Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sbjj0701

Confused! Accutane after a stomach flu? Can I take it?

This is such a random question....

2 nights ago I came down with a bad stomach bug in the middle of the night. I rested all day yesterday and didn't start eating again till late afternoon. I skipped my accutane pills because I was scared to take them and I didn't know how they would affect my stomach. Now I feel much much better but I'm still being very careful about what I eat. I already skipped two pills yesterday and I'm wondering if it would be okay to start taking my pills again. Has anyone ever been confused about this too? I'm afraid I'm just being paranoid hahaha. Any help is appreciated!

This is such a random question....

2 nights ago I came down with a bad stomach bug in the middle of the night. I rested all day yesterday and didn't start eating again till late afternoon. I skipped my accutane pills because I was scared to take them and I didn't know how they would affect my stomach. Now I feel much much better but I'm still being very careful about what I eat. I already skipped two pills yesterday and I'm wondering if it would be okay to start taking my pills again. Has anyone ever been confused about this too? I'm afraid I'm just being paranoid hahaha. Any help is appreciated!

I would call your derm and regular doc and let them. I ask them if it was okay to start back up or should you wait another day or two. I would let them know all the symptoms you had too the other night regarding the stomach bug. Just to be on the safe side.

The other thing is when you say stomach bug, do you mean you got the flu, or do you mean it was from something you ate. Did you have nausea,throw up etc....or was it just stomach discomfort.

good luck

^ Agree. Call your derm to make sure. Missing a few days won't hurt the course if he or she says to wait a bit more.