Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
modwanderer

Coming back to post the good news

unfortunately, while my skin seemed to be clearing up, many parts of my skin are beginning to become extremely dry to the point in which they're like solid red, inflamed patches. when i apply moisturizer (even with the jojoba oil i bought in hopes of reducing the redness), these red zones on my face still feels like it's burning. the redness usually subsides within an hour but i feel that i need to stop use of BP. maybe i used too much BP from the very beginning and my skin is having a hard time recovering from the use.

i will try again until my skin feels like it's ready.

PS. i grew 3 more red zits on my lower left neck.

i started with neutrogena on the spot for 2 days before receiving the acne.org BP. i started NOTS with 1 index finger strip and it didnt seem dry at all. after receiving the acne.org BP, i started using 2 pumps twice a day (as prescribed). gradually, i noticed my skin, esp. the area right below my the my mouth on the lower right to be extremely dry. this zone eventually turned extremely red. even right now, it's still just as red as it was an hour earlier. i eventually started reducing the use of BP from 2 pumps to 1 pump and ultimately half a pump a day, and the same areas on my face are still heavily red.

You're not supposed to start with two pumps. You're supposed to start out with about half a pump (or half a finger's worth) and work your way up to two pumps over the course of a month or two.

http://www.acne.org/finger.html

Give your skin some time to heal, and then you can try again. Start slowly, with much less BP.

i started with neutrogena on the spot for 2 days before receiving the acne.org BP. i started NOTS with 1 index finger strip and it didnt seem dry at all. after receiving the acne.org BP, i started using 2 pumps twice a day (as prescribed). gradually, i noticed my skin, esp. the area right below my the my mouth on the lower right to be extremely dry. this zone eventually turned extremely red. even right now, it's still just as red as it was an hour earlier. i eventually started reducing the use of BP from 2 pumps to 1 pump and ultimately half a pump a day, and the same areas on my face are still heavily red.

how did NOTS work for you for those 2 days?

hey, i thought i should come back on this old post. my face is basically acne-free. thanks acne.org. i started using this again after my face recovered from the redness a little over a month ago, at ONE pump every night (so just once a day), and this worked for me. the right side of my face which was prone to bumpiness/whiteheads is now pretty smooth and the comedones on my forehead are literally gone. thank you so much dan! my face cleared up SIGNIFICANTLY and there hasnt been a zit on my face (that i know of) for the past month.

Hey man, good to see your skin has cleared up. I am about to order the regimen but I already have dry, red skin patches on my right cheek using one cleanser and I was wondering what you did to get rid of yours? Did you just wait? Was there a type of moisteriser you used?

Thanks.

i only used the moisturizer/acne.org BP once a day. i didnt feel like i needed to in the morning so i never did.

basically this whole month, i used the products the website prescribed/recommended. i used the basis sensitive skin bar soap and let my face dry for maybe 5 min. then i would apply the acne.org BP with ONE FULL pump. i applied it all over my face, but i avoided an area on my chin because i had major overdryness problems there. of the FULL pump though, i gave a little more BP to my trouble areas. anyway, after that, i waited maybe 10-15 min for it to fully dry and i applied the moisturizer WITH jojoba oil (acne.org's jojoba oil). i put 3 drops of the oil onto my moisturizer, which was the acne.org recommended Oil of Olay for sensitive skin. then i went to bed. good luck.

to answer your question, i just waited for the red patches to subside. i discontinued use of the acne.org regimen until the redness subsided.