Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne and acne scars ruined my life. I dont understand why this had to happen to me. Like what the hell did I ever do wrong? I didn't do anything to deserve this. My life used to be good I was really funny, I had good looks, had girls, and I was happy most the time. Now everything has changed. Freshman year of highschool I had a huge breakout. I had ALOT of small pimples all over my face. I dont have as much acne now as I used to but I still have some. Anyways its been 3 years since I first started getting acne and now i have alot of permanent acne scars(ice pick and two other acne scars that i dont even know what kind they are). It has ruined my life. I now longer look good, i dont have many friends, no more girlfriends since scars showed up, and im not funny anymore. All I do now is wake up go to school then go home either sleep or get on the computer then i sleep at nite and I wake up and do the same thing the next day. It's all I ever do now even on the weekends. I'm so lonely and bored. I hate going to school or anywhere because I don't like people to see my face especially in bright lights. I hate the looks I get from some people and how they always tellin me I'm ugly. I already know I'm ugly why do they have to say it. People say looks don't matter it's all about what's inside but I know that isn't true. I just want to die. I just want it to end right now. I'm tired of being lonely. I'm tired of being bored and I'm tired of people calling me ugly and giving me weird looks. It's not fair I've always been a good person never one of those jerk guys and this is what i get. I'm only 16 and my life is already over. It's just getting worse and worse. All i want in life is a wife and kids, my own family, I wanted to have one of those nice pictures you take at the mall with your family and put in frames but now that will never happen. Since i dont wanna commit suicide I think I'm gonna go to the army when I turn 18 so i have more chance of dieing.

I dont want anyone to feel bad for me I just wanted to let my feelings out....

You're definitely not alone. No acne is caused my any kind of karma, so don't feel bad for something you cant control.

Think about this, there are people who have delt with this for 10+ years, and only recently found this website. They probably had it alot worse then you did. I would say my situation is about the same, as my acne started at a different time. I learned to not let it affect me too much.

When people say its all on the inside...I agree that it's not entirely true, but its partially true. Life is what you make of it, and if you don't make much of it, it will treat you pretty similar.

Has the regimen been showing any progress? Are you fairly new to it, or been going on for a while?

You're definitely not alone. No acne is caused my any kind of karma, so don't feel bad for something you cant control.

Think about this, there are people who have delt with this for 10+ years, and only recently found this website. They probably had it alot worse then you did. I would say my situation is about the same, as my acne started at a different time. I learned to not let it affect me too much.

When people say its all on the inside...I agree that it's not entirely true, but its partially true. Life is what you make of it, and if you don't make much of it, it will treat you pretty similar.

Has the regimen been showing any progress? Are you fairly new to it, or been going on for a while?

Thanks for the reply Protocol. I was on it for 2 months and I was almost clear but then I stopped on Spring Break and had a huge breakout all over my face so now I'm starting over again. So I'm hoping I'll get the same results as i did before I stopped. If only I found this website when I first started to get acne...

well you're still better off then most. results are slow, but basicly permanent, as long as u keep up every single day. id rather spend 45 total minutes each day on this then deal with it 24/7.

You're still young, and have the rest of your life, so don't feel so down about it. I work in a video/game rental store, so my face is out all the time, and it just stopped bugging me, and ive never once been commented about it in the public, and its almost been a year.

When it gets better, and you're clear, don't assume its time to stop the regimen. when you're clear, it means what you're doing is right, and you shouldnt change it. hope isnt far off, as long as the regimen works for you (and it seems like it was)

well you're still better off then most. results are slow, but basicly permanent, as long as u keep up every single day. id rather spend 45 total minutes each day on this then deal with it 24/7.

You're still young, and have the rest of your life, so don't feel so down about it. I work in a video/game rental store, so my face is out all the time, and it just stopped bugging me, and ive never once been commented about it in the public, and its almost been a year.

When it gets better, and you're clear, don't assume its time to stop the regimen. when you're clear, it means what you're doing is right, and you shouldnt change it. hope isnt far off, as long as the regimen works for you (and it seems like it was)

Thanks but it's not the acne that bothers me it's these permanent acne scars I have. When I just had acne girls would still randomly come up to me telling me I was cute or sexy, but now that I have scars that's all over. Are you also on the regimen?

yes i am on the regimen. i havent been for long, but when i figured out the right pace...it feels great now. and don't let the scar's bug you too much. personally i like the ones i have. Im 19 atm, and I look 17 or 16 (no growth problem, it just seems that way >.>) Id look way younger without them.

Maybe the reason you don't have many friends/girlfriends is because of your attitude. Life is not over at 16. You're too young to be saying that.

Looks matter to an extent, but there are women who are interested in other attributes like personality, the way you think, etc. If you're being called ugly, so what? Are the other people calling you ugly super models? You can't allow the world to decide whether or not you belong. Everyone has an equal opportunity to achieve what they want. You're 16 right now, so get started. Start getting serious about education. Open up some books, learn how to cook, draw. Go for early morning jogs, lift weights, and play sports. Start building your foundation to become a well-rounder person.

There will be someone who looks past the scars. There always is.

yes i am on the regimen. i havent been for long, but when i figured out the right pace...it feels great now. and don't let the scar's bug you too much. personally i like the ones i have. Im 19 atm, and I look 17 or 16 (no growth problem, it just seems that way >.>) Id look way younger without them.

yah i would look younger with out scars too. some little kid thought i was in my twentys lol.

Maybe the reason you don't have many friends/girlfriends is because of your attitude. Life is not over at 16. You're too young to be saying that.

Looks matter to an extent, but there are women who are interested in other attributes like personality, the way you think, etc. If you're being called ugly, so what? Are the other people calling you ugly super models? You can't allow the world to decide whether or not you belong. Everyone has an equal opportunity to achieve what they want. You're 16 right now, so get started. Start getting serious about education. Open up some books, learn how to cook, draw. Go for early morning jogs, lift weights, and play sports. Start building your foundation to become a well-rounder person.

There will be someone who looks past the scars. There always is.

thanks for the reply MORTALS1NN3R, I hope you rite that there will be someone who will look past the scars. I guess I just have to accept the fact that im ugly its just hard for me because I used to look good.

Keep everything in perspective, my friend.

At the age of 17, my hairline is severely receding, I have notable acne scars, continue to battle with acne itself, am forced to shave my unibrow every other day, and am genetically prone to becoming overweight should I slightly exceed 1600-1700 calories per day even though I stand nearly six feet tall.

Furthermore, my father's entire family is diabetic and morbidly obese which certainly bodes well for my future.

The only thing that I can actually control is my weight, and I am currently quite fit. Other than that, I don't have much of any say over my unattractive bodily features.

:boohoo:

Keep on keeping on with hope that you'll someday "get better," after all, what choice do you have?

Acne and acne scars ruined my life. I dont understand why this had to happen to me. Like what the hell did I ever do wrong? I didn't do anything to deserve this. My life used to be good I was really funny, I had good looks, had girls, and I was happy most the time. Now everything has changed. Freshman year of highschool I had a huge breakout. I had ALOT of small pimples all over my face. I dont have as much acne now as I used to but I still have some. Anyways its been 3 years since I first started getting acne and now i have alot of permanent acne scars(ice pick and two other acne scars that i dont even know what kind they are). It has ruined my life. I now longer look good, i dont have many friends, no more girlfriends since scars showed up, and im not funny anymore. All I do now is wake up go to school then go home either sleep or get on the computer then i sleep at nite and I wake up and do the same thing the next day. It's all I ever do now even on the weekends. I'm so lonely and bored. I hate going to school or anywhere because I don't like people to see my face especially in bright lights. I hate the looks I get from some people and how they always tellin me I'm ugly. I already know I'm ugly why do they have to say it. People say looks don't matter it's all about what's inside but I know that isn't true. I just want to die. I just want it to end right now. I'm tired of being lonely. I'm tired of being bored and I'm tired of people calling me ugly and giving me weird looks. It's not fair I've always been a good person never one of those jerk guys and this is what i get. I'm only 16 and my life is already over. It's just getting worse and worse. All i want in life is a wife and kids, my own family, I wanted to have one of those nice pictures you take at the mall with your family and put in frames but now that will never happen. Since i dont wanna commit suicide I think I'm gonna go to the army when I turn 18 so i have more chance of dieing.

I understand you dude. You know what, at my position, I'm a very positive person, I make A LOT of people laugh especially in the classroom, I've got a lot of friends, I'm close to God. But there's one thing, ACNE! Well most of my acne is gone since I started out the regimen 4 months ago, all I got is these damn redmarks, but still, I'm still that person who is positive, funny etc. Ive been suffering this acne since I was 11 or 12 but now I'm 15. Acne made my life a worse, like you I would be good with girls if I didn't have acne, I would have been a lot funnier and had a lot more friends and almost all the aspects in my life is would be better without acne

But if there's are things that ACNE has taught me, it was to be humble, be persevering, determined and NEVER GIVE UP.

If I had not got acne, I would be one of those people who would be calling you ugly. But now that I've experienced acne, it made me feel how others feel about acne. It taught me how to be humble.

Acne also helped me to choose my real friends. My friends accepted me not because of acne but because of my attitude. And that will never change, never mind those people who like you because of your looks, mind those people who like you because of who you are

Secondly, acne taught me NOT TO GIVE UP. When I first started the regimen, MY FACE WAS BURNING HOT!!! But I believed in those people here in the regimen that not to give up, I believed in myself and in GOD. I really wanted to quit the regimen, but if I quit the regimen, how much more in life? So I made my decision not to give up. So after weeks and weeks of regimen, researching, perseverance, I finally achieved my goal to reduce my acne significantly. My only problem now is my damn redmarks.

My advice to you dude is NOT TO GIVE UP. Don't be tempted. Just DON'T GIVE UP

ance shattered my life,ive been 28yr old,hardly am i able to recall anything happy in my life,sorry,i dont mean to be so negative but my parents just said to me that my acne scars are so severe and ugly.Nobody know how hurt when i hear the words from ppl like that,nobody know how hurt when i look myself in the mirror and i want to die every day.Sometimes i just wonder why this is so unfair to me,maybe i did a lot bad things in my previous life!

Hi, I'm also someone who has been called ugly, hideous, disgusting, etc. by lots of people for years and I don't even have acne scarring. It's kinda like waking up from a dream and realizing that this is reality, this is the true nature of humanity. It is no use to ask why. Things just are the way they are and you have to make the best of it. Sometimes if feels like you are in war with the whole world when almost everyone says something bad about you, but really if that is the case then I will bloody hell fight for my right to live the way I want to and not give a fuck about what anyone thinks of me.

Best of luck and strength to deal with this and I hope everyone will one day feel good about themselves again and overall good about life!

I've asked myself the same question many, many times over the years. Why do I suffer this?

It seems unbelievable at times. That this is actually happening to me. That my life is ruined.

thanks for all the replies everybody. yah it sucks when you wake up in the morning and you look in the mirror and your automatically in a bad mood. Sometimes when I wake up I forgot that I have acne or acne scars. I feel great until I look in the mirror. Im not going to give up my face is geting better with the regimen even the scars are looking better for some reason but I guess the only thing I can do is make the best of my situation like UFOrescue said.

i know how u feel 2, ive got acne scars, and i get confronted with it every day, and everyday i think why me? why not osama bin laden or something u know :P

but scars will begin to look better over time dude, and there are enough products to try and speed up the progress..

but you will have to accept the fact that your skin will never look super good again, somehow u always keep seeing the scars a bit..

just live!

i know how u feel 2, ive got acne scars, and i get confronted with it every day, and everyday i think why me? why not osama bin laden or something u know :P

but scars will begin to look better over time dude, and there are enough products to try and speed up the progress..

but you will have to accept the fact that your skin will never look super good again, somehow u always keep seeing the scars a bit..

just live!

lol bout the osama yah i guess ur rite i have to accept my looks and live my life.

that reminds me of that song live your life by t.i. and rihanna

"ance shattered my life,ive been 28yr old,hardly am i able to recall anything happy in my life,sorry,i dont mean to be so negative but my parents just said to me that my acne scars are so severe and ugly.Nobody know how hurt when i hear the words from ppl like that,nobody know how hurt when i look myself in the mirror and i want to die every day.Sometimes i just wonder why this is so unfair to me,maybe i did a lot bad things in my previous life! "

thats messed up that your parents said that to you. my mom just lies to me and says that its not as bad as i make it to be but i know she just lying. im the same way bro i also feel like acne shattered my life ,everday i get depressed about my face and want to die when i look in the mirror. i have a perfect skin color and everyone always tells me that but f*c**g acne scars ruined that. in my opinion scars are worse than the acne. they look worse(sometimes, in my case YES) and they are there forever. if i had acne with no scars i wouldnt have emotional problems and i would be able to talk to girls no problemo. I just cant stop thinking about my scars. im depressed ALL day and im always thinkin about my face. it sucks. i think im gonna try to go to a therapist or something cuz i think i have a mental problem from this now. I dont go anywhere anymore i isolate myself from many things, skip school, cant sleep, even when i had a girlfriend i wouldnt really flirt with her and i didnt act like her boyfriend cuz of the scars so obviously she dumped me(i dont blame her), i literally havent even been to walmart in like a year cuz theres so many people there and i used to go all the time with my mom. i wanna tell my mom about my depression but then her and the rest of our family will just think im another screw up. well anyways sorry that your parents said that to you Jacky Cheung and i hope your life gets better.

CJ 23... Its whats basically happening to me! and I dont know what to do!!!!!!

I was one of the most popular guys at my school... Now I have lost my popularity, plus Im all shy and I dont wanna go out anymore....

I still dont have acne scars but Im afraid of getting them so my new dermatologist said... to go on Accutane... I guess its my last resort since I have tried EVERYTHING.... The only cons is that Im one month away from graduation and I dont want my acne to look worse!

So lets see what happens...

Dont worry your not alone and Im not alone neither...We both have lost our popularity just because of this stupid ACNE...

you and me both man. i always had a good diet, worked out all the time etc. and i still got severe acne. i didnt deserve it either, but thinking about how i am unlucky in this world doesnt make it go away.

life sucks for me too man, i never do anything. when i was your age, i didnt have any scars, just severe acne and my life sucked. i always hated it, but at least then i thought to myself that i would clear up and go to college and start my life over. well that didnt happen, my acne continued and now at age 24 i have horrible scarring that looks as bad if not worse as the acne ever did.

when i was your age, i atleast had hope that the acne would go away, now there is no hope for people like us.

i cant count how many times i have thought about no longer dealing with this life bc of my acne and the regrets that it has caused in my life. basically i just keep moving slowly through life and just do what i can. i know now that i will never be happy in this life no matter what. Even if they came out with somethng that eliminate acne scars, i would still be depressed bc i would always remember that i lost the best years of my life to this.

i look forward to new cds coming out and remember that i love my parents and simply cant bring myself to do that.

good luck. even if you are miserable like me just try to remember that some things make you happy in this world and realize that you will never have those things if you leave this place

newman,

thanks for the post just keep your head up bro you said you dont have any scars so you still have hope. i dont know how severe your acne is but when i had acne and no scars i was still a happy person and still managed to get with girls and still make friends. be happy for what you have. as bad as acne may make you feel scars will will make you feel 10x worse. its hard to be confident when you have acne and i know how it feels but you cant let it get in the way of your life. I wish you luck on your graduation and your accutane journey and hope that you will get clear.

bob83,

thanks for the post. yah some people say that acne made them humble but i was already humble. i never made fun of people for how they looked. man i miss the days when i just had acne. i would give anything to back to that time but unfortunately thats not possible. i hate it now when guys tell me that i have "no game" with women. i get pissed but i know that if they were goin through wat i go through they would be the exact same way. I also hate it when people say i have no life. i hate when they say it because i know its true i just dont want to admit it. ive seen alot of reviews on acne scarring treatments and all of them say there was not much improvement. i believe i have reached my peak in life and its downhill from now. good luck to you too bob83

We all have our breakdowns and I think a lot of us have even started a thread about how we've felt at one time. But don't you feel a bit better after posting this now, two weeks later? I mean think about it.. time makes everything get a bit easier and better :)

well gt stang my camera phone doesnt show the acne scars but i will try to borrow a camera to take the pics.

I know it has only been a week, but how are things going? Do you feel better? Breakdowns are common, but releasing those feelings in a rant is the best thing. Try to find those things that do make you happy.