Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pleaseeee

Cut My Life Into Pieces, This Is My Last Resort.

*Introduction*

Hello, my name is Alex, i am 15 years old, and i am a freshmen in high school. I do lots of activities that probably most of you do, including baseball, soccer, basketball, and i work out, a lot. I have become a little self-conscious because of my acne, i have lost confidence, and i used to be a very confident person, and i miss it. I have a girlfriend, and i love her with all my heart, lol alright, enough. So, basically i'm using this to track my progress while being on Acutance, and hopefully getting some support on the way to my clear skin! Feel free to post your Acutance logs and I will be sure to check them out, Thanks!

*Background Information*

Well, I'm probably going to become depressed while i write this, but, i have had acne for the last three years, ever since early seventh grade. At first it didn't really bother me, i said to myself, hey, it will go away, right? WRONG. My acne continued to get worse up until this day. I have tried almost every skin cleanser you can think of, any type of pad you can think of, benzyl peroxide, topical gels, differin gel, even minocycline pills! I have had enough, it is time for me to handle this once and for all and be able to look at people straight to the face and not be ashamed. It really is all i want, and i really hope Acutance creates a miracle for me. I really am a nice kid, i do well in school, im nice to everyone, just why has this happened to my face?

*Message To Those Who Found Acutance Successful*

I just want to make a little shout out to all of you folks who have achieved clear skin :] I am so happy for all of you, i know what it is like to have acne, and i bet your skin looks aaaammmaaazzzingggggg, that’s awesome. All of you are seriously my heroes’ and i want to be like all of you! So, Hopefully i can!

*Current Regimen*

Morning:

40mg Claravis

Vitamin E 200IU

Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer with SPF15

Night:

40mg Claravis

Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer with SPF15

*Current Mood*

Thinks this is going to work, keeping a good attitude :P

*Current Song (Basicly the song i've been recently liking):*

Don't Trust Me - 3OH3!

Ps. Name some good songs, id love to listen! :] fan of all music

2 DAYS PRE-ACCUTANE

Yeah, i kno, there is really no need for me to post this, but i want to get this log started and not forget about it. Well, it is Wednesday, I goto the derm Friday and will be starting Friday, i have waited a month and it has finally come. I am sooooo excited to start, the course should go well, consdiering my acne really isn't even that bad, so im hoping for the best, i am PRAYING my IB isn't that bad, but whatever. Wish me luck.

Can anyone give me a good moisturizer, i still haven't gotten one, i will be using Carmex for my lips though, it has never failed me up to this day, and Accutane isn't even a challenge for Carmex :]

Good luck, Alex! Hopefully accutane can give you the happy ending that you've been hoping for =) I'm currently on my ninth day myself, so we're almost in sync. I look forward to hearing about your progress, its super exciting stuff.

DAY BEFORE ACCUTANE

Well, I just got home from school, and finished my last day of school without hope of my acne clearing up!! So, tommorow i go in at 7:30 for my blood drawn, and get my perscription, and finally start accutane, as for my face goes, i brokeout around my nose a little bit this morning, kinda pist, but oh well, going to have my dinner soon, thann fasting :[. So wish me luck everyone.

happyendings, thanks for your early support, and yea since we're in sync we should keep in touch and compare how our progress goes :]

DAY 1

Okay, well today was a good day, I went to the dermatologist and got my bloodwork done at 7:30 AM, everything went fine, the Derm talked to me and my mom, and just told us everything one more time. I was prescribed to 80MG CLARAVIS. So i dropped off the prescription, went to school, and now i am sitting in my room with Claravis! about to take my first pill and begin my journey! At the drug store I ended up choosing Cetaphil Moisturizer with SPF 15, and Carmex Lib Balm, I also got some Vitamin E, to take that was reccommended by my derm. So i actually am going to take my first pill as i am writing this.. ready :].. OKAY! There is now Accutane in my system. So let's see how this all goes ! :]

Ps. I found that the packages these pills come in are very interesting, lol, like jesus i feel like im committing a crime holding this drug lol

Hey there :D

Just wanted to send you some good luck thoughts... Today was my first day on accutane as well so I'm pretty aware of the stuff you must be going through **fingers**crossed** this is the start of the journey to clear skin.

xx

DAY 2

Well, I Just took my second dose of Claravis, and just ate a bagel :]. This morning wasn't bad, i did not breakout, so thats always good. Last night my eyes felt dry, and started to burn a little bit, but thats gone this morning. Though, when i woke up this morning my lips were a bit dry, not completely chapped, but i can tell they are on the path to being chapped very bad, ahaha o.0. Well, its a saturday, should be a good night, so that's something to look forward too. Also, is there any food that it is actually better to take Accutane with, or is it just food in general, if anyone knows just let me know!! Thanks.

DAY 3

Whatsup Acne.org, its Day 3... Not much is really changed, i slept over my friends house last night, it was a good time. I broke out with 2 TINY whiteheads on my chin, nothing too serious, but they still are present, my lips are a lot dryer, as well as my face. Ive had a runny nose on and off for the past 2 days, idk if that is from Accutane or what. Really worried about an IB coming, i hate being in school when my acne looks really bad, so id be pretty ashammed walking around in my highschool with an IB. I'm probably going to try working out later today for the first time on Accutane, should be quite the battle, aha. Still anxious to see lots of improvement, well that's about it. School tommorow.. gonna suck, but what else is new.

Please,

Im glad to hear you are going on Accutane. Im 21 now and have had mild but persistent acne since I was about your age. My derm gave me things to control it and my skin would clear up but then go back after my skin got used to whatever meds I was put on. I wouldnt expect you to see any changes right away, keep in mind the meds have to build up in your system before you start seeing the effects, both positive and negative, from taking Accutane. As for me I am a little more than half way done with my first month of Claravis(40 mg per day) and Im starting to see some results. My skin and lips are starting to dry out a good bit, but I am having fewer breakouts, and when I do get them they are far less severe and go away much faster. If you are working out a lot be very careful of what you are putting in your body. Mush like you I work out about 5 days a week and many of the supplements I was taking tax your liver pretty hard. I Had been cycling creatine for the past 6 months and decided to go off of it all together. I would also take NO-Xplode from time to time but stopped after starting Accutane. If you do decide to take anything bring it to your derm and make sure it is alright before you start. Remember you need your liver for the rest of your life. Good luck and take care!

Rip,

Thank you for your post, it actually helped a lot, and im glad you posted it, Though, i am on creatine, well it isn't pure creatine, it is called Sizeon, you probably are familiar with it, its a suppllement, ive been cycling creatine for like 4 months, and i will be taking Sizeon until the summer, while i am on Claravis, my derm. told me it would have no effect, and it would be okay to take it, but we'll see what happens.

Just worked out,

It was A LOT HARDER than i had expected it to be.. I efficiantley completed my workout, but i had to cut off some set's here&there. It was a lot tougher, i could feel much more pain in my muscles, i dont know if that is good or bad? I deffinatley plan on continuing to workout though, ill just have to adapt to the pain, again, whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

ha 2pac quote.

dude im a lot lot like u man. accept 2 years later... Ive struggled since freshman year.had perfect skin until then...and im now a junior in high school and it got sooo bad in august (begginin of junior year) and i went on a lotta stuff. Been through everything and just got done with Minocycline/retin A a week ago. I started Claravis 3 days ago and im excited to finally be clear but so pissed i have to wait 5 more months

n hey dude dont expect to be happy on day 3 haha my skin looks real shitty..i wish i could jus stay home through the hard parts cuz its so embarassing around my superficial friends

o and the joint pains will go away once ur off accutane.

n i play baseball to ha

DAY 4

Well, it is a monday, just getting in from school, and it is absolutely pooring here, i kind of love this weather though, its nice and dark :P. School today was dreadful obviously, i had like 3 tests and i really wasn't too sure about them, so let's see how they come out. On the acne part, well i brokeout a little under my nose, its unoticable tho, and a tiny tiny pimple on my chin, nothing too bad though, my lips become dryer, and dryer each day, but i don't think anyone in school noticed today so ill continue using Vaseline, and Carmex. I did look in the mirror at school today, and my face didn't nessicarily look clear, but believe it or not, it looked better than it usually does in school, so :]! Also every once in a while i expirence some light abdominal pains, nothing really too bad, a rolaid will usually do the trick and make that go away, but its usually followed by me having to goto the bathroom, i have been pissing A LOT. It's most likely from all of the water i've been drinking, but yea, probably nothing to worry about. I had my first 40mg dose this morning with a glass of milk, and ill probably have my other 40mg dose after dinner tonight.. So leave some support, leave some tips, and ill see you all tommorow! :]

DAY 5

Man, these days are really going by fast! not much has changed since yesterday really, i feel less dry thanks to my moisturizer *shoutout to Cetaphil*. Umm, my forehead seems to be looking a lot better in my opinion, and i can see my cheeks look like their begginning to clear up, i brokeout on my chin again though, kinda sucks, but can't be too bad. Still waiting for that Initial Breakout to come, or maybe illl get lucky and not have one! :] let's hope. So, i have a good vibe this is going to work, i really don't want to speak to soon, it's only day 5, but i've never been so hopeful in my life. I had another abdominal pain last night, wasn't nearly as bad as the others though, and i think i have decided to call it a quits on the Creatine (Sizeon). So let's see how that goes, shouldn't make much of a difference.

So leave some suppot, comment, anything helpful just leaveee :] byeeee

myresults,

Yes, it is extremely important to have a positive outlook while taking Accutane, it just makes everything better, it just makes the journey so much easier, always try to look on the good side of this stuff, all of us will be better in no time!

Question

Worried about the IB, i haven't even really broken out to bad yet, what are the chances of me not getting an IB, or does everyone have to get the IB, because my friend told me she never had one, and i was just curious, so if anyone could answer this correctly it'd be appreciated.

i haven't experienced an ib out yet. i mean, i got like 2 more pimples than usual,but i don't think it was nearly enough to call it a breakout. were you on antibiotics before accutane? that seems to help everyone with the IB.

Yea, i was on minocycline for 3 months before Claravis, so i really hope i don't get an IB, all seems good so far, if anything it had improved, not gotten worse.

i took minocycline for the months leading up to it too, and it's helped me a lot. no one can say for sure if you will or won't. chances are you will, i think everyone usually breaks out a bit. but if you do, don't panic, clear skin is close behind!

DAY 6

Hm, today was a rough day, probably my worst day yet since the start of Claravis. I Had minor abdominal pains through my last 2 periods in school, that was hell, it's basicly just gas though, it doesn't really hurt, it just feels like queezy, like an upset stomach. Also, i don't know for sure, but i THINK i may have gotten an Initial Breakout, or it is a rash. My neck completely broke out, very bad, can i get the IB on my neck and not my face though, im really not sure. Kind of hope it is the IB, so i can just go through with it. Also i continue to breakout on my chin, almost every day, i really wish i would just stop breaking out, but whatever. Tommorow is my last day of school, since we have Friday off, so that should be good, hopefully see some progress on my 3 day weekend, but i highly doubt it...

Err, i really hope this shit works, i'd say my acne is worse than it was when it started as of right now :/

Also, i am going to workout in about an hour or less for the first time in a while without my Sizeon, i wonder if ill be able to make it through..

bye.

Alex is IBing.

Well, i am not positive, but i think im going through the Initial Breakout, it sucks. My neck is all broken out, as well as my chin, my cheeks, and forehead haven't gotten much worse, but i brokeout worse than a long time ago today, i really hope i don't wake up tommorow and see it even worse, i hope this is the end, or does the IB usually last long?

Hey Please! I started the same day as you, though I'm only taking 20 mg twice a day. Hopefully soon both of us will be getting through the IB and seeing real results :)

And yeah I'm pretty sure that the IB is an essential and necessary part of the process. Because your pores are shrinking as a result of the medicine, your skin is pushing out everything that has been clogged up in there. This is how my dermatologist explained it to me, but I might be wrong, I'm no expert.

Adios!

Hi,

You are 2 days ahead of me with accutane, today is day 4 for me ;)

I'll follow your log.

I once read that an IB could last a week or so, not sure!

Good luck