Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have struggled w/ acne on my chest & back since I was 11 yrs old. I found my skin was very oily but dry at the same time, if that makes since. Well this year I will turn 29 and I have found what works for me.

FOR THE DRYNESS:

First off I have cut out drinks w/ caffeine ( you don't have to give up chocolate & a coke every once in a while is fine). I increased my water intake to 2-4 quarts a day. I have also started an excerise routine (cardio). This has helped w/ the dryness, I guess my skin was thirsty!!

FOR THE ACNE:

The next thing I have found is that maybe my issue was not hormonal after all maybe I've been having allergic reactions to something. So I have change my laundry detergent, soap, shampoo & conditioner, moisturizer to frangrance-free, dye-free, hypoallergenic products. THAT WAS IT most of my acne had disappeared. The final step to clearing up my acne was using a loofa and rubbing down in white vinegar (the kind you get in the grocery aisle) at night (you don't smell long).

I cannot not believe it worked and I figured it out on my on. I have been to doctors who have put me on some crazy meds and accused of not washing to being on steroids. But I figures it out!!!! Hope I have helped!!!! :dance: