Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
missionaryman101

My Acne/Scar Pictures...

Hi,

I don't think that looks so bad. A lot of that looks superficial, meaning it shouldn't scar.

What are you currently using on your skin? And have you seen a derm?

ur pictures show red x's.

Geocities is *edited*...dont put ur images on geocities.

use a SPECIFIC picture hosting service.

such as yahoo pictures or Photobucket - there other ones out there too.

ur redmarks are similar to mine. i got off tane a month ago, and i looked very similar. Mine have faded a wee bit and arnt as red but they still are there. When i got off my indents looked really obvious. Now the skin is starting to surface again so indents and crap arnt that visible.

If you find a solution to get rid of redmarks, tell me.....cause ive had it up to here with them.

Ive had acne for about 6 years... this is the worst its ever been!!!

Ive done minocycline twice, benzamycin and retin A.... The first time, benzamycin and mino cleared me up for about 2 years but then the acne came back last year when i started drinking hardcore.... Since last year its been a constant battle and two months ago, my face got the worst ever and its slowly healing, as evidenced by those pictures...

Im dealing wiht mostly red marks, scars... active acne is dying down but i still get a few breakouts along my upper lip and forehead and nose....

What can I do?!?!

Im doing:

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar (Cleanser)

Undiluted ACV (Toner)

Niacinamide Gel (Topical at Night)

w/

MSM, Calcium/Magnesium, Liver Supplement (Milk Thistle etc.), Multivitamin, Probiotics and CleanseSmart Detox/Cleanse pills for 1 month...

Please any advice apprechiated!

Definitely take care of the acne before starting any scar treatments. There's several acne forums on this board that you might want to check out.

Missionary, before you start on any scar treatments, make sure your acne is under control. Like you, I've tried tons of stuff. The only medication that ever worked for me was Accutane and Septra(also known as Bactrium and other names). I am not saying that you should go ahead with these but to take these into consideration later down the road should you continue to breakout. Both of these medication require blood work to be done, with Accutane blood work usually for once a month for the first 3-4 months, and Septra is once every 6 months...at least that's how it was for me. Looking at your pics, I can see that you have scars/red marks very similar to mine. Right now I am using Exfol Serum and Copper Peptide Serum and seeing some changes in my skin, but not enough.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

If you wanna gamble....

1. Needling (have not tried it myself...still looking for reputable aesthetician in my area).

2. TCA (try 12.5%-25% for spot treatment)

3. Hydroquinone/retina micro for reducing red marks (my personal opinion)

4. Dan's BP to control the outbreak

5. Lactic acid (I'm doing 40% if you are careful you can perhaps go to 50%) for overall complexion

6. Three to four series of Smoothbeam (DO this LAST)

This applies to all of us...all the treatment will NOT 100% your scars, but they will bring IMPROVEMENT to your face which is what you should focus on.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

not sure- i got it through the pharmacy

Thanks for deleting those posts... I didnt know how to do it!

Anyways, does anyone think Im a candidate for accutane???

I dont like getting outbreaks in the front part of my face (forehead, nose, upper lip, chin).. the cheeks are getting better, I can feel my skin getting better but its day to day... Im right on the edge...

Should I just screw everything and go for accutane? Thats what many derms have suggested

Thanks for deleting those posts... I didnt know how to do it!

Anyways, does anyone think Im a candidate for accutane???

I dont like getting outbreaks in the front part of my face (forehead, nose, upper lip, chin).. the cheeks are getting better, I can feel my skin getting better but its day to day... Im right on the edge...

Should I just screw everything and go for accutane? Thats what many derms have suggested

You should think yourself lucky compared to me. I had fucked up infected acne for ages. when I started on roaccutane it made things a lot worse before they got better. after a while though it completly got rid of my acne but Im left with very bad scars. I would reccomend you to start off on a small dosage if you can 10-15mg a day. Just to clarify, its called roaccutane here in the U.K, I assume your talking about accutane which i think is the same thing isnt it?

They give free samples?? I can't seem to find where on the website.

A word of warning though;

Red marks do not respond to hydroquinone.

I know this, because

A ) I tried hydroquinone products for 2 months. No success with red marks

and

B ) Red/Purple scars do not contain melanin pigment, therefore they cannot respond to bleaching agents such as hydroquinone. Hydroquinone is made for brown spots, such as age spots and freckles.

Save your money!

I know this, because

and

B ) Red/Purple scars do not contain melanin pigment, therefore they cannot respond to bleaching agents such as hydroquinone. Hydroquinone is made for brown spots, such as age spots and freckles.

Save your money!

I know this, because

and

Save your money!