Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dalsor

My Personal Accutane Journal with Pictures. V2!

Well,a 4 month 14 day update. Doing ok, my face is mostly clear of active acne...except for this monster of 2 whiteheads on the left side of my face. Also some on the skin by the ears. Bleh. But yeah...the only thing marring this wonderful experience is the GOD DARN redmakrs from hell. Lips have been doing a lot better, i'm using burts beeswax lipbalm...and blistex lips ointment(love it). Hrm, will add more later. Here's the pics wink.gif

---------

user posted image

I wish lighting was always like this. Gosh. Also, some guys can pull of the pink...I can't. I returned this today. Anyone who can read the shirt gets a pat on the back wink.gif

---------

user posted image

Here's the standard front pic. Bleh

--------

user posted image

I'm weird yeah.

----

user posted image

Right side.

----

user posted image

Left side.

-Matt

Damn thats an awesome improvement man!!!!

You give me heaps of hope. Im starting the Tane 2nite so I might go and get some of the Blistex lip ointment.

Did you use any mouisturisers on your face or anywhere else cause I am not to sure which one to get?

Awesome progress dude! Your skin is looking real good man, congrats!

I've been meaning to ask you...what have your dosages been on accutane?

Well, I've just found out this web lastnight, so great :ph34r: .

I drank the medicines to avoid to be pregnant 2 months before, my face began to have a lot of acnes. Sometimes it's like the first pic of u, too bad. I used to use Cetaphil to clean, and Hi.Teen Gel to apply but it did not really work... I don't wana go anywhere in this summer, don't wana meet anyone. I think they look at my acnes only. I'm not self_confident enough to meet my bf , too :'(

Ok...well another update. I'm on my fifth month...one month after this and i'm done. Well...actually i'm about 2 days into my fifth month...but oh well wink.gif So...I had to visit my derm about 4 days early because I was going on vacation to San Luis Obispo in northern california(So much colder than souther california...about 115 here while it is about 68 there.) Anyways, so yeah...my mom took my blood...gave my doctor results and everything...one thing i've noticed is that my doctor just glances at my face, gives me a smile, and asks me if i've had any side effects...then gives me the prescription...I dunno...I guess that's all he has to do...but I just feel a little gipped...but it may be just me. Anyways, month four has been pretty good...almost no new acne...except for this one damn spot behind my ear...weird as hell...i know. And...this one god damn persistant spot on the left side of my face wont go away...I dunno what to do...I will post a picture and ask for suggestions. Not really any side effects, other than the chapped lips from hell...but...yes there's a but...but i'll get to that a little later. So...I got my prescription and we headed off to san luis obispo. It took us 6 hours but...it was a pretty road. So yeah. Because of the major climate change...I noticed that my face became reallllly damn dry. Not to mention...I ran out of lotion...and forgot my other kind at home. Damnit. I think what alos contributed to my dry skin...was the aloe vera...yeah, it's supposed to be a moisturizer and heal scars and red marks...but using it in conjuction with accutane, it's just too powerful to be used...since the accutane already dries up sebum production...aloe vera just makes it worse. If you do use it...use it sparingly...and about 2-3 times a week. I'm talking flaky flaky cheeks. It sucks. Also...the day before we left I went out and bought the neutrogina ultra dry spf 45 sunblock because of the really good reviews on makeup alley...I liked it a lot...and it didn't break me out. So yeah, I recommend it. So yeah...the first night we were there...I was eating some cheese nips...and go to itch my arm...and it's covered in little red bumps...like hives but smaller. I pay no heed..and just put it off as one of those accutane rashes...the small ones that go away after much moisture. So...I go to sleep and wake up the next morning...and my arms are covered in little red bumps......the next day I wake up...my legs are covered. They aren't really noticable but...they itch like hell....My mom told me it was an allergic reaction to something...so I was kinda freaked out that it might be the accutane, but how can I become allergic to something i've been on for 5 months...hopefully now that i'm home, it will go away...because i've never had it before. Also, because of the cold weather I started getting accutane rashes(the ones I usually get) but...a lot bigger and covering my elbows and parts of my arm...these are pretty noticable...but I think they are just dry skin patches/rashes. So yeah, if I can attribute these rashes and stuff to the accutane...this has to be my worst week on it...my whole body itching...plus my skin all dry. Bleh. ALSO, word to the wise...before I was on accutane...I didn't really sunburn at all...ever. I'm pretty tan naturally...and it's hard for me to burn...but as you know, accutane makes your skin much more sensitive to the sun. I thought, ok...so I bought the sunscreen(as mentioned above) and the first day at the beach..(i didn't feel like swimming since the water was about 45 degrees) I kept my shirt on, and applied globs on my face and arms...and legs. It was ok...we only stayed for about 3 hours...so I just got a little tan. The second day...it was a bit warmer so I got my trunks on and took off my shirt. I applied my sunscreen...and we stayed there a lot longer aboyt 6 hours. Oh my god. I got to the hotel...I guess I missed some spots on my body. Now...I have a really tan body...with hot red welts in random places. I have this huge red blob around the small of my back, a huge red line at wear the trunks met my stomach..and various other places...my skin is burning and itching like crazy...it's pure hell.(My face turned out ok..since i reapllied there) But...you know that spot beneath your kneecap where your knee folds...yeah, that's burned to hell...then I even got my damn feet burned. Ouch. SO...do not underestimate the need for sunscreen. REAPPLY, and make sure you DISTRIBUTE it all over. Hrm...well that's about it for now...oh...one other thing...my hair grew out again...my parents made me get a haircut two days into out vacation...now I feel like i'm in the army...bleh...i miss my hair. So yeah...expect an update next month wink.gif

Pictures follow-

--------------

user posted image

My long hair...about 1 day into the trip...about 4 months 29 days.

-

user posted image

Me with my haircut...bleh. About 5 months and 4 days.

----

user posted image

Another picture...same day I think...but closer.

----

user posted image

That god damn spot I mentioned in my post. What the freak do I do? It's been there for a lonnng time.

-----

user posted image

Hrm...random picture. I took this from my room at the resort...I really like it for some reason.

-----

Anyways, always keep your head up...and be happy!

-Matt

Ps: Also, i'd like to thank all the people that have posted and responded to my journal, it's really a great feeling to know that people actually read what you have to say, and what you are going through. You guys are what make me continue on with this journal...thanks guys. wink.gif

First up man I just want to say WOW. Your skin looks awesome.

I want to thankyou for recommending the blistex lip ointment because that is the only thing that seems to be helping these damn chapped lips.

Anyways Thanks for the updates and good luck with the rest of your treatment.

Btw dou have any back acne and if so how has that responded to Tane.

I have moderate bacne and so I am hopeful that Tane will help clear that up.

Btw dou have any back acne and if so how has that responded to Tane.

I have moderate bacne and so I am hopeful that Tane will help clear that up.

I was so shocked when I saw your last pictures yesterday. Your skin looks amazing. You must be so happy!

Good luck. Hope you stay clear!

-Paul

I'm on my last couple weeks of the accutane stuff myself. Man i some a huuuuge change in my appearance, and the compliments keep coming in. I hope you really really enjoy the finishing product. Patience is crucial witht his medication...the lip thing will pass. I also had some back pains, and I still do sometimes, especially when i lay down.

the red marks are completely killing me..... i had acne so bad that now i dont just hav red spots i have reb blobs

that cover my entire jawline and my jeeks and portions of forehead.....all the acne is gone its just these stupid stupid red marks that are plagueing me

the red marks are completely killing me..... i had acne so bad that now i dont just hav red spots i have reb blobs

that cover my entire jawline and my jeeks and portions of forehead.....all the acne is gone its just these stupid stupid red marks that are plagueing me