Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
savageme

supplements/diet for red marks

Does anyone know of a particular vitamin/supplement or diet change that could make my skin less prone to leave red marks. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and I am very fair so every red mark stands out. I use a lot of topical's to help and they do, but it seems like as the older spots fade away, I just keep getting new spots even though I only get a few blemishes every once and a while. If anyone knows of anything it would be sooooo much appreciated. Thank you! : )

I use this list as a check list and I never get red marks anymore.

1) Never pick spots

2) Get a good night's sleep

3) Exercise once per day (it doesn't have to be more than 5 minutes)

4) Don't binge eat

As long as I do all of those steps everyday I never get red marks. Fasting for a day can significantly reduce redmarks too, if it is for an upcoming event. Normally I don't recommend fasting unless it is important and temporary.

wow nice list, will stick with it. when you say you don't get red marks anymore, does that mean they just disappear really fast (like approx a week?)

I use this list as a check list and I never get red marks anymore.

1) Never pick spots

2) Get a good night's sleep

3) Exercise once per day (it doesn't have to be more than 5 minutes)

4) Don't binge eat

As long as I do all of those steps everyday I never get red marks. Fasting for a day can significantly reduce redmarks too, if it is for an upcoming event. Normally I don't recommend fasting unless it is important and temporary.

This is all great information that I find helps me a lot too. I feel that supplementing with zinc (50 mg around lunch time) also helps my skin heal faster. Definitely not picking spots is the most important, though it is all too tempting. Frequent exercise and moderate sunlight exposure definitely helps a lot as well.