Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan10

finally starting my regimen tonight!!!!!

well i went to the drugstore. I got purpose gentle cleansing wash, NOTS, and neutrogena combination skin moisturizer

how is this regimen to start off?

1.in shower. clean everything including hair and then at end apply 1-2 pumps of purpose wash to face, rub for 10-15 seconds, wash off.

2.get out of shower, towel off, sit around for a few minutes

3.wash hands, dry

4.apply a finger full of NOTS, rub in for a couple minutes

5.computer/ get dressed for 5-10 minutes

6.wash hands

7.apply one pump of moisturizer

this will be my journey thread of the regimen

if NOTS is bp, be careful. Since you're just starting out, don't overdo it. If you do, the worst that will happen is excessive drying and redness. If this happens, you know what you did wrong.\

Also, rub for less then 10 seconds. It avoids irritation. Also, be very gentle, as with any step.

Other then that, best of luck.

P.S. don't give up completely if it doesnt work right off. The process does vary a little between people, and the slightest variance over a few days time can really mess things up. As with most things, this is a trial and error system. You need to find what's best for you in terms of how much bp, and how fast you should add more to your regimen.

Good luck!

day1: april 1st 2009.

just applied cleanser, and NOTS. i could deffinetly feel the difference of the amount of BP, so I know I used a good amount. Its kinda hard to rub in, because I still have white residue on my chin, but my forehead has no residue. maybe i have to run in longer on my next use. I will wait another 5 minutes before my moisturizer

just added 1 pump of moisturizer. went on nicely, took time to rub in but got rubbed in a lot easier than the NOTS. took care of all the white residue from the NOTS

if NOTS is bp, be careful. Since you're just starting out, don't overdo it. If you do, the worst that will happen is excessive drying and redness. If this happens, you know what you did wrong.\

Also, rub for less then 10 seconds. It avoids irritation. Also, be very gentle, as with any step.

Other then that, best of luck.

P.S. don't give up completely if it doesnt work right off. The process does vary a little between people, and the slightest variance over a few days time can really mess things up. As with most things, this is a trial and error system. You need to find what's best for you in terms of how much bp, and how fast you should add more to your regimen.

Good luck!

NOTS is neutrogena on the spot so it has BP. thanks for the reply.

day 2: april 2, 2009

Just woke from first application last night. no improvement, but no increase in drying, redness, and acne.

just applied my regimen and the NOTS rubbed in a lot better and there is less white residue then the first night. gonna apply my moisturizer in 5 minutes

make sure theres NEVER any leftover residue when you're done applying. and the redness and drying is a sign you applied too much bp, like i said before you began ;).

make sure theres NEVER any leftover residue when you're done applying. and the redness and drying is a sign you applied too much bp, like i said before you began ;).

idk if its residue, because its just kinda flakey. but I said NO increase in redness so that was good.

my friend asked if I put make up on, because he said I looked clearer, but he said the red dots are still there

Be careful, ryan10. You're supposed to start out with half a finger's worth of NOTS. If you try to use too much, too soon it'll dry you out and irritate your face. It might not seem like it for the first few days, but it'll catch up with you.

The picture on the bottom shows how much you're supposed to start with: http://www.acne.org/finger.html

Be careful, ryan10. You're supposed to start out with half a finger's worth of NOTS. If you try to use too much, too soon it'll dry you out and irritate your face. It might not seem like it for the first few days, but it'll catch up with you.

The picture on the bottom shows how much you're supposed to start with: http://www.acne.org/finger.html

oh ok. thanks. is it okay to go from the full finger the last 2 days to only half a finger for the next couple days?

It'll be fine, and your face will thank you for it.

thanks, Iused the smaller amount last night and this morning. It got rubbed in easier obviously. when should I up the dosage to one full finger?

is it also normal to feel the BP on your skin after you rub it in, and then 5 minutes later you dont feel it as much as when you first apply it?

I am on day 3, and nothing bad has happend

Move up to a full finger in a week or so. Then a finger and a half a week or so after that, and then the full two fingers a week or so after that.

And yeah, that feeling is normal. That's just kind of how the BP feels as it continues to dry. No worries.

Move up to a full finger in a week or so. Then a finger and a half a week or so after that, and then the full two fingers a week or so after that.

And yeah, that feeling is normal. That's just kind of how the BP feels as it continues to dry. No worries.

thanks. and wow 2 full fingers?! doing the one finger for the first 2 days was hard to rub in. 2 fingers will take forever lol.

and a note to readers, I only apply the BP on my chin, under nose, and forehead.

If you're not doing your whole face, you could probably just stay at one finger. I just assumed you were using it over your entire face. My bad.

ha no problem.

GOOD LUCK!!! I used NOTS at first, then bought some ACNE.ORG bp, and like it a lot better. Like I said, be persistent, patient, and I hope you get clear!! :dance:

thanks! did the nots work well while you were on it?

today is day 4. I woke up and my chin looks better than when I first started! I even notice less redness. theres also no drying. Im still on half a finger though.

I applied this morning and everything is A-OK!

today is day 5. my chin is a little redder than yesterday and I can feel a zit coming from the bottom of my chin. Must be a stage of the regimen im going through.

just applied my cleanser and NOTS. after waiting 10 minutes I went to the bathroom and the NOTS made my chin very dry, a lot drier than the first few days. The moisturizer took care of it, but should I be concerned?

Ryan, good job. Continue to stick with the regimen. NOTS will certainly work, but I think Dan's BP just absorbs better, as it was specifically made for the regimen. That's why myself and other users think it's better. But NOTS is fine for you to use, it will work.

Also, I want to encourage you to stay with the regimen. My skin gradually cleared up, but I occasionally still got a break out. I was finally TOTALLY clear after 4 months. It took a little longer than I thought, but it worked brilliantly and was absolutely worth it. For most people it doesn't take as long as it did for me, but it is a process and you need to stay with it. It WILL clear you up though, you just have to follow it exactly and be patient. Give it 4 months. You will be so thankful that you did later on.

Good luck and keep it up.

Ryan, good job. Continue to stick with the regimen. NOTS will certainly work, but I think Dan's BP just absorbs better, as it was specifically made for the regimen. That's why myself and other users think it's better. But NOTS is fine for you to use, it will work.

Also, I want to encourage you to stay with the regimen. My skin gradually cleared up, but I occasionally still got a break out. I was finally TOTALLY clear after 4 months. It took a little longer than I thought, but it worked brilliantly and was absolutely worth it. For most people it doesn't take as long as it did for me, but it is a process and you need to stay with it. It WILL clear you up though, you just have to follow it exactly and be patient. Give it 4 months. You will be so thankful that you did later on.

Good luck and keep it up.

thanks for the encouraging post! should I add AHA+ to my regimen in a couple weeks? or just stick with the original regimen?

day 6: I woke up and I have 3 more whiteheads then when I first started. I guess this is my purging stage, but it still isnt that bad.

I applied everything this morning the same way, but the last couple days theres some flakes that dont go away with the moisturizer.

well for the first couple days I started with one full fingers worth, then realized I was suppost to start with half a finger. I was rubbing in the BP with one hand but dans video he uses 2 hands. I tried 2 hands tonight and it rubbed in SO MUCH EASIER.

I think i will consider tomorrow morning my first day. continue using half a finger of NOTS BP, and rub in with 2 fingers.

is it okay to do this? or is it fine to just keep the day count going from 7 just switch to using 2 hands, not one. like this is my 5th out of 7 days using the half a finger so maybe I should keep the day count going and switch to one full finger on day 9 because that would be one week of half a finger.