad that I made you happy!! =) Oh man! Well, I hardly ever have advil in the house, so I usually just ice the crap out of it and just that alone brings down the pain and swelling. Damn cysts/papules! Grr... I HATE BREAKOUTS everyday. I feel like when an old cyst is just about to wrap up its life, and bring new one comes to take its place (THANKS.!!!) Well, keep icing that sucker, I'm sitting here icing one too! . =[

What kind of acne do you have? Im glad to know Im not the only person here who gets new breakouts every single day

It's hardly "crazy severe cystic acne" I'd call it moderate... Do you really think that's a nice thing to say, even if it were true? It seems people can be mean even on the org.

By the way I think it's a small cyst, or large papule I wouldn't worry about it hun! One day at a time right? :)

It's hardly "crazy severe cystic acne" I'd call it moderate... Do you really think that's a nice thing to say, even if it were true? It seems people can be mean even on the org.

By the way I think it's a small cyst.

Thank you! Thats why Im hesitant to post pictures of myself on the internet because there is a lot of cyberbullying that goes on

im not trying to be mean by saying she has severe cystic acne, im just trying to be accurate. That is severe cystic acne and not moderate from the looks of the picture. I really think all of that in the photo will clear up if she just drops Aczone, that stuff can do alot of damage according to that Rx website i posted. I didn't mean to offend you acne_battle.

Just keep in mind that the way you word things can have a lot of effect on people, adamrodrigue. Especially people that are talking about a sensitive subject.

"Your acne seems severe, and possibly cystic" can be just as accurate as "that is some crazy severe cystic acne there", without coming off as harsh.

I understand that you were just trying to be helpful, but I can also understand how what you said could easily be considered offensive or rude.

I'm not a dermatologist so i dont really know what kind of a zit it is. It doesnt look that bad tho. Deffinatley not cystic. Good luck :)

im not trying to be mean by saying she has severe cystic acne, im just trying to be accurate. That is severe cystic acne and not moderate from the looks of the picture. I really think all of that in the photo will clear up if she just drops Aczone, that stuff can do alot of damage according to that Rx website i posted. I didn't mean to offend you acne_battle.

There is no way her acne is "crazy severe cystic" as you stated. Have you ever seen severe cystic acne? What she has is nowhere near that. She has a combination of noninflamed acne and moderate inflamed acne with red marks from prior breakouts.