Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

Well, I have been using Dans regimen for about 5 weeks now and everything was going great till the 5 week mark came. I’d say my acne was mild to moderate when I first started using the regimen. Anyways, after about 3 weeks my face was pretty much completely clear and I was having no problems. Well it’s been about 5 weeks now and I am now experiencing the worst breakout since I first started shaving. Has anyone else gone through this or can give me some advice. By the way I am a 16 year old male and I just started shaving about 6 moths ago and that seems to be exactly when my acne started (the first three weeks I was on the regimen I did not shave)

Products used in morning:

regimen cleanser

regimen BP

regimen moisturizer

jojoba oil

Products used at night:

regimen cleanser

regimen BP

regimen moisturizer

jojoba oil

Neutrogena skin Clearing shave cream

and I have watched all the videos on how to use all of these products correctly and I using them 100% correctly and started using full 2 pumps of BP after 2 weeks. I also use a 2 bladed disposable razor.

And if my acne is being caused due to shaving what should i do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it necessary to shave EVERY day? And how about try an electric razor?

Perhaps you should try an extra sensitive shaving cream.

I think Dan recommends not to use an electric razor. My acne went away and came back all the time until now while i was on the regimen. Give it time. 5 weeks is not a long time to be on the regimen. I had very mild acne and it took me 5 months.

I am a girl, so I dont shave my face & I know very little about shaving faces. But I really dont think it has much to do with shaving, though I am sure it is slightly irritating. Maybe dan should create some kind of shaving cream too!

Here's what I use to shave, I switched a while back. I found it greatly reduces irritation and gives you a much closer shave:

Razor:

Soap:

Brush:

this one is a bit cheaper, generally the $150+ ones are just for show, they have nice chrome or stainless handles with engravings and titanium or exotic wood accents. Not necessary

Razor Blades

This will save you money in the long run. How much are cartridges nowadays? Like 10 bucks for 4, this is 14 bucks for 40. And that razor handle will last you years if you take care of it, so I think this system pays for itself in the long run.

All in all, this is like a $100 initial investment, but it's worth it to shave and reduce the irritation ... if you grow really thick stubble like I do, multi-blade cartridges just rip out the hair (ouch) and are expensive, and electrics just don't get close and can irritate.

The other downside is shaving the right way takes about 20+ minutes until you get the hang of it. I'm 23 now so I have about 9 years of practice, but when I switched over a couple years back, it still took me a while when I started. Now I can do 2 passes (once with the grain, once across it) in about 3 or 4 minutes. It's worth learning how to do it right.

Here's a video that kind of explains it all:

Pt1:

Pt2:

Pt3:

I don't know if this is going to help your acne issues, but I use it and I haven't found it to affect me negatively.

edit: links got killed, I'll readd them later.