Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shannieee

What do dermatologists usually perscribe?

For moderate body acne, and body acne scarring, I'm going on April 23rd of my body acne

and how long do you think it will take to make it go away? It kinda has to be gone by june 13th, because of my graduation... Do you think it will go away by then

I also have a mild acne problem on my face... I was on differin, that worked, but after eight months I was still getting acne, so I got a new derm

What would you suggest I use until the 23rd to keep my acne at bay?

it has to be something over the counter

Thanks so much!

much love

xxx

Its not your derms fault you were still getting acne and that the differin didnt work for you! That isnt cool to fire your derm over that! You couldve just waited patiently and gotten something else. You have to work with your derm not again him or her.

It takes more than two months for acne to be completely gone from acne medication.

For moderate body acne, and body acne scarring, [...] It kinda has to be gone by june 13th, because of my graduation... Do you think it will go away by then

Hmmm... considering it's a moderate case (vs. a mild one) and there's scarring involved, I don't think your June 13th is a very realistic goal deadline. Not impossible, but I think it'll be tough to have it all gone by then.

I was on differin, that worked, but after eight months I was still getting acne, so I got a new derm

lol. Ouch.

What would you suggest I use until the 23rd to keep my acne at bay?

it has to be something over the counter

I recommend using Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash (it contains salicylic acid) in the shower. Work it into a lather, then use a wash cloth to work it into even more of a lather. Then, riinse. Once you've dried yourself, apply Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion. It's what I use and find that it's fairly effective. But I only have relatively mild body acne. :\

Im sorry I snapped at you yesterday. You hadnt mentioned your derm doesnt listen to you and that you were on antibiotics for eight months. I will say though that there is no cure for acne. Just because differin doesnt get rid of your acne altogether doesnt mean its not working. Topicals for acne only keep your acne at bay, they dont make it so you never get a pimple ever again

This is interesting information, I have an appointment in two weeks and i'm really hoping that my derm will set me on the right path to clear skin. I am trying to be optimistic. I'm also trying to cover all of my bases with nutrition, supplements, topicals, and maybe antibiotics when I go to my derm.