Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all,

Im a guy, jus need sum info/help from other guys! Gals, u cud answer too.

Any lads out there that have been using chafing gel to fill in the scars?

I have a fair amount of acne scars on my cheeks and im gna fill em with this gel when i go buy it tmorrow ...my questions:

1 - This gel is silicone, hence its see through, but once applied to even the skin surface out, will it still show the depth of the scars (thats if u really closely at your face)? Has anyone worn it just on its own witout any makeup?

2 - As i also have small amount of red marks exactly where the scars are, how do i go about applying foundation to hide the marks on this area WITHOUT giving the impression that ive got makeup on my cheeks? (I dont want to use a brush)

3 - Once the chafing gel and foundation is on, is it: Scratch resistant? water reistant (can i tap my face with water a few times or have a shower with it on)?

Many thanks!

i can answer some of your questions based on what i experienced, but maybe you've bought it already?

1. my scars don't disappear when i wear the gel. all it really does for me is add more moisture and a smooth surface for makeup. i have worn it alone when i wasn't feeling like putting on anything. i feel more comfortable with it on then with a completely bare face, but i don't think it gives you "new skin" like most primers advertise.

3. the primer is not scratch, water resistant. you touch your face and it comes off. i think the best thing about it is that it makes your makeup easier to apply and makes your foundation or blush, bronzer, all that stuff last longer than if you were to use it alone.

i hope it works out for you & works better than it does for me.

my scars arent that bad, here are my pics:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Matte-Put...el-t228711.html

how long does it take the gel to dry up? so i can then put on the foundation......or could i just mix the gel with the foundation and put it over my cheeks in one go lol

i know its not permanent, but i jus want my scars filled in with this thing, thats all i care about lol. but as the gel is clear, can u still see the depth of the scars when u wore it on its own?

We dont have the make monistat here in the UK, but i found this one, but hope its ok:

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...catalogId=11051

the gel dries pretty quickly. i would say wait 10 minutes after dabbing it into the skin, just to make sure it has completely absorbed.

i wouldn't suggest mixing it with your foundation because i think the gel's consistency is a little too thick to get the best application with your foundation.

i could still see my scars with it on : ( but it definitely helps my red marks become less noticeable.

i've never tried the boots product you're talking about, so i hope it works ok too. make sure to buy it from somewhere with a good return policy. good luck.

After i have applied the gel to my face to dry, what would be the best way to put a bit of foundation to blend over on top of that gel to hide some red marks? as im puting this foundation only on my cheeks...i need perfection blending, and not let anyone notice iv got foundation on (even though its my skin colour), i really need it to blend it in coz most of u gals put it all over ur face, so it wont b noticed that much and again, its natural for girls to put makeup on.

the boots product is only sold in UK lol

how bad are ur scars? can i see sum pics before and after ur makeup?...i jus dnt wna get my hopes up, becasue applying all this stuff to ur face looks normal for girls as they wear makeup 24/7 and guys dont...well they shudnt lol....but for me its an exception lol

people react to things which others might not. ur skin mite be very senstive or u dontwash ur face preoperly each day!

btw, i still havent got my sample from lanacane! i even emailed them twice asking why i havent reicved it yet lol, but still no reply! :(

people react to things which others might not. ur skin mite be very senstive or u dontwash ur face preoperly each day!

btw, i still havent got my sample from lanacane! i even emailed them twice asking why i havent reicved it yet lol, but still no reply! :(

ROFL. How rude!