Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
djvampyre

Steam rooms OK with regimen?

Hello,

I'm new here after being a lurker for quite awhile. I decided to start the regimen for my mild cystic acne (which is returning somewhat as smaller pimples having come off Accutane's effects long ago). Essentially my face isn't all that bad right now and I'm preemptively doing the regimen to reduce the odds of acne returning to it's previous cystic form.

Anyway... I just received the starter kit BUT was wondering about steam rooms. I've been using steam rooms for years on and off (probably 2 or 3 times a month) and was wondering if it was ok to continue that while on the regimine or if it would negate the effects at all. I do shower immediately after the steam room making sure to dab my face dry now instead of rubbing. Then I let my pores cool down and close naturally over time rather than doing the cold water rinse to close them if that helps at all.

ANy advice or previous experience on this?

i too would like to know.. ive been goin steam room at my gym about 10mins once or twice a week.. dunno if its doing me any GOod or bad.. lolz

Just to clarify. I am decently clear still from the Accutane right now... I do have the occasional stress related breakout around exam time though. I am mainly going on the regemine as a preventitive measure to deal with further breakouts. The steam room has never broken me out in the past. I just want to get a few opinions on whether or not BP + steam would be of concern to a person with fairly normal skin and occasional breakouts.

See my problem was always over production of oil which the Accutane decreased (along with the natural oil in my eye making it always dry UGH! ) Now my main enemy is stress of exams.

Well since it looks like there isn't a guinea pig on this yet I'll give my input. I've been using the steam room just as a stress relaxer every other week the past couple months. I haven't had a breakout yet despite it's use and the regimine is continuing to work normally. I will say though that I hit the steam room in the morning and shower immediately after that to wash the sweat off. Then I do my first BP application for the day.