Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonesy

Non-concentrated acne

My acne is mild but is not concentrated in one area of my skin, I have a bit on my cheeks, a bit round my mouth, a bit on my forehead, but the thing is, on my BP (Oxy) it says it is not to be used on large areas of skin. How are you meant to follow Dan's regime if you have mild but sporadic acne in different areas? Not only is the use of BP all over the face not advised, but it would end up costig a fortune in any case if you used it all over your face! Cheers.

my suggestion would be to spread a thinner layer of bp (2.5%) all over the affected areas and gradually spread more and more till your acne goes away. then stay with that amount...

I think that's how many people experience acne - including myself. I have light/mild acne sporadically throughout my face. I just spread the BP all over all areas that generally break out. Dont listen to what the Oxy tube says, that's not the regimen anyways! Dan's instructions make up the regimen... which means spread the BP all over the affected areas, no matter how big or small they are. I definitely agree with agentcooper's suggestion of spreading a thin layer over all affected areas to start off with, then gradually build up the amount until you have found an effective way to combat new breakouts. It might end up being a little expensive (I dont know how much Oxy costs), but this regimen is a lot cheaper than many other, less effective methods of acne treatment. If it does it's job, its worth it. Also, Dan's BP gel is bigger and cheaper, you might wanna try it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I agree with CaliforniaCA, you should spread a little all over the problem area. I also like to spread it over the areas that are breakout - less because it helps prevent them. Again, like California said, follow Dan's regimen's and what he says, if the product irritates you, then you can try to adjust the regimen so that it best fits your needs. biggrin.gif