Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girlface15

the reason why we have acne

i can't really say this is true but this is how i see it. anyway, i've read alot of posts of people saying 'i'd be pretty if i didn't have acne' or 'acne makes me humble' and stuff like that. in a way i think that if we have acne its because perhaps if we didn't have to suffer with it we'd be mean people. not really mean but like superficial or evil [dont know how to explain myself]. you guys are probably thinking 'wtf??' but yeah have you ever wondered what it would be like if you didn't have acne? i often think to myself what i'd be like if i didn't anything to care about and it kind of scares me. acne makes us see and go through what we couldn't have gone through and experienced if we were clear. i think having acne will pay off to all of us in the end because by the time we are old and wise we will realize that it wasn't really such a bad thing because you learned to be nice, caring, understanding, humble, etc. person.

*everytime i see a person with acne i think to myself 'he/she must have a good life/family'..why?

okay would you rather be as you are now or having severe acne living in a third world country struggling for food and stuff. because i take it that all of us sitting on the computer and checking up on this site must have a decent life since since we have the luxory of doing this. im sorry if this posts gets you guys mad :confused: . if you kind of know what im talking about reply and help me summarize my thoughts that i put together so badly. :ninja:

i see what ur sayin, my acne is fck up but i always think to myself that i could be in a third world country with no money for accutane. srry other lamos couldnt post

i see what ur sayin, my acne is fck up but i always think to myself that i could be in a third world country with no money for accutane. srry other lamos couldnt post

Yeah, I totally agree with your logic. I remember back in high school the "perfect" people with clear skin would make fun of the kids with acne, calling them pizza face, making remarks about playing connect the dots, etc. I had zero respect for those people.

Thankfully I didn't suffer with acne in high school, but I have the occasional breakout with the stress of college now. Grrr! When I didn't have acne I never made fun of anyone. I'm sure those inconsiderate people back in high school would have been nicer if they had to deal with the physical and emotional stress of acne.

I have always taken pride in being respectful to everyone. There's always someone in the world who has it worse off then you or I. Acne is nothing in comparison to living with a terminal illness, not being able to feed your family, etc..

I take whatever life throws at me and make the best of it. :dance:

i think having acne will pay off to all of us in the end because by the time we are old and wise we will realize that it wasn't really such a bad thing because you learned to be nice, caring, understanding, humble, etc. person.

Could be true for most of us. You can always learn something through personal adversity. Strong chance that we will come out to be better people in the end.

if we have acne its because perhaps if we didn't have to suffer with it we'd be mean people

Why do you have to blame the person for their acne? There are only so many suitations where someone might have acne because of their own actions.

Acne is there, it is no reflection upon their person, good people have acne, bad people have acne, rapists have acne, near-saints have acne, old people have acne, babies have acne, grand mothers have acne. Hell even fucking american actors have acne.

That is the trival head cluster fuck that is acne - it ruins your appearance, without any reason.

You can blame yourself after, "Yeah I probably deserved this" - that is like a rapist saying to a rape victim, "Yeah that short skirt was the reason I raped you".

Shall I cut off my arm, because I know full well I would not stop a robbery?

Shall I cut off my legs because I won't run after a person who stole a handbag?

Shall I cut out my eyes, ...

Maybe when I'm done with this acne ordeal. I will feel the way you say, but now I feel like acne is the worst thing that can ever happen to anybody. I feel like crap. My love life is non-existent.

:wall:

in 3rd world countries they don't care about acne. the only reason people care about acne here is because advertisements depict women with flawless skin.. when's the last time you saw someone on tv with even the most miniscule zit?

in 3rd world countries they don't care about acne. the only reason people care about acne here is because advertisements depict women with flawless skin.. when's the last time you saw someone on tv with even the most miniscule zit?

Since I got HDTV? :lol:

Actually, sadly you'll find most people care about appearance without a regard to economic status, your ethnocentrism is showing! :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7886089.stm

Pinki was teased and ostracised by society...

Oh yeah, feeling the love.

so what you are really saying is acne is a gift. i have a hard time believing that. i've met many wonderful kind people who never had acne. and some jerks who did. why, one of the most henious serial killers, ken bianchi, the hillside strangler, had terrible acne. did it make him a better person.

i'm sorry, but acne, for most people is a curse, not a blessing. it robs you of self esteem, makes you angry. i don't think those are positive atributes.

just my opinion

i can't really say this is true but this is how i see it. anyway, i've read alot of posts of people saying 'i'd be pretty if i didn't have acne' or 'acne makes me humble' and stuff like that. in a way i think that if we have acne its because perhaps if we didn't have to suffer with it we'd be mean people. not really mean but like superficial or evil [dont know how to explain myself]. you guys are probably thinking 'wtf??' but yeah have you ever wondered what it would be like if you didn't have acne? i often think to myself what i'd be like if i didn't anything to care about and it kind of scares me. acne makes us see and go through what we couldn't have gone through and experienced if we were clear. i think having acne will pay off to all of us in the end because by the time we are old and wise we will realize that it wasn't really such a bad thing because you learned to be nice, caring, understanding, humble, etc. person.

*everytime i see a person with acne i think to myself 'he/she must have a good life/family'..why?

okay would you rather be as you are now or having severe acne living in a third world country struggling for food and stuff. because i take it that all of us sitting on the computer and checking up on this site must have a decent life since since we have the luxory of doing this. im sorry if this posts gets you guys mad :confused: . if you kind of know what im talking about reply and help me summarize my thoughts that i put together so badly. :ninja:

I really like your point of view.

From a more theological standpoint,

perhaps God's intervening to teach us a lesson.

I don't know...

It's just,

I know I tended to be superficial, and judgmental of people and their ailments (whatever they might be).

Then I turned 16 and started getting acne all over.

I don't know how long it'll last, but I do know that in the past year I've learned a lot about myself, and how I view others. I hate acne, and am feeling it's full-blown psychological effects. Life feels centered around it. Every time I feel a new zit coming up, I sink into a depression. My day directly depends on how good or bad my skin. I just want some damn consistency!

Anyway,

since my bout with acne began, i've had a lot more empathy with sufferers of any sort of disfiguring disease. My heart goes out to them because I know how hard it is in a world that demands beauty and perfection.

I don't turn my nose up at people anymore.

I feel a connection, and I want to console them, befriend them, rather than turn away.

In the end, however corny this sounds, God loves us, and does what's best for us, even though we sometimes can't understand it.

Of course,

these are just things I've been pondering and how I'm trying to view it all in a more optimistic sense.

I just thought I'd share it with you all.

And, like you said,

we could be worse off.

We could have perfect skin, and be penniless in the streets.

I'll take my ugly, zitty skin over that any day!

Count your blessings!

:)

girlface: You're right! Having a computer, internet access, and leisure time to type on a message board IS a luxury.

That young girl with a cleft palate was ostracized in India; she'd have been ostracized here, too. Children all over the world are cruel to each other. Some people never grow out of that cruelty, that desire to hurt others to feel better about themselves.

I think that some people may actually be more humble because they have acne or scarring; they might be less likely to humiliate others for physical appearances.

robochristiano: i know what you mean i was the same way but now i couldn't care less about what other people look like now, i mean i didnt really care before but now that i know how it feels and everything totally changes my point of view.

**to the people who ask themselves why won't god help them..yea he has in a way actually.for example;; you have a home you can hide in and a computer to vent, where people with the same problems can help you and each other.

we have acne because we have, as well as there are many people out there who has aids, cancer, flu. We live in a world full of good and bad things, illnesses and cures for many of them. Thats just the way it is, you can live in the shittiest conditions and not have a single pimple or being born in the most developed country under the cleaniest environment ever and be full of acne. Those kids who are born poor would love to trade their clean faces for some of the food of your fridge. Btw, not trying to offend anybody but religion got nothing to do with it, nor that ''god wants to test us'' BS, thats something we would like to believe to feel better.(yes, i dont believe in gawd)

i understand what your saying, but i dont really agree. i know id be the same person i am now, just wayyy more confident. id love to be in drama club, but my skin is what holds me back.

The reason why we have acne is due to the genetic roll of the dice. We lost this time.

It is an interesting thing we humans do, trying to rationalize and find meaning and purpose in everything. There are plenty of humble, nice, caring etc. people with perfect skin that did not need be taught this "lesson" or receive this "punishment" lest they become terrible people.

I generally feel the opposite. People are likely worse off for having acne. We miss out on events, self esteem can plummet, potential unfulfilled in a world of limitless options. There are always lessons to be learned in events and conditions, but skin problems have had a much greater negative impact on my life than any positive. It is all perspective, though, we see what we want to see.

I totally see what you mean. Like, since I know what it's like to hate how I look and still get teased, I make sure I never do that to people. I think I'd be a good person without it, too, but I also think that since I have it, I'm more sensitive about things. Not that I think it made me much of a better person... I have family issues because of it, because I get upset and angry and make my parents mad. It definately didn't do good there. Plus social issues.... but I do see what you're saying, and it's good that you can be positive.

well i mean i know probably acne is reallly because of genetics or wahtever...but okay you guys know theres people out there with perfect skin but you dont know what they go through. in my history teachers class she has a saying posted on the white board saying something like 'dont judge people because they may be fighting a harder battle than you think' or something like that....what im trying to say is that like even if a person seems completly perfect in the outside they may be dealing with even harder obstacles in their lives

you mean as in destiny? than I guess. but to me I only believe in choices.

I feel like acne doesn't really mean anything.

We wouldn't be mean it really has to do with if you were taught a certain thing.

I would say before acne I was actually nicer. So I think acne doesn't work in making you a nicer person.

Acne I feel is either something you can either control or something you can't. In my case it was probably my body telling me it's had enough of my bad treatment since childhood since I had it in 6th grade or so and how I needed to be healthy but of course I didn't listen time after time.