Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minty Peas

How to prevent EDM from creasing under your eyes

After a while when I look in the mirror, I notice that my Everyday Minerals really makes the creases under my eyes stand out. It actually looks pretty bad. I can blend it in again with my finger so it looks okay, but I'd like to be able to just leave it alone. Is there anything that works under eyes as a primer for the EDM so this doesn't happen? Or maybe I just have to stop using powder concealer... Any recommendations?

I had this problem and had to ditch powder concealer. I now use a liquid one for under the eyes. Stick concealers on mineral powder foundation doesn't work either.

Thanks for the input, Marjory!

Molly, I use the concealer before foundation.

Recently I've just been dabbing jojoba oil around my eyes. I also tried Burt's Bees royal jelly eye cream, but neither eye cream seemed to make any difference. I've also tried to go without eye cream with the same result. :(

Hello - I am 39 y/o user of EDM so I am also concerned with not accentuating my eye creases or crows feet.

I've recently found a great trick with EDM for this very purpose and it works perfectly.

Here's what I do:

• Wash face in the AM with water only

• Immediately after while I still have natural moisture on my face I apply Cetaphil moisturizing lotion to my whole face, including under the eyes.

• Mix Bisque color corrector with a small dollup of Cetaphil moisturizer and using a foundation brush - apply the wet concealer to under my eyes. *This is the best trick I’ve learned so far that applying it wet as a first step covers my dark circles without accentuating my eye wrinkles as dry minerals, powder, or cream / stick concealers tend to do.

*Note that I use the bisque color corrector from EDM but I'm sure you can do the same thing with any EDM concealer*

• Let whole face dry for a good 15 minutes or until face no longer feels tacky then I buff in all of my dry minerals, avoiding the eye area.

It really works, moisture is key!

That's great, let me know how it works!

The awesome thing about EDM is you can experiment and try so many things. As I was typing

the reply it occured to me I could probably use the same technique to conceal my whole face with the wet application not just the eyes. Then just dust some finishing powder over at the end. I may try that today myself :)

That's great, let me know how it works!

The awesome thing about EDM is you can experiment and try so many things. As I was typing

the reply it occured to me I could probably use the same technique to conceal my whole face with the wet application not just the eyes. Then just dust some finishing powder over at the end. I may try that today myself :)

It seems to work really well so far! It's about three hours after I applied it and it still looks good. I used Dan's moisturizer and mixed in the powder to make sort of a gloopy liquid, then applied it with my finger. Really great tip! I was worried that I would have to stop using Everyday Minerals around my eyes, so I am really grateful!

Let me know how the overall wet application works if you do try it. : )

Molly: I'm sorry if I offended you. I was just really happy to read greeneyes's post because it seemed like an immediate and tested solution to my particular issue. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was ungrateful for your ideas, and I'm sorry if that's how it came across.

Thanks everyone who responded with their suggestions. : )

I am so happy it worked for you too!! If you don't already have one you should invest in a foundation brush. Anyone will do. I got mine at Sephora for $10.00. It really makes a difference using the brush versus your fingers. I think if you try that you'll like the under eye wet coverage even more!

I did try the all over wet application. It looks good but I think I used the wrong color minerals as my face looks a bit too white. I'll keep trying until get the right color application :)

This is what I love about EDM, you can experiment in so many ways. It's a fun makeup with great coverage!

It can be tricky mixing colors to find the one that suits you best. I'm relatively new to Everyday Minerals, but I really love the coverage too! Right now I'm on my second sample kit still trying to find my match. I am definitely getting closer. : )

I don't have a foundation brush right now, but this new trick made me go order one! Until it comes I'll keep using my finger, but I can't wait to try it out with the brush! Many many thanks!

Oh you're welcome! I am glad it's working for someone else too.

You will definitely love the application even more with the foundation brush :)