Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What to do with after-acne red/brown spots?

My back has almost no acne but it used to have ton that I popped. So now my back is covered in red spots that are flat, have no bumps, and are ex-scabs from pimple popping.

I have them for many months! They go away so slow! On face they go away 10 times faster! How do I speed up this process? Tanning helps a bit.

Moisurizing doesn't help much. I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and exfoliate with baby brush.

Thanks guys! I did find that swimming in pool full of chlorine does help with red bumps and even acne but only if you do it rarely.

Sun tanning helps the most, but its kind of awkward for a guy...

Thanks guys! I did find that swimming in pool full of chlorine does help with red bumps and even acne but only if you do it rarely.

Sun tanning helps the most, but its kind of awkward for a guy...

Doesn't the sun darken the spots and prolong the life of the scars? That's what i read in other forums, but people here seem like find tanning as a solution to fade scars. Please enlighten me.

Hey,

That is exactly what i have right now. No acne or pimples, just some red and brown spots that take a long time to go away.

Is there any name for these "spots"? because when i say "acne spots" some people think i am talking about the early stages of acne.

If your skin reacts well to sun you can start taking regular sun baths.

Thats terrible advice! Do you want him to end up with skin cancer?

Okay... maybe I should repeat my post:

If your skin REACTS WELL (having a pale skin predisposed to cancer doesn't mean you have a skin that reacts well to sun tanning (by my opinion)) to sun you can start taking regular sun baths.

And by regular I mean 1-2 times weekly in the sunny periods of the year. And not sitting every day under the sun for 12 hours... 20 minutes 2 times weekly in the Summer if your skin is dark (like mine) will do wonders. Do you see any red marks or traces of acne on my tanned skin: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...i&img=33374? No...

Of course you can use some natural (herbal, etc) sun protection lotions. Btw, I'm against any kind of lotions except for soft natural products. And of course if your skin is very pale and you get sun burned easy, you should avoid sun exposure. I think it's logically... And one other note: I would advice this only for people who don't have any active acne, because further active zits will leave very bad white spots on the browned skin.

I do have 2 or 3 pimples on my back, not severe at all. Once it goes away, yes it leaves a brown spot or shadow.

Personally I tan and dive 1 or twice a year under the sun. Yes it does help. Not that it lightened the dark spots, but the general tanning sortof masked or camouflaged the spots.

You cant go under the sun for too long, too often in short period of time and yes, doing that may lead to skin cancer. Tan smart thats all.

Daily (or once every 2 days when Im lazy) I scrub my entire body. Then I apply my usual body lotion. This help lessen any dark spots.

Before tans I will scrub like mad. After tans I will moisturize like mad. And you see every single imperfection/ spot disappear. It gives me the golden glow too.