Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. Im completely new to this and I have no idea what I'm doing. I want to know if anyone can help me put together my new regimen but I'm not sure if this is where i need to post this... I have already written the same thing in a blog but I dont think that's where this is supposed to go.

Anyway, right now I am fairly acne prone (if i dont do anything to my face, i would break out horribly) and I have been using acnefree redness relief to keep it under control. So far it has worked pretty (I only have a couple of pimples right now) and I have been using it for about 2 months now (i was using acnefree severe for a few months before i switched to redness relief).

Now that I have my acne pretty much under control, i would like to focus on the red marks left behind from the acne that i used to have. I have about 15 scars that I would like to get rid of and some large and clogged pores that i would like to treat too. I also get really oily during the day. So i was hoping to find something that would treat all of this. I found green cream and it claims to get rid of the marks, shrink pores and control oil so i decided to give it a try. I have been using it for about a month and i have noticed some difference but i dont think i have given it enough time. It hasnt done much for the oil though and i can still see some clogged pores. Maybe over time they will go away....

I use my three step acnefree system in the morning, sometimes followed by some cerave moisturizer if my skin feels dry. Then, at night, I wash my face with the acnefree cleanser and put on the green cream, again followed by some moisturizer if i need it. This system is working out ok for me but I would really like to incorporate some AHA into my regimen. I have read that it works well with green cream and also keeps skin clear. The only problem is I dont know when to do it except for in the morning and I am too afraid to get off of the acnefree because im worried about breaking out horribly. Does anyone know if AHA would be effective enough at controlling acne that I could stop using acnefree completely? Im also not sure about using it at night with the green cream because i have heard that they can cancel each other out that way and I want to still be able to use green cream every night because i feel like im seeing some improvement in my skin...

I know this is a lot but I also have body acne (on my back and chest) and have been using neutrogena body clear to get rid of it. Should i use AHA on my back and chest too and when? I am also thinking about switching to Phisoderm body wash because i hear it works better. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for your help!