Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J_29

New To Accutane

I started Accutane (40 mg) yesterday (march 30). I have been moisturizing with clindisal and putting nivea cream around my eyes and vaseline on my lips before I get really dry. . I there a gentle facewash that anyone can recommend while on this medication. Im just using a mary kay face wash now but i dont really like it. The only side effects that I have really had is slight itching all over but mostly on my face. I dont really have dry skin yet, i am just preparing. I know its different for everyone but how long for you did it take till the dryness started. I havnt noticed mood changes, i am just more tired than usual.

I just started a week ago and im on (80 mgs) a day and im starting to see the dryness on my lips and face

good luck =]

i started on 15th march, i have dry lips, and my skin started to be dry too, i use lipbalm, moisturizer, sun block , and my cleanser is prescribed by my dermo, AGERA. it's gentle and especially for who are taking accutane.

good luck

im 2 1/2 months into my course, and the whole time ive used cetaphil, however the past couple days i have been using dove soap, the sensitive skin kind. its a bar soap but really moisturizing. the reviews on this site and really high and so far it seems to be living up to its expectations. id give it a try for 2 bars it was about 3$ at target

ive been on roaccutane for almost two months now and i didnt start to experience any dryness till maybe the 3 or fourth week ....but everyone is different. oh and btw the dryness wasnt that bad, im still using the md formulations like i always have. i have felt a lot more tired since i started the treatment though.....