Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

seems like a week ago i was hearing a lot about this. now it has died out. is anyone still taking them? results? anything?

Well they were the big thing a week ago, and a ton of posts were made in the last couple weeks about them. But do to the hack, we lost all those posts. I don't think anyone feels like reposting all the info on them. However I will gladly answer any and all questions I can relating to it. xGamerx also knows ample amounts about it so feel free to ask.

As far as how it's going. I'm still taking them. But it's still to early to say how my results are. I'm deffinetely seeing improvement, so I'm very hopeful. However, my regimen is different than most others, so it would be unfair to say that gugulipids are my miracle vitamin.

yeah i just recieved mine from Swanson. I am taking 2 aday with meals. also b-complex,zinc and fish oils. i am trying to avoid all topicals because they make my spots last longer and redder. i also eat a lot of vit C via fruits. let me know if i am on the right path.

I started taking them today. Even if they don't help your acne, they will help to lower your LDL cholesterol...that's good enough reason to take them smile.gif

As with any natural supplement,

a) Results may vary

b ) Results can take up to several months to be significant

c) Slow and Steady is the name of the game (Patience is a virtue).

Gugulipid is my current supplement of choice for acne.

I just bought guggul, its from Himalaya Pure Herbs... the dose is 250mg, should I take just one a day or start with one a day and work it to 2 a day?

The scientific study done administered 25 mg guggulsterones twice daily for 3 months. This means that 50 guggulsterones were given each day.

Now, I have 1000mg capsules gugulipid with 2.5% standardized guggulsterones. This means each tablet of mine has 25 mg of guggulsterones. According to the scientific study, I should take 2 capsules a day.

However, you only have 250 mg of guggul. That is a problem for you. In order to follow the study (assuming 2.5% standardization), you will need to take 8 tablets a day in order to attain 50 mg of gugulsterones.

Can you suggest a place where i could buy the higher dosage? I looked at swansons but the results came back with nothing...

Yeah swanson is very picky. If you type "gugulipids" (note the s) than it will yield nothing. But yeah, make sure you order two. Cuz you gotta give it atleast two months before you can decide if it works or not!

I'm doing it! It's part of the regimen I've created. Since they are very different in substance, both will do their job, but in a different way. See I feel that pantethine and gugulipids are only really a fifty percent cure on their own, so i combined the two to see what happens.

I'm taking them but even if they "do" work i wont' be to sure because i'm trying different things all at the same time. I also try to swim almost everyday which means that the chlorine dries my face out (helps acne) After i'm done swimming there is basically no oil on my face. Angelo have you tried to control your acne with a diet? I think you should try a strict diet for a few weeks and see if it'll help.

I'm taking them but even if they "do" work i wont' be to sure because i'm trying different things all at the same time. I also try to swim almost everyday which means that the chlorine dries my face out (helps acne) After i'm done swimming there is basically no oil on my face. Angelo have you tried to control your acne with a diet? I think you should try a strict diet for a few weeks and see if it'll help.

I was wondering why so many thread were gone like the best products of 2003 thread and emu thread !

Some fucking hacker messed up the boards and caused us to lose much valuable information. Not to mention my post count went down! :angry:

Angelo, be careful taking pantethine and guggulipids at the same time. Yes pantethine helps lower oil production, while Gug. lowers bad cholesterol BUT so does pantethine. Taking two vitamins that do the same thing will only have a doubling effect, thus a double lowering of cholesterol which probably isnt good. Now, im no expert on this so i could be wrong, but it wouldnt hurt to do the research or ask a professional.

2SG

Yeah I know, and because of this, I'm carfully monitoring my cholestoral. I plan on scheduling a checkup once a month to make sure I'm still at a safe level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't gugulipid increase good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol? If so, why worry? biggrin.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't gugulipid increase good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol? If so, why worry?  biggrin.gif

Actually, I'm trying to lose weight. I'm in training for track next year to be a sprinter, and I need to be alot lighter and agile than I currently am.

But yeah, I got a checkup in about three weeks so we'll see how my cholestoral is then.

I also just started taking Gugulipids this past weekend. So far so good for me and I have high hopes of seeing some results in a reasonable time. smile.gif

Good for you man, how much are you on right now? And remember, I know you want good results soon, but this is a slow process. It's more beneficial in the end, but it's slow.