Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SkinCareByScience.com Acne Lights

I just got my SkinCareByScience acne light and I have been using it for 3 days. So far I haven't noticed much, but I will keep using it and come on every now and then to say what's happening. I'm supposed to use it for a couple months before I see a real difference.

My friend has one and says it works, so I'll trust that.

Edited by 90805

I have been using the blue and red lights for a little over 2 weeks and I have noticed that I am NOT getting many new zits, some of my old ones are still there, but not getting worse. This is good because I stopped all acne products except the lights.

It is working as it says; that it will take time for the old ones to go away, and eventually my skin will get more consistant.

So far so good. :dance:

Its now been 2 months and the lights are working really good. I am very happy with my skin. I use them every morning and night. I am not using any other products including any soap.

My routine:

Morning:

1. I wash my face in the morning with warm water and a wash cloth to exfoliate

2. Shine the blue and red lights as directed

3. Apply lotion with sun block

Evening:

1. I rinse my face with cold water

2. Shine the blue and red lights

That's all I do, and it is working great. My skin is very clear now. I did have a time when I was using the lights and I started to break out. I couldn't figure out why it stopped working as well, and then I realized that I was not using lotion daily, and had stopped drinking water during the day. I think my skin was dry and I was dehydrated because once I started that back up, my skin cleared up in a week. Now I make sure I drink water and use lotion and my skin looks good.

I hope others have the same results, my skin had medium acne.

3 months . . . .

I figured I'd give another update. My skin has been very consistent and I'm happy with the results, and I don't really expect much to change with my skin from now on. I plan on this being my skin treatment forever I guess. I did get a zit that I was leaving alone, but today didn't. It would have just hovered under the skin if I would've let it. Anyway, one is not bad, and I've gotten used to them disappearing fairly quickly.

The lights are still working good. I skim them over my face now twice a day and don't shine them as long as before - mostly out of impatient. I do shine them a little longer over past problem areas, or if I see a little zip.

Nothing new really. I will write in a month or so, but don't expect much to change. I would recommend them if you're interested.

Edited by 90805

Interesting stuff indeed, but I really don't think you are for real. Your only posts on this forum are of this product and site, almost as you were trying to promote them. No thanks.

Interesting stuff indeed, but I really don't think you are for real. Your only posts on this forum are of this product and site, almost as you were trying to promote them. No thanks.

Actually, I heard about their lights on here and talked to a friend about it, who bought them before me. The only way I know about them is from people writing here, but you have to use your own judgment. I am happy, and although I would like to be able to afford facials every 6 weeks - another friends skin care plan - I'll stick with this for now.

Actually, I heard about their lights on here and talked to a friend about it, who bought them before me. The only way I know about them is from people writing here, but you have to use your own judgment. I am happy, and although I would like to be able to afford facials every 6 weeks - another friends skin care plan - I'll stick with this for now.

I am sorry but how does shining a light on your face less than a min a day get rid of acne and blemishes? Makes no sense to me and to pay that much for pretty much a flash light? It says it uses LED's. So i can go buy a LED bulb for my mini mag light and expect to achieve the same results right? This seems a bit unrealistic.

You should read the scientific articles to make an informed decision. Our skin cells are photosensitive just like plants.

Edited by 90805

Apparently Spatabulous is now SkinCareByScience.com

Anyway, you should read the scientific articles to make an informed decision. Our skin cells are photosensitive just like plants.

You should edit your first page so people don't go to the site and leave thinking the company has dissolved.

My two cents.

Thanks for the post

Thanks Progression, I edited my previous posts.

I have also found that sweating with exercise seems to help my skin - maybe by cleaning out my pores. I have a clean towel I wipe my face with while working out.

Edited by 90805