Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

At this point, I'm going to say that I'm obsessed with skin and acne. Out of everyone I know, I'm the only one like this. Why? Because I suffered from acne and am still suffering the marks. Being made fun of when I had acne didn't make me feel any better either. All I do is look in the mirror, find the smallest/biggest blemish, pick it, make it worse, and wait days for it to go away and months for the mark to completely go away. I'm still trying to deal with this skin-picking stuff, it's so hard. I pretty much hate what acne has left me and look in the mirror more than everyone in my family combined. I touched my sisters forehead today and it was so smooth, then I touched mine and felt little bumps and I take even better care of my skin. I'm still doing different things to heal myself, but this just takes way too much time lol.

Can anyone else say their obsessed too?

Hi there

I am not obsessed with picking etc...as it tends to make it worse....although I do have OCD and I have obsessions about my physical appearance and with acne returning after YEARS of perfect skin it has got me down !!! I have just started roaccutane again (the miracle drug I had as a teenager so hopefully it will be the answer) keep your head up !

Anthony AKA Skillz

Hey, thanks for reply!

It's good to hear that you don't pick, that is one of the key points on a regimen for clear skin. It's very hard for me lol.. I have an obsession with acne returning as well. Right when they go away and you're waiting for blemishes to go, you break out. I hope roaccutane cures you again. : )

I understand what you mean. It can dominate your thoughts. I had a low self-esteem before acne, so it just pushed me closer to the edge. You can take it back by setting goals. Don't allow acne to stop you from making progress towards those goals.

Yes, I'm obsessed with my skin. Acne is not the only skin problem I have and it feels like life is being sucked out of me and everything just collapses around me. Everything in my life revolves or is affected by my skin. I_hate_this...

ha im exactly like that!

basically i am totally obsessed ... i mean OBSESSED

i check my reflection 30-40 times a day ... pick squeeze poke even jab at spots with a needle!

and i have comedones ... which dont go away!

i did differin for a long time but it only improved my skin mildly, and i tried dalacin T which i have to say was absolutely amazing for spots but not for oil or comedones.

anyway, im back to being obsessed ha. i stopped going on here for a while cause i thought i would finally be back to perfect skin, but that hasnt happened. plus, having support from so many other people going through the same feelings and emotions has really helped me to feel generally less depressed and slightly more optimistic :)

now i wanna try spiro .. but i dont know if can cause im still in teen years.

i can completely sympathise with your situation as it so much like mine! i have an older sister who has got lovely flawless complexion, not oily either, and i still have bumps everywhere and my skin is like an oil production factory!

sorry this is so long hehe

it really gets me down when i look in a mirror and when it catches the light ALL of the bumps, even tiny ones become visible! urghhh

im just trying to think positive ... there are so many more medications i havnt tried such as spiro and dare i say it accutane! ( though im scared of it haha )

dont give up hope! i know exactly what your going through! ive tried every possible way to get rid of the bumps ... but to no avail yet! but im not going to stop my quest for perfect skin until i get perfect skin!

yeah and again i apologise for it being so long hehe ... i tend to put gaps between my words out of habit!

Yeah i'm obsessed.

Perfectionism plays it's part too if i'm honest.

Now it's hot and sunny my oily face is twice as bad so needless to say twice the amount of freaking out , twice the fucking embarrassment and cue the innevitable checking my reflection in car windows twice as much aww man it's total shit.

Jeez i'm too old for this crap.

Oh yeah n paragraphing makes it soooo much easier to read ^^^^ thingamybobber.

Hi there

I am not obsessed with picking etc...as it tends to make it worse....although I do have OCD and I have obsessions about my physical appearance and with acne returning after YEARS of perfect skin it has got me down !!! I have just started roaccutane again (the miracle drug I had as a teenager so hopefully it will be the answer) keep your head up !

Anthony AKA Skillz

I know a guy named Anthony and his nickname is skillz................................. ??? Coincidence or are you the same guy I know?!!?!?

I'm pretty obsessed with skin. I observe other people's skin a lot, I also browse through pictures of celebrities and models with perfect skin, pin them up on my wall to make it my 'goal' to regain my clear skin and complexion that I once had. I keep trying different products to get my skin back to the way it was, but it's been a couple of years already and it's kind of making me depressed. I keep wanting to improve, but nothing works. I hate it. I can't even step outside to the deli without putting makeup on because i feel so self conscious whenever I walk by and people just look/stare at you. it makes me feel so uncomfortable. so I know exactly how you feel. I used to pick at acne myself, but I find that if i leave it alone, it will heal on its own much faster and it has. just keep telling yourself that it will go away, your body is just going through changes.

Who'd want to go to medical school to be a dermatologist anyway.

Ha, I thought about it too. Figured since I am so obsessed with skin, it would be a perfect fit.

It's almost 4 in the morning and I'm on an acne message board..lol I'm just a little bit obsessed.

I've had issues with my skin for the last 3 years or so and before that my skin was flawless. I am always looking in the mirror and criticizing myself and constantly picking at my skin or spending half of my paycheck every week on new "improved" makeup or acne products. For the first time in a long time I was finally almost acne free, until I spent a good 15 minutes examining my face and noticed a teeny tiny baby zit..shit it could have been the lighting, I really don't know. I don't know if it was the adderall or my ocd but I went to down on that thing for at least an hour trying to pop it. Realizing I was almost late to work I doused the whole area in toner, spot treatment and basically a whole tube of concealer. I got home from work and my nearly clear skin was horribly broken out and probably the most irritated its ever been. I panicked and instantly put a mint mask on which further dried and irritated it and followed that up with covering my whole face with my salicylic acid spot treatment.

Yeah..my skin just basically grew back. I really wish I could stop obsessing, it's done nothing but damage my skin even more.

Who'd want to go to medical school to be a dermatologist anyway.

Ha, I thought about it too. Figured since I am so obsessed with skin, it would be a perfect fit.

Lol...I'd had exactly the same thoughts. I just know that it's caused me so much grief & anxiety; I would love to help others who were going through the same thing.

im totally obsessed!

i spend hours on this webiste at work!! its so good to chat to people who understand!

im fed up with people who have perfect skin telling me its not that bad! or give me advice on what to do!

people with clear skin have no idea what we go through!

i hate going out by myself. i feel the whole world is looking! i hate working as im a receptionist and i feel all the clients are lookin at my bad face!

i want to do air hostessing and go travelling but feel i cant at the mo!

i work then sometimes go gym but normally i go home and look in the mirror obsessing about the state of my skin!

im also obsessed with picking! bad i know but i cant help it!!

definitely obsessed with my skin. my skin has cleared up ALOT from how it was a year ago, so anytime i feel new pimples coming up on my cheeks (which is where they were before) i freak out and get so scared that my skin is going to go back to how it was. im always looking for a better regime to go on and ALWAYS look in mirriors.. im pretty much obsessed with my face.. people probably think im conceited but this is what acne does to you ugh

sometimes i wont leave my house because of pimples and my friends are like, its just a pimple come out, but THEY DONT UNDERSTAND the stress of going out in public when your face is really bad because they all have clear skin :S

Humiliated as I am to admit this, even though none of you know me, I am obsessed with my skin. Acne hit me right before turning 20, almost 2 years ago and it hit hard. My face is so bad now that I never ever leave the house. Only to go to work or the derm and sometimes I go visit g-ma. It is a horrible life to live. Before acne, I was one of the most confident bubbly people out there. Very rarely did I stay home, and miss a weekend out? Never! Acne has really truly ruined my life, I just can't get past it. My friends no longer even try with me, I moved an hour away(before acne) and (after acne) stopped answering their calls for fear they'd want to do something and see how horrible I look now. My whole personality is just gone. I am so depressed because of the wreck that is my face. If anyone else has felt this way and overcame it please tell me how. This has been going on since last Sept and I can't stand being alone much longer. All I ever do is sit in the house and it's driving me nuts but I can't force myself to get out there and just do something. I try to but that last look in the mirror is like a punch in the stomach....Please dont tell me how stupid this is, I know. Just help me get past it please!

Not so much now since i'm *knock on wood* almost clear. I do obsess about my skin's unevenness sometimes. If my face is well moisturized I can't see it so much but I get really close and look at the random light patches on my skin. I used to have alright skin in high school just used pupose soap and I was good. After I was deployed it got tore up, I have had to fight with acne scars and acne forever I am just now really getting down to the nitty gritty of things that work well. Honestly I was really bad after my deployment I had cysts that were border line boils all over my face and oddly I just kept going on like it was nothing, I really just didn't look in the mirror either. After I got back home and everyone just looked so horrified I began to feel somewhat bad and they referred to me to a place called skin therapy. I got so much microdermabrasions and chemical peels done i was red for weeks. *and I'm dark skinned* I realized after all of this crap when I stopped caring so much the acne and scarring really went away. I stopped looking in the mirror at every little flaw and just washed my face and went about my business. Its not easy but you would be better off using a dimmed lighting when you look in the mirror to not see your flaws and stare at them. That last look you see before you go out from my experience really affects your mood the most. If you don't see anything you don't have anything to worry over. I know I'm pretty much telling you to lie or trick yourself but your mind may be lieing /tricking you and making you be more critical than you need or should be.

i just posted something very similar to this. If i would have known a thread out their that was simiilar to mine i probably would have just responded here. LOL sorry about that. Yeha I am definatley obsessed. I probably think about my skin more than anything day to day.

yeah, i am my own worst critic. I feel like i have the worst skin in the world and have felt that way for years. My skin has never improved it feels like. I check my reflection on the 1st floor at school and do it on every floor (3 floors). Thats 3 times in about 5minutes! Sometimes i wonder how much longer i can deal with this feeling of hopelessness. I just joined a gym the other day with a sauna and have been using it twice a day. I might also get laser resurfacing done. If these two things dont work for me. idk anymore......