Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi anyone who reads this,

This isn't really for anyone else except me. I don't know much about acne but this is my way of expressing myself during my attempt at a consistent regimen. I hope that if I write once a day I'll keep things up.

I'm 19, British, fair skinned and have had problem skin since about 12. Never really admitted it to myself until about a year ago. I'm going traveling to South America and Africa in 2 months time and I'd like to have clearer skin by then.

I've learnt a couple of things so far:

• MAC makeup makes me break out. I need to find new makeup.
  • I'm rubbish at sticking to routine

I'll update that list as I go along :)

Steph xxx

OK Day 1, 1st April.

Determined to keep up with this. This will show my regimen, then all further posts I'll detail the day :)

AM:

Wash with Boots Tea tree and Witchazel foaming face wash

Topical Savlon

During Day:

45mg Zinc supplement

1x Dianette pill

PM:

Wash with Boots Tea tree and Witchazel foaming face wash

BP

Boots Tea tree and Witchazel moisturizer

Day 1 Comments

I'm optimistic today. I didn't wear makeup as I worked from home. BP felt a little warm after I applied it, and I'm not sure about the moisturizer so I may change it. I might mix things up now and again and use things like Olive oil or ACV topically, but we'll see. Today I used a couple of drops of Tea Tree and a few drops of olive oil topically on my chin.

Day 2!

Kept to my regimen. Skin is a little dry and tightens with BP. Some of my spots have become a bit more pronounced - I guess it has to get worse before it gets better?

Apologies for not writing for a while, I've been ever so busy!

Regimen is still going strong, except for Zinc (made me a little nauseous) and I'm really noticing the positive results already!!!

I'm changing to Simple moisturizer so I'll let you know how that goes. I'm also investigating ideas for getting rid of my red marks. The spots themselves are disappearing fast but I still have red marks.

But so far, so good. :)

Day 14

I'm feeling so much better about my skin. It's only been two weeks and I've had some really positive results. I no longer have to go to the loo about 6 times a day to check the mirror. It takes so much less time to dust a small amount of makeup on my face. YAY.

I still have lots of red marks, and I can feel a couple of spots under my skin, but I guess they will fade with time.

Gave my skin a rest from BP last night.

Will keep you updated.

Day 16

Am now upping my dosage slightly of BP. To give you an idea I use about a finger-length worth (i squeeze the tube so it runs the length of my forefinger) of BP.

I'm getting itchy skin...not sure if it's the BP or the Simple Moisturizer that's doing it....

But. Still no new breakout, and scars are slooooowly fading.

Well it's Day 19 and I've had the worst day.

My skin went all tough and I got really red and blotchy. Spent most of the day with a cold compress and many tears. I'm not sure if its the BP or the new moisturizer (i suspect the moisturizer) so I'm going to carry on with the BP ONLY ON MY CHIN (my problem area) for the next couple of days, then decide what to do next.

Urgh. today was horrible. I dread to think what my skin will be like tomorrow.