Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have an older brother age 23... ish and a younger age 15. I turned 18 this feb and I seem to be the only one in my family with mild to severe acne and both my brothers have very mild acne. I went over every possible difference between us and the only things I could think were retarded but here they are...

1. My room is upstairs and theres are both downstairs

2. I exercise more then them

3. I drink more water

4. Eat healthier

5. I was born a redhead they were blonde

8. I weighed more then them as a baby now they are both thicker and taller

9. They smoke more weed then me

10. I have more sex then them... with other people.... that I know of

11. I do seem to be in the bathroom a lot more... thats just because of my acne

12. I pick at my face when need be... so do they

13. I apply a lot more facial products (I follow a regimen, they wing it)

but of course me... the middle child has terrible acne and they have pretty much perfect skin wtf is up with that? Maybe my parents shagged a different style or something cause this shit is retarded... anyone else wanna take a stab at why I might have it worse then them

... maybe i'm allergic to something?

1. My room is upstairs and theres are both downstairs

3. I drink more water

4. Eat healthier

5. I was born a redhead they were blonde

8. I weighed more then them as a baby now they are both thicker and taller

9. They smoke more weed then me

10. I have more sex then them... with other people.... that I know of

11. I do seem to be in the bathroom a lot more... thats just because of my acne

12. I pick at my face when need be... so do they

Sounds like you got some recessive genes. If you're seriously worried that you're adopted, don't be (unless you have a better reason to be than acne). If you're just generally griping about how if acne is genetic, why don't you have clear skin or why don't your siblings have acne, then yeah sometimes it just works like that. #5 would be the most relevant to me, as hair color is linked to skin pigmentation, sensitivity etc.

aha woops missed a couple numbers... I just thought of something else though... before or during puberty my brothers both seemed to gain a lot of weight to the point where I could label them as fat. They both grew a bunch now and thinned out but i've never ever been over weight before... maybe I should become a fat person for a little bit. I was born a red head but my hair is pretty much the same color as theirs now... we all turned dirty blonde... and are jeans always get mixed up in the wash and we end up wearing each others so I dont think its that

it's just the random draw of genes.

i have a friend who has perfect skin, and his older brother is doing rounds of accutane i believe

3. I drink more water

4. Eat healthier

If you want to find out more about being adopted you could see those little genetic signs, like son of parents who both have clear eye color should have clear eye color too if i remember correctly. Any genetic book will list these things. I wouldn't worry your parents will always be the ones who raised you since you were a baby not some strange that never cared for you if that's is the case.

But I don't think it has much to do with you getting acne and they don't, I have and both of my brothers don't have acne, nor my parents from what they've told me.

Oh and just so you know, I have a friend who is redhead and her little brother has black/dark brown hair, so it doesn't mean anything.