Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple Cider Vinegar

My first day with ACV. I got it in the mail and screamed "YAY." Boy was I wrong. This so far is not "yay" at all. I took about a shotglass worth. Watering it down even to 1:50 is not good, so I ended up taking a shotglass full and having yoghurt straight after, and those few milliseconds in between, worst taste of my life.

I can honestly say I have never tasted anything worse.

I also put some on my face, used a folded over handee towel (paper towel), feels nice, dries fast, is this as good as or better than Benzoyl?? If so, it will really speed up my regimen!

Also started taking a B complex, zinc, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B. I will also be taking pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) in rather high doses as soon as it arrives from USA.

Does anybody have any tips?? I'll let you know how I go. Also, I have the filtered version, because I can not get the normal one, this is intended for health benefits (this particular brand) so I suppose it'l be fine.

I have a question: They don't sell ACV in New Zealand?

Anyway, Ive been taking ACV daily for a few months, and you just have to bear it. I have found that Im less constipated and my skin has looked better, slightly , but better since I started taking it. I don't use it externally, I use tretinoin.

Are you using any other topicals?

Apple Cider Vinegar

My first day with ACV. I got it in the mail and screamed "YAY." Boy was I wrong. This so far is not "yay" at all. I took about a shotglass worth. Watering it down even to 1:50 is not good, so I ended up taking a shotglass full and having yoghurt straight after, and those few milliseconds in between, worst taste of my life.

I can honestly say I have never tasted anything worse.

I also put some on my face, used a folded over handee towel (paper towel), feels nice, dries fast, is this as good as or better than Benzoyl?? If so, it will really speed up my regimen!

Also started taking a B complex, zinc, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B. I will also be taking pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) in rather high doses as soon as it arrives from USA.

Does anybody have any tips?? I'll let you know how I go. Also, I have the filtered version, because I can not get the normal one, this is intended for health benefits (this particular brand) so I suppose it'l be fine.

I seriously wouldn't recommend taking shot glasses. I dilute mine a lot (1 Tablespoon to a 12 oz bottle of water). Taking it full strength is going to hurt your throat and your teeth and stomach. Not to mention, like you said, it's disgusting! The more I dilute it, the easier it is to drink it and it actually taste yummy. A lot of people like to add honey, agave, or stevia to make it tasty, too. Try that.

Comparison with Benzoyl? WAY better, in my opinion. I replaced Benzoyl 10% with ACV in my routine a couple weeks ago. It's so much more effective at quickly healing acne and fading red spots. Even if it doesn't totally cure my acne, it's sooo much better than anything chemical I've ever put on my face, Benzoyl included.

I honestly didn't find the taste to be that bad. Yeah, the first time I tasted it, I thought it was pretty bad. But, after that I started to put it in water and it really wasn't a big deal.

I don't have terrible acne - but enough to warrant some kind of treatment. In the past three months, I've tried everything - oral meds like doxy and solodyn and topical meds like clindamycin, benzaclin, and differin. I had bad allergic reactions to the oral meds - shortness of breath, increased heart rate, panic attacks, anxiety. The topical medications gave me terrible rashes and dry skin. The rashes eventually became really raised, red and pimpley. Moisturizer could not even mask it. Not only was I suffering from pimples, but all the medications put my skin in a terrible, dry state. My cheeks would sting when I put moisturizer. My neck became very dry, bumpy, and turned a slightly darker color. I soon became more self conscious about my dry skin than my pimples! My dermatologist was like "If you want to clear up your pimples, you have to go through all this" - With that in mind, I put in a good effort to use the the topical creams - but it just seemed to make things worse. The dry skin, the pimples, the redness, the raised bumps - it just kept on spreading each day. The quality of my skin was getting worse by the day AND I was still getting acne! I finally decided to stop several days ago, so that my skin can just heal.

Anyways, since all medications were useless, I decided to explore a more 'natural remedy' - Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). Basically, I drink 2 tablespoons of ACV in a large glass of water and honey - once in the morning and once at night. I use a straw to protect my teeth, and then I'll rinse my mouth thoroughly when I am finished. The addition of honey to the mixture makes the drinks tastey and enjoyable. My only concern is what prolonged drinking would do to my insides. Braggs ACV recommends drinking 2 teaspoons in 8oz of water 3 times a day. So it can't be that bad - but regardless, I'd rather not have one more issue on my place. Has anyone had any side effects by drinking ACV over a period of time? Perhaps, I'll dilute my mixture more.

Also, I'm using 2 tablespoons of ACV and 2 tablespoons of water and applying it on my face in the morning and night. I mix the two liquids and spread it all over my face with a cotton ball. I let it sit on my face for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with luke warm water. If I go out, I'll wash the ACV off with Cetaphil so I don't smell. I don't use any other cleansers and I don't apply any BP. The ACV does not dry out my skin at all. I notice a slight redness when i apply the mixture, but it does not burn or anything.

Overall, I'm pleased with this regimen, though it is too soon to say that it actually HELPED my acne. Since I stopped using the creams, the dry skin and rashes have been slowly improving. After I take a shower, my face isn't covered with dry flakes anymore, and I can get away with not moisturizing if I wanted to. I've been getting a few pimples - but these pimples are all very superficial (not that deep down, painful s*it) and are usually gone within a day or two. If the ACV is working on my acne, then it is allowing me to do so without severely drying out my skin, which is a def plus. My skin just feels smoother and healthier. Maybe my skin improved because I stopped using harsh creams and cleansers. Maybe its because I'm drinking ACV or cleansing with ACV. I don't know myself - but I am going to continue doing this for now. Hopefully, this regimen will prevent any future break outs or anything like that.

If you decide to drink the ACV, I recommend getting BRAGGS ACV. When I first found out about ACV, I immediately ran downstairs to the corner bodega and bought HEINZ ACV 5% acidity. hahaha. Heinz ACV STINKKKKKKKS real bad - and the taste is soo strong. Braggs ACV, which is also 5%, does not smell nearly as strong and it tastes somewhat better.

Also, I've noticed that my digestive system has been working well! I'll just say that much ! ha