Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Electrolizer

what to eat/drink/do?

Ok im a bit depressed. my skin is bad again, not way bad but reddish and with small pimples...etc. Im the one in the pic down here...the skin looks good cuz of severe camera flash. anyway, in real life im 2 kg overweight and my skin sucks, so im trying to lose weight and better my skin at the same time. What foods will be great for my skin? And does milk help to cause acne? And...who here has followed a great diet and truly got great skin afterwards? I eat cuz i feel bad and then i look worse...its a viscous cycle i need motivation!

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt59/Mi...ia/aaaaaaaa.jpg

I think the following foods are good...

Carrots (they contain vit A which is good for skin repair)

Brazil Nuts/walnuts/almonds/hazelnuts (Vit E which is recognised for very healthy skin)

Drink milk in moderation

Avoid high starchy foods containing a lot of white flour, they are harder to digest-so white bread is probs the worst-try Rye or wholegrain. Bread contains yeast and barley which isn't too good for skin, not sure why, I read it a while ago in many places.

Try getting lots of Iron from leafy veg and broccoli

and aim to drink 2.5 litres of water a day.

Hope this helps...

and don't get too down about skin, it WILL get better!

xx

get braggs organic apple cider vinegar and drink 2 times a day to flush out toxins and help out your digestive system which may be causing your acne. and dont irritate your skin by using cleansers and other products. try using water only or no water at all to repair your skin

The basics are avoid processed foods and drinks especially sugars and bad fats. Eat more real, nutrient dense foods prepared in ways to best preserve nutrients. Do that first.

Everything else is different for each person. You will just have to experiment.

And read other threads. Start here for the cliff notes.

No, Acne_Battle. I wish! I dont have body dismorphia or anything...i know the skin looks good in the photo but the camera flash was really very whitening. I cant photoshop that well, and i doubt anyone else can :)

thanks 4 all the comments so far. im just real depro today. Ive eaten chocolates, cream cheese, juices and ten cups of coffee today...so i feel my skin and weight is suffering. i just have to make a change i know...i could even get diabetes from this all...

10 cups of coffee? Try to drink caffeine in moderation. Green tea is good for skin I believe.. Drink lots of water, carrots, berries of all kinds, hazel nuts..

What I would do is add healthy food one at a time and see if you break out.

I would add 1-2 food into your diet every 2 weeks.

for now eat food that wont cause acne , then slowly add more food :)

just avoid junk food , refined sugars , unbleached flour or w.e ,

I would start with these food -

Chicken breast

salads

veggies ( ANY veggies is fine , I've never heard vegetable causing acne. )

Then add more healthy food and see if you break out or not.

Some people are taking supplements , such as Zinc. I've heard it helps ....

I've also heard about MSM , and multi-vitamin.

No, Acne_Battle. I wish! I dont have body dismorphia or anything...i know the skin looks good in the photo but the camera flash was really very whitening. I cant photoshop that well, and i doubt anyone else can :)

thanks 4 all the comments so far. im just real depro today. Ive eaten chocolates, cream cheese, juices and ten cups of coffee today...so i feel my skin and weight is suffering. i just have to make a change i know...i could even get diabetes from this all...

Yeah , eating healthy is expensive. It sucks that you got to work to buy your own food. My parents wouldn't buy the food that I buy. I spend $220+ a week just on food.

So far , I've been feeling great and energized. I've gained muscles. I am pleased. However , I am using proactiv , still thinking of stopping using this product. I am afraid that I would get worse.

Anyhow, your a pretty lady , you don't deserve this :)

Thanks everyone! Yes Eddie, proactiv is not for everyone...it burnt my skin a little...i needed something more gentle for my sensitive skin...maybe u also need something milder. Anyway ive now decided to become a vegetarian again...i noticed my skin breaks out when i eat a lot of fatty products like meat, and im drinking more water. By eating more veggies and fruit and less meat, im also losing a bit more weight...which will help. I had the most delicious vege-burger last night...and some juices. I dont really like the taste of meat a lot anyway.

thanks again and good luck to u all :D