Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Im having terrible dermatitis that comes and goes, PLEASE HELP ME especially nurses out there!

I have a rash all over my body especially my legs and I hope its not something Im eating. Is zyertec comedogenic? It contains the ingredients as follows: cornstarch, FD&C blue #1, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, polydextrosem, polyethylene glycol, povidone, titanium dioxide and triacetian. I know I shouldnt scratch but I feel like Im crawling out of my skin. It itches so badly!

I went to the derm and he pricked a piece of skin from my hand because he thought I had scabies. I work in a nursing home and I thought, omg that is not scabies! He looked at it and he couldnt tell. I know what scabies looks like! He prescribed me elimite which I used all up and it didnt really help me. I went back three weeks later and I told him Im still itching. I showed him my foot because it had red bumps and it kept itching. He told me, you know what, thats dermatitis. Thats what I thought it was the whole time. Anyway, how is dermatitis treated? He gave me a prescription called Fluocinonide Cream USP .05%. Honestly, Im afraid to use it. Its apparently a hydrocortizone cream. I would have to use a very thin layer and Im afraid to use that on my legs and my arms too

before you use that

use osmotics tricerame (i think thats how you spell it)

I would never use a steriod no matter how bad my seb derm gets..because it can cause serious side affects

try osmotics

its great

Its sold all over the net..Amazon..other skin websites

I get it from a skinstore shop in my city..they sell like top of the line skin care products

so i dont have to order it online I just go there and buy it

great for my hand dermatitis aswell..really helps my face though

you gotta steadily use it though

some people see results really fastt though

Its sold all over the net..Amazon..other skin websites

I get it from a skinstore shop in my city..they sell like top of the line skin care products

so i dont have to order it online I just go there and buy it

great for my hand dermatitis aswell..really helps my face though

you gotta steadily use it though

some people see results really fastt though

Ive never heard of it. Thank you for your feedback! Anyone else have anything to contribute?

Change your laundry detergent to something hypoallergenic. Don't use fabric softener. Use warm water for bathing, not hot. Heat will intensify the itching.

Try the steroid cream but only as directed. It's one of the treatments for dermatitis.

Change your laundry detergent to something hypoallergenic. Don't use fabric softener. Use warm water for bathing, not hot. Heat will intensify the itching.

Try the steroid cream but only as directed. It's one of the treatments for dermatitis.

Isnt tide hypoallergenic? I havent used fabric softner since I joined this site and found out it can worsen acne. Maybe that is my problem, my shower water is too hot. I will try and make it warm instead.

Tide has fragrance. There are formulations of detergents that specifically say hypoallergenic. Google hypoallergenic laungry detergent for possibilities.

I have read that oatmeal baths help.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dermatiti...d-home-remedies

Lifestyle and home remedies

By Mayo Clinic staff

These steps can help you manage dermatitis:

Apply an anti-itch cream or calamine lotion to the affected area. A nonprescription hydrocortisone cream, containing at least 1 percent hydrocortisone, can temporarily relieve your itch. A nonprescription oral antihistamine, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl, others), may be helpful if your itching is severe.

Apply cool, wet compresses. Covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect your skin and prevent scratching.

Take a comfortably cool bath. Sprinkle your bath water with baking soda, uncooked oatmeal or colloidal oatmeal — a finely ground oatmeal that is made for the bathtub (Aveeno, others).

Avoid scratching whenever possible. Cover the itchy area with a dressing, if you can't keep from scratching it. Trim nails and wear gloves at night.

Wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. This will help you avoid irritating the affected area.

Use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding. Try using the extra rinse cycle on your wash machine.

Tide has fragrance. There are formulations of detergents that specifically say hypoallergenic. Google hypoallergenic laungry detergent for possibilities.

Eeek, no wonder I have this! My skin is very sensitive to products and especially fragrance.

I remember you had at least one other similar topic before and you have also mentioned itchy skin in your log.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ME-itchy-...ng-t189560.html

I honestly do think the laudry detergent I used to use was contributing to my hives and itchy skin. I put on this sweatshirt from hollister that I had put in the wash not realizing I hadnt washed it with my new detergent one and used the scented one. Now my arm really is breaking out in hives. http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1003914kh6.jpg

What Cheer did you get? Free and Gentle? Even though it is free of perfumes and dyes it may not be hypoallergenic. Do a google search for hypoallergenic laundry detergents.

And...the symptoms don't subside immediately.

What Cheer did you get? Free and Gentle? Even though it is free of perfumes and dyes it may not be hypoallergenic. Do a google search for hypoallergenic laundry detergents.

And...the symptoms don't subside immediately.

Yes, thats the one I got. I dont like to return stuff like that. I dont understand. If its free of perfumes and dyes, how is it not hypoallergenic? Whats your definition of hypoallergenic?

I've been using soapnuts to do my laundry and they've been working great. All natural. They have them on Amazon.

Do you have a shower filter? Might help and they are pretty cheap.

What kind of soap are you using in the shower?

Hypoallergenic: not likely to provoke a reaction, being free of ingredients than can upset sensitive skin. There is no FDA rule regarding hypoallergenic claims, and marketers may simply use it to get people to buy their products.

Many products claim to be 'gentle' yet still contain surfactants (as they help remove dirt) that might be problematic for sensitive skin.

Google hypoallergenic detergents. Or laundry detergent for sensitive skin. Or even ask your derm for suggestions.

And keep using all the techniques suggested above from the Mayo clinic. They'll help keep the itching at bay. And perhaps the Cheer Free and Gentle is actually ok for your skin. One use isn't going to tell you one way or the other unless you had immediate itching upon wearing the clothes you'd washed.

Also, try washing one load in plain old baking soda, nothing else. That's about as hypoallergenic as one can get.

Sometimes it is a matter of a different brand, so the Cheer MAY end up working for you.