Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whiskers McCoy

Switchin BCP

I'm switching from dianette to yasmin. And I'm a little confused about when to start taking the new month of yasmin. My doc said take them back to back leaving out my 'period' 7 pill free week. But wont this just mess up my cycle? In the book in the box it says to just have your period as normal then start the new yasmin on the day you'd normally start the new month of dianette? Help please ladies.

xxx

hey,

I've never personally switched bcp myself but I don't see any reason why you can't have your 7 day free period before starting your new pill. Either way it's just like you're starting a new packet regardless of the fact it's a new type of pill :)

Thanks Wallflower, I think thats what I'm going to do, as I think the only reason you would take them back to back is if you we'rent using another method of contraceptive cover.

Yeah, I agree. I've switched birth control plenty of times, and I've always just started the new ones on the same day as I would've started a new pack anyway. *shrugs*

I was prescribed Yasmin too! My doc told me to just start on the day I would have started my old BCP. Hopefully this will help with the hormonal acne I have been experiencing :)

Thanks for your replies guys, I started yasmin yesterday. Was fine all day, but I think I overcooked some rice as I had really naucious stomach. Don't think this is related at all to yasmin because I took that at 11 and didnt start feeling sick til like midnight(after I had eaten dodgy food).

Good luck to you LKPhoto=D let us know how you get on!

xxx