Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happyendings

Does anybody know if its alright to do a body cleanse while on accutane?

So I'm on accutane and I just took my ninth pill today. The thing is that I really want to do a cleanse. I haven't cleansed for a while and I feel that with accutane, I'd really like to get off to a "fresh start", if you will. The cleanse that I usually do is the master cleanse and it really works for me, it makes me feel like and healthy. If you want to know a bit more about the master cleanse, it is pretty much a liquid diet where you drink a mixture of lemon juice, organic maple syrup, cayenne pepper and water. It also involves doing a salt water cleanse every morning (ick) and some use of laxatives. Anyhow, please let me know if you know of any adverse effects or such that I could face if I do decide to do a cleanse while on accutane. Thanks!

The isotretinoin is lipophilic and needs fat in order to dissolve and be absorbed into the body. Since that you wouldn't be consuming any fat (just carbohydrates) on the cleanse, the pills would be doing nothing for you. Don't do it if you want the medication to work.

Oh, alright, thanks a lot. Thats kind of disappointing but I guess that I'll just have to wait until I'm off of accutane to do my cleanse! That will be a good idea either way, it'll be nice to get some of those toxins out of my body.