Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarah Oliver

When will this initial breakout be over?!?!

I am on my second course of accutane. My first course I was clear within a month. The first weeks my skin was coming off in layers, followed by an initial breakout that lasted about a week, and then progressively got better. It literally stopped the breakouts right in there tracks.

I've heard that the second course is easier, but I am on my third week (22 day) and my acne is out of control. Like bad. I didn't get cysts while going off of accutane, just persistent mild acne and it was not as bad as before I went on accutane. Now my skin is at levels I've never seen. I had three HUGE cysts in places I never get acne. (One was on my chin, one was on my eyebrow, and one was on my hairline.) For these past three weeks I have been waking up with literally 2-3 new inflamed zits everyday. My acne is peeling, but my skin itself is still pretty oily.

For people who had a bad initial breakout, how long did it last? I'm taking 40 mg per day, bump up to 60 at my 1 month mark.

Ive been on Accutane almost 4 months and since the beginning of the 3rd month I havent broken out since. The first 3 months were pretty bad though. My face is still really red and I have scarring but it beats having acne all over face.