Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan10

how many of you have used neutrogena on the spot?

Im probably gonna get a cleanser or a mild soap with neutrogena on the spot and a gentle moisturizer.

how has using that BP helped some of you?

better or worse than dans BP? or are they basically the same thing?

Well, you already know I've used NOTS.

It worked fine as far as clearing me up went. It dries up a little faster than Dan's BP, so you have less time to move it around while it absorbs, and it does leave a bit of a whitish film on your skin. It's not too bad though.

Overall, I'd say Dan's BP is better because it goes on clear and, because it's gel-based, you have more time to move it around on your face. Dan's BP is also a little less drying, in my experience, and obviously it's more cost effective than NOTS.

But NOTS should be just fine for you. Especially if you're just going to be using it for a while so that your parents can see that The Regimen works. If you can, though, I'd recommend switching over to Dan's BP if your parents will let you.

Well, you already know I've used NOTS.

It worked fine as far as clearing me up went. It dries up a little faster than Dan's BP, so you have less time to move it around while it absorbs, and it does leave a bit of a whitish film on your skin. It's not too bad though.

Overall, I'd say Dan's BP is better because it goes on clear and, because it's gel-based, you have more time to move it around on your face. Dan's BP is also a little less drying, in my experience, and obviously it's more cost effective than NOTS.

But NOTS should be just fine for you. Especially if you're just going to be using it for a while so that your parents can see that The Regimen works. If you can, though, I'd recommend switching over to Dan's BP if your parents will let you.

well there finally gonna let me buy the NOTS, but it wasnt at the store so im sure theyll okay dans instead. they were concerned I was gonna hurt my face, but there giving me a chance. so they may let me get dans BP. I just didnt now if NOTS was better or not. Id preffer dans regimen because its set in stone and not me having to pick between cleansers, and moisturizers.

make sure to follow dan's instructions about starting with a little bp or your parents will become concerned quickly after putting a lot of bp on day 1

make sure to follow dan's instructions about starting with a little bp or your parents will become concerned quickly after putting a lot of bp on day 1

and it doesent mater whether its NOTS or dans right?

latly ive seen some results with the oxy 10% BP wash and there saclicyic acid pads. for maximum results i was thinking replace those pads with stridex 2.5% BP pads, or NOTS. would that be the finishing touch to my slowly healing acne? considering id be using a little more BP and it seems the BP wash is helping. because now I have couple pimples but its just kinda red, so I could use oxy 10% wash, 2.5% pads(or NOTS) and either an aveeno moisturizer made to heal redness, or an AHA lotion

I used NOTS and it works great. I was planning on getting Dan's BP after my 1st tube of NOTS was finished, but I just bought 2 more NOTS because it was only $4.00 at Meijer. I'll probably get Dan's as soon as I make another order (I use his Cleanser and Jojoba oil).

My skin needed to get used to the BP it for a little over a week-- it dried me out really bad. But the Jojoba oil mixed with moisturizer works wonders for the drying.

I used it for the first year or so that I was on the Regimen. It works if you use it as Dan suggests. The biggest issue is that it gets quite expensive paying for those tiny tubes, which only last about a week.

should I use a cleanser like a bar of soap like basis or neutrogena? the neutrogena one actually says made for acne prone skin. or should I use a pump cleanser like purpose

any reccomendations are helpful.

If a cleanser says it's formulated "for acne-prone skin", it's probably medicated. You'll want to find a gentle, non-medicated cleanser. Your face is going to be going through enough while it adjusts to the amounts of BP you'll be using. Using other medicated products at the same time can be too much.

If a cleanser says it's formulated "for acne-prone skin", it's probably medicated. You'll want to find a gentle, non-medicated cleanser. Your face is going to be going through enough while it adjusts to the amounts of BP you'll be using. Using other medicated products at the same time can be too much.

is a cleanser or a bar better?

It seems that a lot of people are saying that some of the ingredients that make bars solid can be comedogenic (although I use a Dove bar all the time with no issues, and Dan recommends the Basis Sensitive Skin bar).

If you're worried about it, I'd go with a liquid cleanser. If Dan recommends the Basis bar, though, I think that would be a pretty safe bet.

It seems that a lot of people are saying that some of the ingredients that make bars solid can be comedogenic (although I use a Dove bar all the time with no issues, and Dan recommends the Basis Sensitive Skin bar).

If you're worried about it, I'd go with a liquid cleanser. If Dan recommends the Basis bar, though, I think that would be a pretty safe bet.

ha the problem is he reccomends a lot of things haha. Maybe ill just go with the purpose bar.

Here's where Dan shows products he recommends and compares them to his products: http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

The Purpose bar is on the list, so if that's what you want to use, go for it. : )

yeah, thanks. how does he reccommend these? like has he used all of these products, or does he go by reviews?

I don't know if Dan, personally, has tried all of them, but I do know that a lot of research goes into everything on this site. So if he says they're okay, I'd definitely trust him.

I don't know if Dan, personally, has tried all of them, but I do know that a lot of research goes into everything on this site. So if he says they're okay, I'd definitely trust him.

yeah, thanks.

Ideally, I'd like to use Dan's products only but I'm really glad that he told us about similar products that you can find at the store. I imagine it's helpful if there is ever a time where you run out or are somehow without your products (traveling or whatnot) and you can just run to the store to get almost the same thing-- of course with paying a little more money.

Still, I'm so impressed with Dan Kern's business ethic.

i used the on the spot for at least 3 months when i was on the regimen. i thought it would just be better for me overall because i live around a lot of pharmacies, so it was convenient. i think it worked decent, but i do think that dan's bp works so much better because it's not targeted for one spot. and you don't have to worry about how it absorbs into the skin.