Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skinny_muffin

Can drinking apple cider vinegar be used in conjunction with the DKR?

I know that using other products topically while following the DKR is not recommended until the skin is completely clear, but I was wondering if I could still drink apple cider vinegar. Do you guys (or girls) think it would be okay to do this, or should I stick to the DKR?

Stick with just The Regimen for a few months before adding in any other variables. It's easier to decide if The Regimen works for you if there isn't anything else that could be affecting your results.

Once you've been on The Regimen for two or three months, you can try adding other treatments in one at a time so you can see how they affect you.

Hello! I just registered in order to thank you.

10 years ago for the whole year I didn't use a moisturizer. I only washed twice a day with Johnson's 5.5 face wash and my face was PERFECT. Then the bottle finished and I couldn't find the same one, so I got a cleanser for sensitive skin, which didn't cleanse as well, so I started washing more times a day, which made my skin really dry so I figured I needed to moisturize. Pimples appeared and for 10 years to follow I was in constant circle. For some periods I would stop picking on my skin, so I would be better but I still had pimples and blackheads and my skin overall felt.. I don't know: dirty?

I got soooooooooooooooooooo tired of all of that, especially of all kinds of creams, oils, moisturizers, etc.. I tried everything: Cetaphil, Avene, La Roche Posay, Clean and Clear, Clinique 3 step system 3 times during that period, but nothing put an end to my misery.

So 7 days ago I found this post you left. I also always thought that less is more when it comes to skin, but we are bombarded by creams and moisturizers in order not to get too old too soon, but when I read your post I thought "yes, I also think I'd feel better with dry skin than with pimples" at the age of 31. And I decided I was not going to use moisturizer anywhere on my face except a special one around my eyes. And I had a sample of Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser. I also bought Garnier Pure Exfoliator in order to put it as a mask occasionally to try to diminish the pimple marks that picking on my skin made.

So far - great.

I finally feel good in my skin. I feel deliberated. Not one single pimple on my face. I must say though that my pimples obviously were always caused by things I put on my face and not by hormones or any similar problem that came from inside, but I do have a little sensitive and thin fair skin.

I can't believe it's over, but I know it is. I've tried so many times to stop picking on my skin, but the pimples were always there. Now I know I will not pick, because every day my skin is looking better and better.

Thank you so much for this support. There are so little sites on the internet that would honestly say that you don't really need to moisturize. It is especially important to stress out that nobody needs that much moisturize as you would think from the commercials. If we need some moisturizer, that would be maybe put some on your hands and just barely touch some dry zones. But I don't even need that after more than 7 days of using none.

Oh, I also need to say that I almost never used moisturizer on my body because there's no need if I use a good body wash, so I thought - if this works for my body (perfectly free of any pimples during my whole life), why wouldn't it work for my face?

I am sure this would work for so many people - especially women, because we tend to put so many things on our face, it cannot breathe and we don't give it any other option but to react by breaking out.

sure why not, apple cider does more than benefit just your skin, so even if its only the regimen clearing you up, it wouldnt hurt to continue using acv.

Whatever you do, don't mix it with soymilk to try to mask the flavour.

But it'll definitely do good things for you. Why not be as healthy as possible when trying to fight something like acne? You can always continue being healthy once your acne's gone if you so feel the need :P.

Hello! I just registered in order to thank you.

10 years ago for the whole year I didn't use a moisturizer. I only washed twice a day with Johnson's 5.5 face wash and my face was PERFECT. Then the bottle finished and I couldn't find the same one, so I got a cleanser for sensitive skin, which didn't cleanse as well, so I started washing more times a day, which made my skin really dry so I figured I needed to moisturize. Pimples appeared and for 10 years to follow I was in constant circle. For some periods I would stop picking on my skin, so I would be better but I still had pimples and blackheads and my skin overall felt.. I don't know: dirty?

I got soooooooooooooooooooo tired of all of that, especially of all kinds of creams, oils, moisturizers, etc.. I tried everything: Cetaphil, Avene, La Roche Posay, Clean and Clear, Clinique 3 step system 3 times during that period, but nothing put an end to my misery.

So 7 days ago I found this post you left. I also always thought that less is more when it comes to skin, but we are bombarded by creams and moisturizers in order not to get too old too soon, but when I read your post I thought "yes, I also think I'd feel better with dry skin than with pimples" at the age of 31. And I decided I was not going to use moisturizer anywhere on my face except a special one around my eyes. And I had a sample of Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser. I also bought Garnier Pure Exfoliator in order to put it as a mask occasionally to try to diminish the pimple marks that picking on my skin made.

So far - great.

I finally feel good in my skin. I feel deliberated. Not one single pimple on my face. I must say though that my pimples obviously were always caused by things I put on my face and not by hormones or any similar problem that came from inside, but I do have a little sensitive and thin fair skin.

I can't believe it's over, but I know it is. I've tried so many times to stop picking on my skin, but the pimples were always there. Now I know I will not pick, because every day my skin is looking better and better.

Thank you so much for this support. There are so little sites on the internet that would honestly say that you don't really need to moisturize. It is especially important to stress out that nobody needs that much moisturize as you would think from the commercials. If we need some moisturizer, that would be maybe put some on your hands and just barely touch some dry zones. But I don't even need that after more than 7 days of using none.

Oh, I also need to say that I almost never used moisturizer on my body because there's no need if I use a good body wash, so I thought - if this works for my body (perfectly free of any pimples during my whole life), why wouldn't it work for my face?

I am sure this would work for so many people - especially women, because we tend to put so many things on our face, it cannot breathe and we don't give it any other option but to react by breaking out.

Erm...I think you posted in the wrong topic.