Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alethia

Tried Acidophilus for Acne?

I started taking acidophilus a few days ago, because it's supposed to be good for the digestion system and acne. It's a probiotic that provides good bacteria and discourages growth of bad bacteria.

I've always been super constipated and now, less than a week taking this stuff, I'm having BM twice a day. That in itself is a real victory for me. But I'm thinking that since the intestinal function and acne can be very, very connected that this is bound to really help acne, too. I haven't been taking it long enough to know for sure, but I will keep you updated.

Anyone else tried this?

I started taking acidophilus a few days ago, because it's supposed to be good for the digestion system and acne. It's a probiotic that provides good bacteria and discourages growth of bad bacteria.

I've always been super constipated and now, less than a week taking this stuff, I'm having BM twice a day. That in itself is a real victory for me. But I'm thinking that since the intestinal function and acne can be very, very connected that this is bound to really help acne, too. I haven't been taking it long enough to know for sure, but I will keep you updated.

Anyone else tried this?

I've been taking acidophilus for about 3 years now... On and off for 2 of those years, and straight for this past year. I used to get a lot of UTI's when I was in highschool but since taking acidophilus I haven't experienced only 1. I also have not gotten sick in quite a while. The unfortunate thing is that I haven't seen it really help with my skin. I also have regular BMs - I'm not sure if this is because of the acidphilus or my fiber intake. I'm glad that you're regular though! Acidophilus is definately a great thing to add to your regimine.

I've been taking acidophilus for about 3 years now... On and off for 2 of those years, and straight for this past year. I used to get a lot of UTI's when I was in highschool but since taking acidophilus I haven't experienced only 1. I also have not gotten sick in quite a while. The unfortunate thing is that I haven't seen it really help with my skin. I also have regular BMs - I'm not sure if this is because of the acidphilus or my fiber intake. I'm glad that you're regular though! Acidophilus is definately a great thing to add to your regimine.

That's interesting! Thanks for sharing. Have you figured out what causes your acne, then? Is it triggered by diet at all, or is it just from hormones (or something else)?