Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Lindsey1025

Acne in reverse?

Guest Lindsey1025

I'm 23 years old. In high school my face was completely clear. At 20 I got on the birth control TriNessa and remained clear. When I was 22 I went off the birth control and began to get deep acne. I figured it was my hormones returning to normal, but decided to go on the ProActive regimen. I bought the one for oily skin and for 10 months my face was clear. Then I started getting mostly small zits, indicating to me the ProActive was no longer working. So I switched to Cetaphil face wash and saw mild improvement for a month before I started getting deep acne again. So I went to the dermatologist and have currently been on a regimen of NeoBenz facewash and differin 0.5 gel. I'm on my 9th week of it now and am STILL getting deep acne which is very frustrating as I want clear skin. I'm just wondering why my skin started getting acne now, and why is my current regimen not controlling it?

I'm 23 years old. In high school my face was completely clear. At 20 I got on the birth control TriNessa and remained clear. When I was 22 I went off the birth control and began to get deep acne. I figured it was my hormones returning to normal, but decided to go on the ProActive regimen. I bought the one for oily skin and for 10 months my face was clear. Then I started getting mostly small zits, indicating to me the ProActive was no longer working. So I switched to Cetaphil face wash and saw mild improvement for a month before I started getting deep acne again. So I went to the dermatologist and have currently been on a regimen of NeoBenz facewash and differin 0.5 gel. I'm on my 9th week of it now and am STILL getting deep acne which is very frustrating as I want clear skin. I'm just wondering why my skin started getting acne now, and why is my current regimen not controlling it?

Hey Lindsey,

Your story kind of sounds like mine. I had crystal clear skin until I was 21... I became clear again by using Salicylic acid. Read my log if you'd like, and search the net for salicylic acid so you understand what it does. Good luck!

Hey, I didn't know Differin have a 0.5?

Hey, I didn't know Differin have a 0.5?

I don't think they do..maybe she meant Retin A..

Guest Lindsey1025

Yeah, Differin has a 0.5. My dermatologist has me using NeoBenz micro wash and then Differin 0.5 as a topical