Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Background: 27 year-old female, mild acne during high school, worsened during undergrad, annoyingly persistent since. Would classify as mild to moderate with pustules. Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation has always been an issue. Breakouts became increasingly inflammatory with cystic lesions on chin. Family history of acne, and severe scarring.

Past products: Salicylic acid (pads, gels, and every other form), benzoyl peroxide (ProActiv, etc.), AHA's, series of facials, exfoliation, tea tree oil, sulfur-based treatments, birth control pills. I've tried gentle, I've tried aggressive. I've tried washing my face multiple times/day, and I've tried leaving it alone.

What I hadn't used: anything prescription.

Now onto the good stuff...

OBAGI Nu-Derm: Recommended by an aesthetician at a medical spa. Pricey, indeed, but so was the collection of products I was using. Consists of 0.05% Retin-A, 4% hydroquinone, and AHA's.

Here's the regimen (I was very compliant with this-- never missed anything, no matter how tired I was! I was super dedicated to fixing my face.) AM: wash, tone, hydroquinone, AHA, SPF35. PM: wash, tone, hydroquinone, Retin-A.

Weeks 1-2: Peeled like crazy! Tried to work shorter hours, avoided going out because I was peeling so badly.

Weeks 3-4: Redness and breakouts galore. When I went in for my 4-week follow-up, they thought it a bit unusual that I would have this reaction this late into the treatment. They were expecting a significant improvement. My skin is stubborn, oh well.

Weeks 5-6: A bit better, not much. Went in for red/blue light treatments, and my skin started to turn around. Unsure if it was due to the lights or the treatment finally taking a turn for the better.

Weeks 7-8: Fewer breakouts! Finally!

Weeks 9-10: Even fewer breakouts, hyperpigmentation starting to fade and even out. Is patience finally paying off?

Other lifestyle changes: consistently exercising (cardio 3-4x/week), eating better (more fruits and vegetables, less processed stuff), multivitamin/omega-3/birth control pill daily.

Photos can be found here: . (If this link doesn't post, which I'm not sure it will, it's under my galleries... it's the only gallery I have.) I realize that they are not the best quality (webcam) and it's not consistent on the lighting. I also realize that I didn't start at the beginning of my treatment (started at about week 4), but I wasn't feeling like taking self-photos while I was mega-peeling. Despite all this, I think the photos do show the improvement.

Cover-up: I love makeup. Period. I've been using mineral makeup since it's better for your skin, and less comedogenic. Was using BareMinerals for the past 2 years, now using CoverFX, and would recommend it. BareMinerals has more titanium dioxide (read: sunblock), but I'm using SPF35 moisturizer anyway. CoverFX has better color, less splotchy. Also, to counteract the redness, used a green primer (using Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in green).

...I'll continue to post. Heck, if no one reads it, it's cathartic anyway, and I figure it'll be good for me to document my own progress. Good luck to all!

I'm glad to hear that you are having good progress with Obagi. I believe it is a very well respected brand and I've heard good reviews about it, even though I didn't really think about trying it due to the high price.

A common trend I've heard about Obagi is that even though it really transforms your skin into one that is more even-toned, refined and radiant, it also makes it more fragile and sensitive. Consistent maintenance with Obagi products is necessary to maintain the effects. Some people who have stopped using the products (due to cost) reported a reversal of skin quality, but the sensitivity still persists.

To put things in perspective, all other prescription topicals have to be used indefinitely to maintain their effects too, so Obagi is really no different. I hope you will continue to have good results with Obagi!

Thanks, I do too. I expect that I will always have to use acne treatments, though I hope it won't always have to be prescription. I've used many other lines, and all pretty pricey anyway, so yes, even though I do agree Obagi is expensive, for me it's worth it, because it's working!

So, yes to the more even-toned, and refined (still waiting on the radiant!). My skin seems to be "thick"-- chemical peels would take quite long to sting, really wouldn't peel from it afterwards, products didn't seem to work, and skin always seemed congested with lots of clogged pores that really wouldn't purge themselves. So it is now more fragile in that it is thinner. It was definitely very sensitive when I started, but it seems to be normalizing.

Obagi's other lines don't seem to be quite nearly as expensive as Nu-Derm-- they seem on par with other skin care lines that I was already using (Murad, etc.), so I think cost-wise it'll be alright. Of course, I hope I maintain what results I've gotten so far, but only time will tell.

I'm off to get another blue/red light treatment (this is #2)! :)

I'm glad to hear that you are having good progress with Obagi. I believe it is a very well respected brand and I've heard good reviews about it, even though I didn't really think about trying it due to the high price.

A common trend I've heard about Obagi is that even though it really transforms your skin into one that is more even-toned, refined and radiant, it also makes it more fragile and sensitive. Consistent maintenance with Obagi products is necessary to maintain the effects. Some people who have stopped using the products (due to cost) reported a reversal of skin quality, but the sensitivity still persists.

To put things in perspective, all other prescription topicals have to be used indefinitely to maintain their effects too, so Obagi is really no different. I hope you will continue to have good results with Obagi!

You're really pretty. :]

I took a look at the gallery and your skin had a huge improvement. :dance:

Thanks! My skin is slowly improving day by day. This has been years in the waiting, months in the making!

Updates (photos added to gallery, check 'em out!):

I'm now at 10 weeks :cool:

A pustule decided to read its ugly head on my left cheek, in the midst of the hyperpigmented spots. This area has been the most difficult to clear up-- it has had the most breakouts since starting the Obagi regimen (hence all the hyperpigmented spots!), which is unusual in that my chin experienced the most breakout pre-Obagi. It's not the side I use when talk on the phone, and I don't typically sleep on that side either... weird.

This eruption occurred a day before my second red/blue light treatment. The treatment went exactly as my first-- the aesthetician swipes some salicylic acid over my face, and puts me under the red LED's x 15 minutes, then the blue LED's x 18 minutes. Everything went well! Unfortunately, some friends were in town and I went out that evening, and started to peel around my mouth (I was talking too much, I suppose!). And though I try not to talk about my face to everyone, the massive amount of skin flakes needed an explanation!

Today, very minor peeling, though noticeably drier, but my skin seems so much smoother. I really like the lights. I never thought it would make much of a difference, but 2 treatments really has me thinking differently. I have been looking online for tabletop LED's, but going to ask here on these forums for some advice-- they're pricey as well!

Week 11:

-Now kind of doubting the effect of the red/blue LED's. Didn't note the improvement that I did the first time.

-Two newbies on my forehead, but pretty small.

-Pustule on my left cheek seen in week 10 pics finally went away. In its place is a lovely hyperpigmented spot. But of course!

-Skin texture is smoother overall.

-Blackheads on my forehead. These are a relatively new occurrence with Obagi. I think these pores are just better able to purge themselves. Pre-Obagi, I would just have semi-hard bumps underneathe my skin (pores that couldn't purge).

-Lacked exercise. Will go to gym today.

-Didn't each as much fruits/yogurt. Bought some delicious strawberries that are screaming to be eaten!

-Added photo for this week. All of these are without makeup, so every blemish can be documented. Made an additional gallery for photos with makeup (because I'm all about green primer right now! See this post for more info: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Green-Pri...2#entry2585412)

Ugh. :doubt: Peeling, still! The two newbies turned into pustules. Frustrated, but will be patient!

Picked up an issue of "New Beauty"-- magazine I found at bookstore. Had tons of advertisements of handheld LED's, had no idea they had so many. Found some info on acne as well. Here are the tidbits I learned!

-Minocycline is not helpful for hyperpigmentation. I've never been on it, so no worries for me (have enough hyperpigmentation problems!).

-Antioxidants and SPF are synergistic-- antioxidants increase the efficacy of SPF and vice versa. Note to self to include antioxidants in daytime regimen when Nu-Derm has done its deal!

Wow pretty girl hehe.. and i see improvement in your pic. just some redness ..

I think you look like Chinese or Korean Celebs .. hehe

Week 12

So, this week started out with major peeling (see above post)! The aforementioned pustules went away rather quickly, thank goodness. No new actives, woohoo! :dance: The hyperpigmentation seems to affect my cheeks the most, not so much the forehead (where the newbies were) or chin.

The peeling should start to subside now. I hope. I mean, it better! From what I've researched, not only should the peeling start to subside, but it should only get better from here! Started looking up maintenance regimens (which should start around week 18), and I think I'll add in some Vitamin C serum (Obagi Pro-C serum, to be exact). We'll see.

I went to Sephora (my favorite addiction) and got matched in MakeUp ForEver's HD foundation. Only to be used on special occasions, I'll stick to mineral make-up for everyday use.

Picture is up, check out the progress! :D

I'm not sure what type I am. I will be going this week to find out what will be best for me. I'm scared that it will worsen my face especially the whole peeling part of it (not the selling point for me but oh well). I would consider my face to be light to moderate acne now but before it was like it hit me all at once during my undergrad. I feel like I'm in the same boat with you, in our twenties and still breaking out, family genes yay:(, and the complete embarrassment of having acne. My downfall right now is the scaring and I think I have ice pick scaring. I too have tried everything....the harsh stuff to the home remedy and all.

Thank you so much for your reply it means a lot;)

Week 13

No new actives! But more (and big) blackheads. I extracted two of them very, very carefully. There's more on my face, but I'm not messing with them. They aren't very big or very open.

Still peeling, but much improved from weeks past. I started using microfiber cloths this week to help with the visible peeling. When I apply the face wash, I briefly and very gently massage it with the microfiber cloth. Then, I just blot the toner over my face instead of swiping with new, very soft cotton pads (I think the rough cotton pads I was using and my rubbing were too aggressive!).

Skin texture continues to improve. My skin is very smooth and soft right now, and I like it. The hyperpigmentation and overall uneven discoloration make it look rougher/bumpier than it feels. I'm hoping that by week 18, my skin will look as smooth as it feels. I'm antsy to start adding in vitamin C serum, in hopes that it will even out my skin tone, but I'm going to stick to m 18 weeks, and then decide from there.

Also new this week: green smoothies! (See http://www.acne.org/messageboard/FABULOUS-...-G-t108917.html and greensmoothiegirl.com!). I would often call myself a carnivore before, just because I never enjoyed veggies or salads, though I'd try to get greens in. More recently, I've been enjoying more salads and carrots with hummus, and this week, while wasting my time on YouTube looking up Kim Kardashian make-up tips, I stumbled on greensmoothiegirl's videos. I already had some baby spinach and bananas and berries in our kitchen, so I blended it up! And I LIKED it! They might be scary looking, but they taste fresh. I've bought a Costco bag of spinach and more frozen fruits. They do take some practice and some acceptance that your smoothie experiments won't always be successful! (My first smoothie wasn't very smooth, and I was chewing more than enjoying; I tried to make one yesterday with spinach, kale, berries and cocoa nibs, and it was very bitter. No bueno! Otherwise, they've been delicious and I look forward to lunch when I get to drink my smoothie!)

Picture is up. My face looks a little red. Oh well!

BUTTERFACE-- I answered you back on your original thread :)

I stumbled upon your updates throughout the Obagi experience! I was on the full NuDerm system more than a year ago but used the Vit. C serum from the beginning.

Overall, I found that the system dramatically changed my skin- for the better. While I still have the occasional breakout, my skin is very healthy....and still glows.

When my doc and I discussed how to maintain after using the full course, I decided to go on the easy side....and would step up to more products if needed. I have found that using retin-a (prescription from the pharmacy....not the Obagi super expensive retin a) at night and the vit. c serum in the morning really keeps everything at bay.

As for peeling, I still peel every morning in the shower when I wash my face due to the retin-a. (YAY! It is still working!)

I did go ahead earlier this month and have a 3 layer Obagi Blue Peel done. I can't say I have glowing reviews. I have passed 5 mm kidney stones with no tears and two advil. I cried the ENTIRE time of the peel after taking three.

Keep up with the system and just know that there are ways to tailor the maintenance to your skin. :)

Your skin has changed sosososooooo much. It literally brings a smile to my face seeing the change.

Languages, thank you sosososooooo much! Your compliment brought a smile to my face!

Week 14

-My nose is oily! It looks like Exxon set up shop there there's so much oil on it (ok, small exaggeration, but still!).

-2 small new actives on my left cheek. It's a problem area-- it's still very hyperpigmented and the only area that still gets actives, and I really don't understand why. I don't sleep on that side, I don't talk on my phone on that side. It really doesn't make any sense.

-No new blackheads. When they show up, they're mainly on my forehead.

-Peeling still making me a bit irritated because the mineral makeup seems to enhance the look of it. I'll have to be sure to moisturize a bit more throughout the daytime.

-Other than that, switched my liquid foundation to another color (just for going out, etc.), and I think it matches much better. Bought a new concealer, too, for those pesky undereye circles. I love makeup.

-Continuing to love my green smoothies! Tried orange/swiss chard,kale/banana/pear, blackberries/blueberries/spinach, and will try ginger/peach/spinach today.

Week 15

Wow, can't believe it's been this long since I've started! Very cool.

Current pros:

-No actives :)

-Peeling is under much better control.

-Skin is as smooth as buttah!

Current cons:

-Redness, still quite significant.

-Hyperpigmentation, on cheeks, no significant improvement.

Current regimen:

a.m.

-Microfiber cloth (to take off all the dead skin, has been controlling my peeling!)

-Toner

-"Clear" 4% hydroquinone

-"Exfoderm forte" lactic and glycolic acid

-SPF 35

-Cover FX mineral pressed powder on weekdays, my concocted tinted moisturizer on non-work days.

p.m.

-Cleanser

-Toner

-"Clear" 4% hydroquinone

-"Blender" more 4% hydroquinone + Retin-A (0.05%)

-Carmex. It's my must.

supplements

-Multivitamin

-Fish oil

-Calcium

-Zinc

-Vit C

green smoothies!

-This weeks recipe's included blackberry/kale, spinach/avocado/banana (super creamy)

-I include flax seed oil with all my smoothies. I think this (along with my addiction to raw almonds) explains the oily nose aforementioned in last week's post.

Plans

-Still waiting for my antioxidant serum. Was going for Obagi Professional-C, but since antioxidants are synergistic, opted for SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic. Read good things about it. Hoping that it will decrease the redness, and further improve my hyperpigmentation.

-After finishing my toner, planning to get DDF Aloe Toner, again to calm down my red skin.

-If the above two products don't help my redness, looking into Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream. Will wait and see before purchasing.

Pictures

Will take later today. Check back!Pics now up. Frustration in spots on left cheek results in new avatar. :doubt:

Week 15

Hi there!

I'm very very new to this forum, but I came upon your posts because I'm a rather frustrated and confused user of the Obagi Nu Derm system and I was searching in Google some key phrases that pop to mind right now like "Obagi Nuderm and more blackheads" and "Obagi Nu Derm and more acne."

I started using the system two weeks ago and have been faithful to it. Every night and every day I faithfully use the myriad cleansers, toners, creams and ointments.

I've seen the start of the transformation, I suppose: peeling skin, redness... but I'm also experiencing terrible cystic acne and way more blackheads than I've ever had before. It's incredibly disheartening and I don't know how much more of this I can take.

I'm a 28 yo female. I exercise everyday. I try to drink plenty of fluids. I try to take good care of my skin.

Is this reaction normal? Should I persist??

Thanks!

Wow, can't believe it's been this long since I've started! Very cool.

Current pros:

-No actives :)

-Peeling is under much better control.

-Skin is as smooth as buttah!

Current cons:

-Redness, still quite significant.

-Hyperpigmentation, on cheeks, no significant improvement.

Current regimen:

a.m.

-Microfiber cloth (to take off all the dead skin, has been controlling my peeling!)

-Toner

-"Clear" 4% hydroquinone

-"Exfoderm forte" lactic and glycolic acid

-SPF 35

-Cover FX mineral pressed powder on weekdays, my concocted tinted moisturizer on non-work days.

p.m.

-Cleanser

-Toner

-"Clear" 4% hydroquinone

-"Blender" more 4% hydroquinone + Retin-A (0.05%)

-Carmex. It's my must.

supplements

-Multivitamin

-Fish oil

-Calcium

-Zinc

-Vit C

green smoothies!

-This weeks recipe's included blackberry/kale, spinach/avocado/banana (super creamy)

-I include flax seed oil with all my smoothies. I think this (along with my addiction to raw almonds) explains the oily nose aforementioned in last week's post.

Plans

-Still waiting for my antioxidant serum. Was going for Obagi Professional-C, but since antioxidants are synergistic, opted for SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic. Read good things about it. Hoping that it will decrease the redness, and further improve my hyperpigmentation.

-After finishing my toner, planning to get DDF Aloe Toner, again to calm down my red skin.

-If the above two products don't help my redness, looking into Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream. Will wait and see before purchasing.

Pictures

Will take later today. Check back!Pics now up. Frustration in spots on left cheek results in new avatar. :doubt:

Yes, a1000dreams, stick with it. I was becoming incredibly frustrated, too, even until week 8 or so. I had peeling, redness, more breakouts, more blackheads for about the first 6 weeks, so your reaction is not unusual. I stuck with it, and am very, very glad I did. If you make the decision to stick with it as well, you will see a difference, but it will take time. Here some suggestions to help, at least, it did for me:

- Peeling: take a warm shower in the morning, and as you wash your nightly products off, you will have dead skin come off too. Be gentle. Don't overscrub. Whatever comes off, that's it. Don't try to take off more, or your skin will be red and irritated. I use an microfiber cloth, and I am very, very gentle. When washing your face at night, don't try sloughing off skin again. Just wash very gently and pat the toner on (instead of swiping with a cotton pad... it'll just slough off more skin).

- Redness: This is going to happen the first couple of weeks. I'd just let it be a little red and irritated. I was getting frustrated because 16 weeks into the Obagi regimen, I was still red. I just started using Clinique Redness Relief cream. You won't notice any immediately calming effects, but my skin is a bit less red and itchy throughout the day. I don't use it at night. I also use a green primer underneath my makeup on days I use it.

- More blackheads: it'll go away. Try not to extract, your skin will be much thinner, and you will damage it if you try to squeeze it out.

- More breakouts: my advice is to be patient! As for the cystic acne, that was the first to go away for me when I started the Obagi regimen, but it took about 4-6 weeks.

-The regimen: Yeah, it takes a little while, but I do things in between while I'm waiting for each product to sink in. I've gotten used to it. I do wash my face a little earlier in the evening so that I don't forget, and I'm not too tired to wash my face.

...I will just let you know that I had some big events over the past weekend, with lots of friends and family in town, and I received so many compliments on my skin. They said I looked fabulous, and my mom was so happy, I thought she was going to cry! She couldn't stop looking at my skin, and saying how great it looked. She also kept asking if I got a nosejob (which I assured her that I didn't have any money for, even if I wanted one), and I'm not sure how it relates to my skin, other than I no longer have bumps on the side of my nose, so maybe it looks slimmer! Ha! Anyway, I hope that provides at least a little incentive for you.

Best of luck, let me know what you end up deciding. You know what my vote is for!

:)

Hi there!

I'm very very new to this forum, but I came upon your posts because I'm a rather frustrated and confused user of the Obagi Nu Derm system and I was searching in Google some key phrases that pop to mind right now like "Obagi Nuderm and more blackheads" and "Obagi Nu Derm and more acne."

I started using the system two weeks ago and have been faithful to it. Every night and every day I faithfully use the myriad cleansers, toners, creams and ointments.

I've seen the start of the transformation, I suppose: peeling skin, redness... but I'm also experiencing terrible cystic acne and way more blackheads than I've ever had before. It's incredibly disheartening and I don't know how much more of this I can take.

I'm a 28 yo female. I exercise everyday. I try to drink plenty of fluids. I try to take good care of my skin.

Is this reaction normal? Should I persist??

Thanks!

Month 8

I haven't updated my log for a number of months, due to some major life changes, including moving across the country and working for hours on end... I came on late this evening, only to find a message with someone interested in trying Obagi Nu-Derm, and I thought it would be good to update and add some closure to my log.

I'm continuing to use Obagi Nu-Derm as regularly as I was before. I haven't tried going on a maintenance regimen just yet. (Nu-Derm is meant to be used to "reset" your skin, and from what I have read, Dr. Obagi always intends that you go onto another regimen. Some move onto a maintenance regimen, where they alternate the days they use the AHA exfoliant and Retin-A vs using both the same day, or even use Retin-A less than that). I'm still using the whole regimen every day, because I still have some hyperpigmentation problems.

I can't begin to describe just how pleased I am. My skin rarely breaks out anymore. The texture is, for the most part, very smooth (my chin is getting there!). I still peel from time to time, especially if I forget Retin-A for a night and then restart the next day (which makes me question how I am going to transition to a maintenance regimen!), or if I don't moisturize enough.

I've updated pictures. You can really tell the difference.

I'll try to update once more whenever I transition to a maintenance regimen.

I wish everyone the best! As an adult with acne, I really do know how it can affect your confidence, especially if your career depends on it. Good luck to all!

Edited by [email protected]

Hey [email protected] I love your pictures and progress and I have a couple questions... I have been using the obagi nu derm system ... all of it ... for about 16 weeks now... I had problems with acne only in my chin area... the rest of my face is fine... I am breaking out so much around my chin!! I keep getting new breakout all the time and right now i feel it has gotten so much worse than it was... only on my chin ... where I am using the blender/retin A.. I am using everything else all over but the blender/retin A i am sticking to just on my chin because I was scared since it was this powerful on my chin... I'm so scared that is isn't gonna stop... Should I be concerned since I'm still breaking out this late in the system? or do I still need to stick to it? Anything will help thank you!

I think I started seeing some progress around week 8, which was a little bit later than when most people on Obagi start seeing some results (but about average for people just on Retin-A alone). So I would be concerned if its already been 16 weeks and you haven't seen any improvement yet. The chin is an area where you can have "hormonal" breakouts, so if you notice that the acne is cystic around your chin area, hormones might be to blame, and oral birth control pills might be useful. It's also an area that people constantly touch without noticing it, so make sure your hands are always clean (you won't notice you're touching your face as much as you are... no one notices!).

Let me know how it's going since you've last written! (And my apologies for taking so long!). Good luck!

Hey [email protected] I love your pictures and progress and I have a couple questions... I have been using the obagi nu derm system ... all of it ... for about 16 weeks now... I had problems with acne only in my chin area... the rest of my face is fine... I am breaking out so much around my chin!! I keep getting new breakout all the time and right now i feel it has gotten so much worse than it was... only on my chin ... where I am using the blender/retin A.. I am using everything else all over but the blender/retin A i am sticking to just on my chin because I was scared since it was this powerful on my chin... I'm so scared that is isn't gonna stop... Should I be concerned since I'm still breaking out this late in the system? or do I still need to stick to it? Anything will help thank you!

Dear [email protected] (if that's you're real name)

Are you pleased with the overall skin texture of the nuderm system? Did you achieve the glow yet? And how would you rate it's effect on scarring and discoloration? I just started using it and you seem to be the person to come to for info on this system. lol.

- - xxdancexx (that is my real name pronounced just how it's spelled :ninja: )

It's part of my real name ;)

In any case, I can't rave enough about the overall skin texture. It took a couple of months to get there, but my skin is incredibly smooth. I'm pretty sure I achieved the glow. I'll try to take some pictures later. At this point, I've made some changes to my skin care and makeup regimen. Here's the details.

AM: while in shower, take off peeling skin with microfiber cloth, (Cargo HD polishing cloths). Don't use sponges or washcloths, they're simply too harsh and will lead to more irritation and peeling. Just a light rub with this cloth will do. Then, I use the Clear and Exfoderm Forte, along with Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream (great for moisturizing, which you'll need with the Retin-A, even if your skin is currently oily, and for soothing irritated skin!)

Makeup: After above, I use Makeup For Ever primer and HD foundation (but just 1 pump, really just minimal coverage). On weekends, I just use primer and tinted moisturizer.

PM: cleanse, toner, and Blender + Retin-A 0.025%. Then, 30 mins. later, I'll use the Clinique Redness Solutions cream again. My skin gets quite dry with the Retin-A, and I've found keeping my skin uber-hydrated helps a lot in the peeling department. I've stepped down on the Retin-A concentration once my breakouts were controlled. It's helped keep things at bay, but has cut down on my redness/irritation/peeling.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The first couple weeks are rough. Really rough. The peeling was insane. I avoided going out because of it! But stick with it, it's worth it. As for scarring and discoloration, it has helped so much. I have only one spot on my left cheek where I used to pick/squeeze with my fingers where I think there's permanent scarring, but nothing that can't be very easily covered with concealer. Other than that, clear!

Let me know how it goes for you, good luck!

Dear [email protected] (if that's you're real name)

Are you pleased with the overall skin texture of the nuderm system? Did you achieve the glow yet? And how would you rate it's effect on scarring and discoloration? I just started using it and you seem to be the person to come to for info on this system. lol.

- - xxdancexx (that is my real name pronounced just how it's spelled :ninja: )

Dear [email protected],

Your log is awesome. And from the looks of your newest pictures you definitely have that glow. I'm not having too much of a hard time with it, but I'm taking it really slow with the retin-a. I just recently started going 2 days on 1 day off with retin-a. So I'm peeling, once the peeling stops I'll up the dosage. I'm doing my best to avoid any initial breakout. Everybody at work keeps asking if I've been drinking(since my face is red) haha I just say "no, it's a skin cream"....and they all give me a weird look since I'm a guy, and I work with almost only guys. lol. wutev. guys can take care of their skin too! lol.

I think so many logs on here are awesome, and I thought it necessary to somehow document my skin's progress, since I've had so much frustration with it.

As for your initial breakout, let me know how it goes! So many on here have tried to find ways to avoid that initial breakout, I'd like to know if you've found a way!

...And guys should definitely take care of their skin, too. Who says that just because you have a Y chromosome that you need to have acne? Pshh! Good for you :)

Dear [email protected],

Your log is awesome. And from the looks of your newest pictures you definitely have that glow. I'm not having too much of a hard time with it, but I'm taking it really slow with the retin-a. I just recently started going 2 days on 1 day off with retin-a. So I'm peeling, once the peeling stops I'll up the dosage. I'm doing my best to avoid any initial breakout. Everybody at work keeps asking if I've been drinking(since my face is red) haha I just say "no, it's a skin cream"....and they all give me a weird look since I'm a guy, and I work with almost only guys. lol. wutev. guys can take care of their skin too! lol.