Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive tried using mederma a long time ago

but i didnt really notice a difference...although i havent used it often and for a long period of time

im considering going back to it since its the only option i can think of to rid me of my scars...at an affordable price i guess

maybe i should do more research

but im wondering...does it really work for you guys?

or are there any other options?

in desperate need of advice

The general consensus is that no topical will help scarring. This is scarring in the sense of indentations, not red marks.

As for recommendations it depends on what kind of scarring you have. It is highly unlikely you will ever completely remove a scar, although great improvements are possible. Especially if your scarring is severe all the money in the world may not get you the results you hope for.

do you recommend any other products then?

There are all types of products mentioned on this message board. Check it out.

The general consensus is that no topical will help scarring. This is scarring in the sense of indentations, not red marks.

As for recommendations it depends on what kind of scarring you have. It is highly unlikely you will ever completely remove a scar, although great improvements are possible. Especially if your scarring is severe all the money in the world may not get you the results you hope for.

Actually, retinoids can and do help indented scarring. There can be appreciable improvement with continued use of a retinoid.

Actually, retinoids can and do help indented scarring. There can be appreciable improvement with continued use of a retinoid.

This. Also, I think when you combine retinoids with something like dermarolling it will help even more. I'm doing this method at the moment but it's only been about 6 weeks so far but I do think I've seen some improvement.