Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnejean

Does this happen to you?

I apply my mineral makeup and when I look in the mirror you can see tons of flakes and everything gross. But when I wait 30 minutes - 1 hour it looks normal and creamy.

Does this happen to you? or do you think it's just my makeup?

yea this used to happen to me almost every morning... what i do now is wait longer between applying moisturizer and makeup... it keeps it nice and fresh, flake free but not greasy

Hm good point. But I imagine I would be spreading around oil. I'll try it out next time though.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I noticed the same thing with my makeup. Most mineral makeups use the "buffing" technique when applying it which is what makes the flakes more noticeable in my case. So I stopped doing that. I swirl my brush in the makeup, tap it into the bristles, then lightly tap the brush on my face rather than rubbing or buffing. It has definitely helped with the flaking issue.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I noticed the same thing with my makeup. Most mineral makeups use the "buffing" technique when applying it which is what makes the flakes more noticeable in my case. So I stopped doing that. I swirl my brush in the makeup, tap it into the bristles, then lightly tap the brush on my face rather than rubbing or buffing. It has definitely helped with the flaking issue.

Ohh right. Good point. So much for "buff tap tap swirl" or whatever people say.

oh that happens to me too!

i think it's because after a while, the powders set into your skin and merge with the oils there. that moisture prevents it from looking flakey!

that's why some people "set" their minerals with a mist right after they apply it--they don't want to wait the extra half hour :)

and yeahh, the bareminerals motto didn't work out for me either :)

oh that happens to me too!

i think it's because after a while, the powders set into your skin and merge with the oils there. that moisture prevents it from looking flakey!

that's why some people "set" their minerals with a mist right after they apply it--they don't want to wait the extra half hour :)

and yeahh, the bareminerals motto didn't work out for me either :)

I was thinking of doing that but I had the idea it would dry it out. I'll try that out next time.