Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dishnswish

AHH EMERGENCY NEED HELP QUICK!

i have a pustule on the right side of my face! normally this wouldn't be that bad, but for some reason its red in almost 1/2- 3/4 inch diameter. normally, i would have popped the pimple with a needle and just let it heal up, but this is almost a 3/4 of an inch in diameter red. im afraid that if i do pop it, it will leave some serious PIH. i know no one can know for sure, but for people with similar experiences what have you done?

i might have to take a day off of school tomorrow and see if i can make an emergency appointment with my dermatologist for an injection, but that might not be possible as the last time i had to make a regular appointment i had to wait three weeks. anyone help will be greatly appreciated!

post-91523-1238462473_thumb.jpg

post-91523-1238462507_thumb.jpg

post-91523-1238462473_thumb.jpg

post-91523-1238462507_thumb.jpg

Whatever you do don't pop or pick it. Count your blessings that it's only one. Icing it down may help relieve the redness or you could put some concealer on it (assuming you go to school) until you see your Derm.

...or you could slap a band-aid on it. =P

haha my sister's concealer is a whole shade lighter than my skin so it'd stick out like a sore thumb. it actually got alot less red after i followed my regular regimen and i might even make it to school tomorrow

thanks for the replies guys

So i was taking a shower in the morning today, and after i washed my face the head washed off, so i just pressed slightly and all the guck came out. after it was REALLY red again so i ended up asking my sister if she could do anything, and she actually was able to cover up prety nicely. i never knew that make up faded even if you dont do anything so by the end of the day it looked pretty red and i was pretty much on the train home quietly

it came to a head again and im not gonna pop it or pick at it, ill just let teh shower work the magic again. i also noticed that there might actually be two small papules forming around it. this kinda blows because i haven't had inflamed acne in more than three weeks and then this :/. ill get passed it but im worried about PIH and next week is spring break so ehhhhhh. and if it is two papules that form by tomorrow, i'll have to take the day off and definately put my full foot forward to see the derm.

ahh..so almost the whole thing is now PIH and i have 3 other pustules on my face.. this relaly sucks because i just went 3 weeks without 1 pimple. i have a feeling this is all stress related.. but im going to the derm tomorrow to get those pustules injected..sigh

thank you wynne :). i've read that a few times already haha its really helpful, but i dont know where to get ibuprofen anywhere but after it popped, i did apply neosporin to it and i think its helping with the redness. i think the mean reason i broke out was because i didnt shave for more then 5 days and i dont think i moisturized enough as my skin felt oily shortly after i applied it. thankfully ill learn from this experience to not get lazy and shave and to moisturize adequately.