Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex8383

Facial redness after TCA and accutane

I am 26 years old and i think my facial redness (only in the cheek area) came from two strong TCA peels and accutance. I never had this redness before. My skin is also very dry since these treatments. I do not have acne anymore but now i have red sensitive skin. I also experience flushing.

Is there anything i can do to get rid of the redness?

I am 26 years old and i think my facial redness (only in the cheek area) came from two strong TCA peels and accutance. I never had this redness before. My skin is also very dry since these treatments. I do not have acne anymore but now i have red sensitive skin. I also experience flushing.

Is there anything i can do to get rid of the redness?

If you have rosacea (and you'd need to be examined by a doctor, NP, or PA to get the diagnosis), there are treatments for rosacea.

If you don't have rosacea, there is still a lot that you can try. Check out the pinned posts at the top of the forum. Use cool or warm water for washing as hot is irritating, drying and WILL increase redness. Use a gentle, non-medicated cleanser. Use a non-comedognic moisturizer. Some like Aveene's (sp?) redness relief line. Some like Cetaphil. Some like Olay, some like Neutrogena.

I talked to my dermatologist and he said he thinks i do not have rosacea, but he was not 100 percent sure.He meant I should go to a university hospital.

My blood results was normal except i am very low on vitamin b12. Has this somesthing to do with flushing?

Is it possible that the redness will disapear on its own after serveral years?