Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mike59

olives, tomatoes, lettuce, bell peppers....

are any of these problem foods for some?

olives, tomatoes, lettuce and bell peppers, flour tortillas and/or any spices (ie oregno..etc..)??

tomatoes and peppers are part of the nightshade family which can cause problems for some, but that's one you'll have to determine from some trial and error. tortillas you may want to limit as grains often can cause problems. as for everything else, it sounds very good. veggies and herbs are wonderful for you.

i love red and orange peppers..i could eat them all day! yum! tomatoes give me problems though..make my skin spotty and itchy

also..why would lettuce break anyone out? its basicaly just water!

The flour tortillas should go. They contain, among other things, wheat and corn.

Buy large lettuce leaves and wrap the tacos in that. That is how I eat them.

Edited by Dotty1

Olives give me a worse reaction than anything else. Bell peppers are a no-no as well.

But that's just me. It seems anything can be a problem for anyone.

as other people said, tomatoes and peppers might. For me, some peppers cause problems, but cayenne doesn't. Also, I'm still a bit skeptical on tomatoes.

I avoid nightshades as well. And include eggplant, zucchini, and summer squash, to the tomatoes and bell peppers. They didn't give me acne as my acne is no longer active, but they do make my face red and hot with a tendency to broken capillaries because they are inflammatories. I've quit chili peppers and chili powder too as well and paprika since these spices also belong to the nightshade family. I'd definitely quit the tortillas. The lettuce suggestion was a good one. Lettuce is not a member of the nightshade family.