Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

Just wondering what your views our regarding acne and alcohol?

Does it make it worse?

Does it make you break out a couple of days after?

Thnx

X

I always found i would break out quite badly the morning after a heavy session lol

but that could be down to lack of sleep and water not nessecerly the alcohol

but ive been off it for a few months now, still gettin breakouts but they are alot milder than when i was drinking

not a very convincing answer ino lol

Im pretty sure its no good.

It dehydrates you, for one thing.

Also, theres something about alcohol, Im not a science guy, but alcohol acts in a similar way to sugar...? Yes.

The way its processed in the body or something, anyway it acts almost like you are consuming sugar or something.

And we all know that's bad.

But it never really broke me out, then again I never drink much (like 1-2 drinks, I hate being drunk)

So....if it breaks you out, dont drink it, but if not, then whatever.

Have fun.

I've heard it's bad too. However, I've never had a problem with it. Of course, I always just had about 6 oz of wine at dinner MAYBE twice a week...so I'm extremely moderate anyway. That might be why it didn't seem to affect me.

I think it is bad for you and can cause break outs because your liver will be working over time to get rid of the toxins from consuming alcohol.

I always break out usually the next day from drinking. I know I shouldn't drink because It causes me to get acne but I enjoy it :dance: . During the week I'm a health and water freak.

didn't effect my acne but my skin appeared softer the next morning after. But if i kept on drinking nightly, then my face started to get dry and scaly for some reason. But the first night was ok.