Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calendergirl

initial breakout question!

Hi everyone :)

Sorry if this is a little long!

After struggling with my worst breakout ever (I'm 20, & I've had acne since I was 11) I finally broke down & went to see the dermatologist. I've been before but haven't in the last couple years. I was on Dan's Regimen for about 2 months, and while it seemed to stop many new breakouts from forming, I was scared it wouldn't be enough. I also couldn't stand the thought of having to but BP on my face every morning & night for the rest of my life! gah! lol.

Okay, well my derm prescribed me Minocycline 100mg 2x a day & Retin-A Micro for night. I read that the RAM would cause an initial breakout after about week 2. The thing is, I'm only on day four, and I have been getting a lot of whiteheads the last couple days where my clogged comedones are on my chin and cheeks. I haven't experienced much drying or peeling yet either. Could this ALREADY be my initial breakout? I don't know if it's coming earlier because of the excessive amounts of BP & AHA lotion I've used in the last 2 months or what. I'm scared I'm doing something wrong! What do you think? Thanks

I went on RAM and it ruined my skin. I didn't have very bad acne and it dried out my face soooo much that it caused worse acne all over my face! I now have horrible scars and am dealing with acne still after about a year. RAM didn't help me one bit.

You could just be getting really dry so make SURE you MOISTURIZE LIKE CRAZY!!!!

And wear sunscreen/avoid sun exposure!

and drink lots of water!!

I don't want this to scare you! I know people that RAM worked wonders for!!

Good luck!!!

Yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about RAM yet. It doesn't seem to be doing anything that it's supposed to be, as in drying/peeling/flaking. I just seem to be breaking out more. Idk really. I'm just hoping this is the dreaded initial breakout :/ though, I doubt it because it's only been 4 day. ughhh I guess I'll see.

But my acne is pretty bad, so maybe RAM was just too harsh for you if your skin wasn't bad to start out with.

Hey I just started a similar regimen of Doxycycline 100mg 2x a day and Retin-A Micro 0.04% and I wanted to know how your regimen was going.

I'm keeping track of my progress in my acne.org blog but i've only been using these for about 6 days and nothing has happened so far. Haha.

I hope we can help eachother out.

Thanks!

-Cassie

Hello! I'm finishing my third week right now. The first couple of days I broke out a little, but not too bad. I thought that this could possibly be my initial breakout (because of the fact that I'd been using other products consistently for so long), but it definitely wasn't. I started to clear up after the first week. But then this week I have been breaking out a lot :( it sucks, but now I know this is the initial breakout for sure. In all honesty though, it's not THAT BAD. I think the anti-biotic really does it's job, because they only last a couple days. I'm hoping maybe a week more of it and it'll be over with. Also, the retin-a micro never really caused my skin to get too dry, but it does peel a bit. I'm just going to stick through it and see where it takes me!

Keep me posted on how you're doing! good luck :)