Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I have almost got rid of my spots, but I still get a few now and then... My skin is very dry and I think that might be why I got a few whiteheads, also my skin is flaking. I have come across Dr. Nick lowe product whilst looking for a moisturizer and the reviews are good.

I have oily skin but it's dry at the moment, and I don't want a moisturiser that will clog my pores and make me break out.

Heres the whole product range Dr. Nick Lowe

Has anyone sued them at all, are they worth the price ? ( on offer too ! ). They seem to be containing all the good ingredients, salicylic Acid, Vitamins A,C and E

Thank You

Or blemish complex, are they any good ?

... boots.com ( uk site ) have a 3 for 2 offer and I need to know which is best.

Please

I can't access that site; I automatically get the Boots.com generic site even if I try to follow your link (that's just because of my location).

You can look at the suggestions on this website for different moisturizers, and look at the UK regimen supplies.

Here are some ratings for different moisturizers: http://www.acne.org/moisturizers/rcat5/page1.html#browse

Lots of people really like the Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA night version; it is moisturizing and contains an alpha hydroxy acid so that helps fade red marks faster. If you do choose a moisturizer that has an AHA, please use SPF to prevent damage to your skin. :)

Interesting. I read the information from a nicklowe site; there is no listing of ingredients. Also the writer of the website erroneously assumes that all acne is caused by sebum.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have bad acne, only a few red spots, but I have more blemishes. Heres another link to Dr. Nick Lowe's website, it lists the ingredients used with one cleanser ( any good ) Dr. Nick Lowe

I don't know if I need a moisturizer because I don't want to blog pores and cause more spots ( I also have oily skin but this is not the reason why I don't moisturize.

Thank You for your help.

That a lot of ingredients ! I'll be sure to check for the right ones from now.

... I'm using tea tree face wash twice a day and I always pat my face dry and I'm very gentle when cleansing. Should I change my face wash, could me skin become ' use to ' the product hence why I get the odd few spots ? ( and some are like under the skin )

I think I will get the Dr Nick Lowe spot gel it seems to contain the ' right ' ingredients and has got good reviews...

Ingredients :

Salicylic Acid to effectively target blemish prone skin

Willow Bark, Tea Tree and Thyme for their anti-bacterial properties

Arnica to help soothe and reduce inflammation of blemished skin

Vitamins A, C and E

Dermatologically tested

Allergen free fragrance

Have you heard of ' Blemish complex' it's mainly in the US but it's very pricey.

Also, I use savlon and a tea tree stick for my spots, but would it be more beneficial to just use the spot gel and/or sudocrem instead of savlon ( but there almost the same, just the packet says it's used to tread different things )

I don't know what's in Savlon or Sudocrem as they're UK products but they have good reviews on this website.

I'd email the Nick Lowe company and ask for the other ingredients before you buy; they might be problematic. That is not a complete list of ingredients. There will be preservatives, perhaps a water base, maybe silicones, perhaps some other humectants (chemicals that draw moisture to them that help in 'hydrating' skin).

Ok, I will do that now !

Tea Tree wasn't listed on either of the links you gave me, but can there be any problems with tea tree at all ? Do you think moisturizing is essential... can it lead to more spots ?

Thank You

Some people benefit from moisturizing, some don't. If your skin feels tight when you get out of the shower or you have finished washing your face there are several possibilities: 1. you need to moisturize. 2. the water you wash with is too hot, try warm water and a cool water splash at the end, 3. the product you wash with is drying.

Tea tree oil is a good spot treatment but it can cause allergic reactions in some people. It would be best to dilute it (if it's full strength) with another product if you're going to apply it to the whole face so as to avoid allergic symptoms or irritation.

Here are some product reviews about tea tree oil.

Some people benefit from moisturizing, some don't. If your skin feels tight when you get out of the shower or you have finished washing your face there are several possibilities: 1. you need to moisturize. 2. the water you wash with is too hot, try warm water and a cool water splash at the end, 3. the product you wash with is drying.

Tea tree oil is a good spot treatment but it can cause allergic reactions in some people. It would be best to dilute it (if it's full strength) with another product if you're going to apply it to the whole face so as to avoid allergic symptoms or irritation.

Here are some product reviews about tea tree oil.

Okay, well the tea tree face wash I use has mainly good ingredients after looking on that website... it also has peppermint to help sooth skin.

It's only my cheek area that is dry, my chin and jaw are moist and this is where I got a few spots.

Another Product : It's a foam cleanser, I've never used foaming cleansers but heard mixed reviews about them.

Dr Nick Lowe Purifying Foaming Cleanser helps lift daily impurities. The gentle exfoliators in Dr Nick Lowes Purifying Foaming Cleanser slough away dead skin cells resulting in deeply cleansed, refreshed and brighter skin.

Dr Nick Lowe Purifying Foaming Cleansers additional features and benefits:

Salicylic Acid to effectively target blemish prone skin

Willow Bark for its anti-bacterial properties

Arnica to help soothe and reduce inflammation of blemished skin

Vitamins A, C and E

Dermatologically tested

Allergen free fragrance