Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MoeMoe1989

My Overall Questions! Please Read!

i like how he recommended them but most bars and 1 or 2 are pumps... are the ones he recommend are as good as he's? like doesn't leave ur face flaky red irritated and same results as Dan's?

2.5% benzoyl peroxide... dan's a pump and he recommended a cream thats on the spot? i dnt get it how is that going to follow as the same steps? should we put the same amount of pumps from dans bp into our hand? so that makes us has to squeeze alot of cream to get the same amount of pumps and that's just stupid.. so what does everyone use for the BP with same results? like we have to actually put the ENTIRE cream to cover your face like dan's pump....

and the Moisturizer.... which one that works for well also with spf15 and takes care of the flakeyness?

(you need to add jojoba oil after you apply the Moisturizer to control the flakyness am i right? )

and what does everyone use for a overnight one spot treatment?

and can you use any oral antibiotics with these regimen for more support?

please anyone help me!!!!!!!!!

You have to find a cleanser that works well for you. Dan makes some good suggestions, but everybody's skin is different, so just find a gentle cleanser that your skin reacts well to.

And as for BP, Dan shows how to measure out both his BP and Neutrogena On The Spot here: http://www.acne.org/finger.html

As for moisturizer with SPF, a lot of people seem to like Olay Complete for sensitive skin. And not everyone needs to use jojoba. It's not a necessity, but it can help if your skin is overly dry and/or flaky.

With The Regimen, you'll have BP on your face all the time, so won't really need spot treatment. If you want, though, you can dab a little extra BP on blemishes. After you've been on The Regimen for a month or so, you can try adding AHA in, and that can be used as a spot treatment as well. Don't try adding the AHA in too soon, though, because it can be too much for your skin while it's adjusting to the amounts of BP The Regimen calls for.

thanks! where can I get the jojoba oil and the AHA+? if i cant buy them online from Dan?

Welcome, AHA + is only available through acne.org, but you can purchase many other alpha hydroxy's in stores. Like Walgreens Nature's Finest Alpha Hydroxy, etc. Jojoba oil I heard you can get at Trader Joes, but I'm sure there are other stores that carry it. I never heard of it until I came here though.

:angel:

Dan's products are specially formulated by Dan and are only available through his site. You'll be able to find similar products elsewhere, but not the exact same products as Dan's.

Dude, go up and check out the store at the top of this page. There will be a link under the description to all the ingredients, this site couldn't be better documented, you just have to spend some time surfing around. I'd recommend watching all the tutorial videos, and I would strongly recommend breaking down and buying the products online if you can, dan formulated everything to a very basic, stripped down version, with less variables, eliminating potential irritation.

Also man, a word of caution, if you are just starting the regimen, especially for hormonal acne, I would avoid the AHA for a bit. If you suffer from small blocked pores, then AHA or BHA is the way to go, but if you have acne, especially if your still in your teens, I would not use the AHA right away. Its a great way to exfoliate, chances are though you'll be doing enough at first by washing your face and shaving, that kind of thing. The regimen is a full on exposure to chemical, the less you mess with the better for the time being, you'll find out quick enough just BP is going to be an adjustment enough. Do yourself a favor though, order online, OTC products have a host of other ingredients like menthol and alcohol that will likely hinder your progress, but then again, what works from some might not work for others.