Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
electric_feel

Liquid foundation users

I've been using Revlon Colorstay for about 2 years now, give or take. When I was clear I was using this foundation so I don't think it's the culprit for my clogged pores. I'm sure it contributes to them as most foundations do, but I wear foundation everyday and plan to do so until i've managed my skin and red spots are faded. This will probably take years to achieve. =(

How often do you switch brands, is it good to do so after a while? I'm actually going to Ulta today during my lunch break. Ulta is like Sephora but it's also got drugstore brands, where as Sephora doesn't. I'm going to look for a new foundation and I am scared to death.

Shopping for foundation is like shopping for the perfect jeans, it's really a science, very difficult to find the perfect match on your first run to the store.

I've been reading reviews for foundation on makeupalley.com, but these reviews never seem to help me because there's always that one person who claims that the foundation made them break out, and then I freak and go on to the next review LOL.

i don't use liquid foundation because i don't like how it feels on the skin, so don't have any recommendations for that : ( if you wanted to try a mineral pressed powder, i really like the one that physician's formula has. it's not heavy coverage, but you can get it to medium coverage if you mist your brush with a setting spray and layer it little by little .. just dabbing in onto the skin. it doesn't last on me, so i have to reapply.

i do wanna say i SOO feel you about reading the reviews on makeupalley. lol. there will be one review about how it's a miracle, and then the next someone will be say how it was the worst thing ever invented. it really is true that nothing works for everyone. it is a science! lol. i've never liked science or trying to find the perfect jeans. i can't stand it when you find a pair you really really like, and then it rips or something happens to it where you can't wear it anymore.

and i love ulta : )

For me, if the product says "oil free", it usually does not break me out even if it doesnt say non-comedogenic specifically. Also I never buy pot concealers or foundation because I am OCD about contaminating the whole product. Mineral makeup is great as it does feel lighter but if you are using retin A etc. it flakes for me, so I dont use that anymore. But I used to use Maybelline mineral powder and it was great as it has no mica, bismuth etc. I once bought Clinique almost makeup powder makeup and it broke me out terribly, turns out it had mica. So I am sure even everyday minerals will break me out. Right now I am using Clinique superfit liquid foundation. It doesnt break me out but it can look orange if you apply too much. BTW I dont it is necessary to change brands if something is working for you. Revlon Colorstay is heavy coverage foundation though. I bought it recently too but havent started using it yet b/c its summer.

i stopped using foundation years ago... and my skin has thanked me for it.

I refuse to walk around not wearing any, my face is too irritated and inflamed and the foundation masks that. I commend you for being brave enough to do so, maybe when I have no more active pimples and just red spots i'll try working my way up that, but right now not wearing any foundation is too scary for me.

i stopped using foundation years ago... and my skin has thanked me for it.

I refuse to walk around not wearing any, my face is too irritated and inflamed and the foundation masks that. I commend you for being brave enough to do so, maybe when I have no more active pimples and just red spots i'll try working my way up that, but right now not wearing any foundation is too scary for me.

well, i don't not wear ANYTHING when i do wear make up. just tinted moisturizer (bobbi brown tinted moisturizing balm).

this was my favorite foundation ever when i did wear it. http://shop.nordstrom.com/hs/MAFMU420

makes your skin look beautiful.

I'm also a long time user of Revlon Colorstay. I think I've been using it for about 3 years. Actually a month ago I switched to MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I was kinda worried because I knew it was known to break a lot of people out but I tried it anyway. The first month I didn't have any problems but a few days ago I started getting tiny, under the skin bumps everywhere, and 2-3 breakouts on my chin (I don't usually break out there). It's too bad because I really did like the coverage. So much for that.. I'm back to using colorstay now.

I've had clear skin for almost 2 years now, and in that time.. i think i may have switched foundations maybe 3-4 times.

I remember one that brought me out in a horrible rash type spot frenzy on my forehead, and i thought 'right thats it, my acne is coming back'. So i immediately stopped using it.

Forgot which one it was tho weirdly =/

I've been using Rimmel Lasting Finish for the longest. It gives me fantastic coverage, my skin is used to it and i feel no need to change to another brand at all.

There have been the odd times when i've felt like a change, bought one, tried it once and decided it wasnt for me.

But luckily, swapping and changing hasn't broke me out in acne or anything :)

I don't really like the thought of changing cosmetics - too worried my spots will come back

i would say i switch about every 6 months.

but for the past year i have been using MAC and Make up Forever's foundations.

i'm honestly not sure if they are adding to my breakouts.

but i don't use drugstore foundations. or mineral. both don't work for me because i need a long lasting medium/full coverage to cover the red marks.