Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrettyInPink1234

Retin A Log

So here's my deal....24 year old female, never had bad acne until I was 21. Have had my hormones tested several times, bc it has always been thought they were the culprit...always within normal range (?) So I was in good control until last September, when I had a horrible breakout. It was awful, HUGE cysts like I have never seen before, uncoverable. All I could think about at work were them and I never wanted to go anywhere. Well, as depicted below, after about two months I started getting my acne under control again with the help of retin a micro .04%. Was doing pretty well, still having occassional period related breakouts. Retin A Micro was the only thing I was using, and only washing my face with purpose cleanser. So, recently I added topical clindamycin and using 10% BP wash...it's still too soon to tell if it is helping or not. I do have alot of thanks to give to retin a micro tho. I have posted my pics, starting with day one of retin a (last sept) the next pic is 4 weeks later (my initial breakout was pretty bad) then every pic after that is about a month later. Currently, I have a good amount of scarring to deal with. I believe they are primarily rolling scars. May or may not be able to see them in the pics...you do have to catch them on the right angle and lighting. I also still have alot of hyperpigmentation, I have just recently started to see improvement in them and omg it's 6 months later, those are truly worse than the acne itself! Anyways, I am just sharing my story, and also looking for advice on what you guys think I should do for my scars and hyperpigmentation. Thanks for reading! Also, sorry about my pics....they arent the best quality and I dont have photoshop or anything so I had to use paint.....

post-86090-1238524895_thumb.jpg

post-86090-1238524895_thumb.jpg