Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinjaTurtle

Are you completely not using topicals?

Hey guys,

Just wondering, are you completely fighting it on the inside or using anything else?

Like clay masks, aspirin masks, any kinds of gentle cleansers, exfoliate, etc?

Thanks.

I'm using something else. It's turmeric juice that I put on problem areas as well as red marks. Though I only do this whenever I feel like to. ;)

At the mo I am just taking all my vitamins and using ACV internally and externally. Works great so far.

I am also going to use huge amounts of B5 (pantothenic acid) to stop acne, said to work really well, if you use it though, use around 5-10GMS a day, and make sure u take a good B-Complex to avoid hair loss etc.

i use neosporin to spot treat whenever something bad comes up, but other than that, nothing, hardly even water!

I use BHA a few times a week. I have 30 years of clogged pores to try to shrink. And it's also good for keratosis pilares. Misspelled I know. It took me forever just to remember the name of it.

nothing. I do not even wash my face in the morning. I just make sure in the mirror that there is no gunk in my eyes. At night I just let some water hit my face while I shampoo my hair in the shower.

Once you recognize that acne is not caused by dirt--period-- you'll begin to understand why even the homeless don't get acne and you will ditch most, if not all, your topicals. The best thing I ever did for my face was throw away all my topicals and stop washing my face months ago. All I got to do is avoid the temptation to supplement fish oil (ha!) and avoid high processed wheat products. I'm not saying topicals won't help, but I'd rather avoid the risk of topical irritation than obtain whatever benefits topicals may bestow.

I don't use any acne topicals- for the most part. I will use a spot of Persa-Gel if needed but haven't needed to for a while now.

I just use a mild cleanser, BHA/AHA Pads and Moisturizer.

I use BHA a few times a week. I have 30 years of clogged pores to try to shrink. And it's also good for keratosis pilares. Misspelled I know. It took me forever just to remember the name of it.

what is BHA?

All I use is Tea Tree Soap and Apple Cider Vinegar toner. Love it way more than any topicals I've ever used (and with over 10 years of suffering from acne, believe me, i have tried it all).

what is BHA?

Beta hydroxy acid. AKA Salicylic Acid. Exfoliant. As opposed to Alpha Hydroxy acids of which there are many. BHA works inside of pores.

I use Life Brand makeup removing wipes doused in Klorane blue cornflower remover (ahhmazing).

The only acne I get nowadays are small whiteheads if I've eaten too much sugar/refined carbs/cream. What I do when that happens is put a small droplet of Dessert Essence organic jojoba oil on my fingers and touch the spot a little. You don't have to rub much because the oil seems to naturally disperse itself over time and it heals the spot much quicker. I find with this combo my skin never gets dry/flakey and if I stay away from excess carbs my skin doesn't get too oily either. I wear mascara and lipgloss for special occasions/bar hopping. Less is way more!

I had been using just a cleanser and moisturizer for many months. I finally got so fed up, I went back to my derm and got a couple of topicals