Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a cyst that has 'popped' a dozen times or so but just keeps coming back with a vengence.It is located near the tailbone and im having trouble sitting down comfortably.I've taken a no-hands approach to it except for when applying topical stuff(which havent worked).

I think im about ready to take a raw blade to it and just rip it open.If it leaves a bad scar so be it.Its annoying the hell out of me.

Any other suggestions ?

Have you seen a doc or derm about it?? Maybe you can look into getting a cortisone injection for it.

If nothing else works, then go with what jc said...I don't know what else you should do, since you tried topicals and everything else.

This sounds like a pilonidal cyst, formed by ingrowing hairs. I had one when I was 18, and needed surgery to have it removed. Unfortunately, surgery is the only "cure", and it does take some time to heal (in my case, about 4 months), but I did not have any pain.

Go see your doctor.

All the best

Richard

I somehow think it is probably not "acne" unless you are used to having acne in that part of your body. I have never had pimples on my lower back.

I would see a doctor as soon as possible. Good luck!